Alaska 4x4 Network

Alaska 4x4 Network (http://www.alaska4x4network.com/index.php)
-   4x4 Vehicle (car, truck, etc) (http://www.alaska4x4network.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   >>>the official new member check-in thread<<< (http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=10145)

bgreen776 11-05-2004 10:41 PM

>>>the official new member check-in thread<<<

Note to All members of the board:
From this point forward, new members of the board can, and should, use this thread to say Hello, and introduce themselves.There will be no bashing of newbs in this thread. When newbies start new threads to introduce themselves, point them toward this thread, and a moderator will delete their thead for them.

Note to newbies:
This board is made up of a fairly tight knit group of people. Almost all of the regular members know each other personally. This allows us to say things based on a more complete knowledge of how the person will react to such remarks. If you are new to the board, and/or, dont know most of our members personally, it has been proven in the past that sarcastic remarks from you wont go over well. While this is not the PBB, it can pay to read the board for a while, and soak up our culture, before posting much.

Everyone please read the annoucment at the top of the forums.

Most of all, I would like to be the first to welcome you to the Alaska 4x4 Network!

If you feel inclined to do so, please support the board.

If you dont feel inclined to support the board, here is how you can post pictures.

BadCo 11-05-2004 11:00 PM

If I may, can I also add something to this?

For the people (2 "girls" in the past) that want to get on here an prey on male emotions while pretending, lying, falsifying, and otherwise decieving everyone on the board...you will be found out and banned.

Welcome new people. Please, be yourself. This is the best source for wheeling in Alaska, there is no competition.

AKSamiRoze 11-06-2004 08:39 PM

Newbie's one and all

Hi everyone I am the keeper of the Samurai, that my husband said was stolen from him...But since I am his Keeper, share and share alike. Brook, thanks for taking up the slack, and a void that would've been left in the BearMooses' den with no community board. Are you going to keep your board as well? I have met many of you through the board and you are nice people (well, mostly)...take care and thanks to all.

Sami Roze

PS-Here is my Buzzuki
http://pics.montypics.com/ak4x4/2004...amiRoz_010.jpg

bgreen776 11-06-2004 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKSamiRoze
Are you going to keep your board as well?

im not quite sure yet.

southcentralpirate 11-07-2004 10:13 PM

hello all

being this is my frist post on this board I should count myself a newb :grin:

I live down here in Homer and just bought myself a project 78' Dodge Powerwagon club cab full time 4X pickem-up and went to the fabshop board for some tech but found out that the old board was havong some "tech issues" of its own bgreen linked me to the new board so here I am.

Other than that The wife drives our 99' durango w/the 5.2L around and my daily driver is currently a mazda b2600 :rock:

I got to lurk around a good chunk of yesterday and read up on a few of the threads and noted alot of jeepers onboard :der:

Anyway :food:

glad to be here

moo. 11-08-2004 09:52 PM

i was lookin to make a donation, but i couldnt get your link to work... it gives me a dead page.

sledneck 11-08-2004 10:03 PM

moo good to see ya here!! :rock:

66cruzer 11-08-2004 10:22 PM

Hello, I'm cruzer. I live at eielson. I have a 66 fj40 with a 350. I'm in the process of a aussie locker in the rear and lockright in the front. I'm doing 4 wheel discs and power steering also. It's lifted 6" with 36" tsl radials.

Toy4Fun 11-09-2004 01:00 AM

howdy all

Well, I just wandered over from the other board. I guess this is where the masses are. I'm new to Alaskan wheeling, I grew up in Washington mud, and for the last few years was playing in the California rocks. I'm currently finishing a 1971 FJ 40 landcruiser with spring over, chevy 350, 38.5" sx swampers etc. Anyway, I just thought I'd say "hi."

Bad Ass Chevrolet 11-09-2004 01:41 AM

figure i might as well welcome all the newbies as well.... i know how it was when i first started on the other board... here you will have plenty of good times, so sit back and let the good times roll... :rock:

natrlbrnmudr 11-09-2004 06:02 AM

quotes Joe Dirt..." I'm new, I dunno what to do!"

Hey all, my name is Nate, NBM, natural born mudder, or whatever else you wanna call me. I am up here in the Fairbanks region. I wheel with Arctic Offroad and am currently the treasurer for the club. I wheel a 97 TJ, nicknamed lil' T because I wheeled it stock for so long.
I am in the middle of upgrades now. I have a 2"BB, 31" BFG MT's, home made disco's, cool little doo-dads, and a winch that currently does not work.
My future mods for the T are 3.5" BDS, 33" BFG's, rear locker, to get my winch serviceable again, flush mounted LED's, and maybe a paint job( think bananas or Big Bird!)

I also lurk on a few other sites, Jeeps-Offroad, Arctic Offroad, NAXJA, JRO, and now here.

BLACKWIDOW 11-10-2004 02:20 PM

Checked in on Northern board recently so just stoppin' in to say "hey". Seems to be a lot of military members on this board so I'm taking time to say thanks, a day early to all of you...for all you do and have done. Multi great grandpa in Am. Rev., Grandpa Jack WWI, my dad in WWII/Korea and my best friend Lt. Col Tom Desert Storm call sign "Calvin". :Flag: Thanks again. Oh yeah, mis-placed goat roper from E Wa in a stock 'Runner. -Victoria

SilverstoneXJ 11-13-2004 08:04 AM

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...4_155_full.jpg

Hi everyone. I left AK back in May after 4 yrs, and miss wheeling with a great group of folks, but now it's time to wheel the rocky trails of Colorado and meet new.

Glad to join on to this AK united board.

- Gary

dirt 11-13-2004 08:14 AM

welcome y'all

AKBearMoose 11-13-2004 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverstoneXJ

Hi everyone. I left AK back in May after 4 yrs, and miss wheeling with a great group of folks, but now it's time to wheel the rocky trails of Colorado and meet new.

- Gary

It's about friggin time...finally got snail net up at FE Warren...LOL...Good to see you Gary.

sledneck 11-13-2004 09:36 AM

silverston thats a sick bumper did you make it??

SilverstoneXJ 11-13-2004 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sledneck
silverstone, thats a sick bumper did you make it??

I can't take credit... it's from ProtoFab4x4.com. I now have the front and rear. They worked with us for truck shipping to AK on the rear, but we waited till we got back down to the lower 48 to get the front. Great customer service! A few others in Squarebanks have them too. They also offer ones for TJs, Yotas, and Early Broncos.

sledneck 11-13-2004 11:14 PM

**** no s10s

botz 11-16-2004 02:56 AM

80 bronco

good mornin to all down here in nikiski . my name is tom nice to be here.think i might be movin back to anchorage. i have an 80 bronco no lift ,33-10.50-15,351w rpm manifold auto, and lots of natural body work on the truck,with a plow .hope not to get bash over here like i was over at the other place. good to be here now. one else is a night owl?

nate 11-16-2004 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverstoneXJ

- Gary

Is that a paint roller on the CB antenna?

nico 11-16-2004 09:29 PM

Hey everyone, my name is Nico. I'm from fairbanks. I ride sleds a bit, and am still a student. I snowboard, party, sled, party, and drive alot. Driving is a hobby to me, not a chore.
My truck is a project and will be getting much needed TLC this winter/spring. Hope to meet the local people sometime.

Nico

seeber 11-20-2004 01:14 PM

hi, i just found this forum from akms.
Im 17 and have an 00 access cab tundra that pretends to be an offroad mobber. :rock:
its good to be here

4x4_MMMH_4x4 11-22-2004 04:55 AM

MMM Yummy... Im Brandon, I live in Fairbanks, and have so my whole life... I grew up around trucks, big ones:)... Not liking little ones... Or cars... Well not liking new ones at least... Fan of the older stuff... I was cruisin around the forums after doing the registered user deal, and noticed this... SOOOOO I figured id say a little Howdy Doo and what not... Iono, its 4:46 am and I havent been able to get to sleep... And not to mention im incredibaly bored... :angry: Blah, I drive a 1981 Chevy Pickemup Truck, 3/4 Ton, 4:56 gears and a locker in the rear, Stock 3:42 gears in the front (was going to regear the front and not use 4wd until then, but, im putting D60s in the front and rear, so meh...) It just has a stock 350 but I have future plans (in months) to put a 454 or a 427 with a six pack in it... I would stick with the Rear end she has now, but my trucks a Canadian model and has a semi floater... It also has 52 inch springs... BLAH!!! MMM... The trucks gonig to get two WARN 16.5 Ti winches mounted on (of course) custom built bumpers... Truck has a 6" BDS lift kit, that I was so graciously ripped off for... Going to add 3" blocks in the rear, and 2.5" add-a-leafs in the front... Truck has 35x12.5R16 Cooper Discoverer St's... Wanna Buy Em??? Excellent tread, ask me for details... MMM what else can i bore everyone with... Super Swamper Boggers will be put on after the rest of the build is complete... Manual transmission going in... Polurethane hyperflex system... Uh, bucket seats to get rid of the bench, 5 point racing harnesses... I might experiment with Nitrous and see what it does, just because... So I think im done... That was me saying Hi, Im Here... And if youve read this far im sorry... Mmm and thats it...

frogmanclay 11-28-2004 06:30 AM

Hello to all. My name is Clay. I am in the army, I repair mobile satellite terminals that my fellow comrads destroy out in the desert. Although I have done my share of tearing them up as well. I have a 77 CJ-5 that I am building up. 454ci, SM465, NP205 (I think), dana 60 front, 14 bolt rear, 4.56s, lifted a bit, and soon to have 40s. (When it gets to the point that it needs tires.) I am getting close though. I am new to the project vehicle world, so I will pry be asking some dumb questions every now and then. I have picked up enough to get me by. But that is about it. Thanks to everyone that lends a helping word along the way. Oh yeah, one last thing. This board is awesome.

Clay

Rowdy Red 11-28-2004 06:35 AM

Hi and welcome! Sounds like you got quite the rig :grin: