Alaska 4x4 Network

Alaska 4x4 Network (http://www.alaska4x4network.com/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (http://www.alaska4x4network.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Into stocks? real money maker i think (http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=60655)

chadcmb 10-10-2013 09:30 AM

Into stocks? real money maker i think

My opinion of this information about ACYD stock is great.

I believe the technology is true and is/ will work better than the others.

I had bought last year at $.00356 or something very very cheep. spent $420 and got 117720 shares.

It went down and i held for a year then unloaded when i wanted to buy another stock. lost like $300 of the $420.

Now look at what is happening to this stock! My $420 investment would be $4700 today...
really kicking myself for that... but its the past..

They are combined with Wialan tech. and becomeing something big.
In my opinion this is a real money maker (from my reasearch)

Here is a power point presentation
http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...ge_id=92876185

I bought ACYD this morning at .044 or so. so i am down for today but think with news supposed to be released today or tomorrow we can see up from here.

Also look into SBOTF. im up 50% on that alteast. I believe in that technology as well..

Check out NTEK

I will not be held reliable for any earnings or losses with this stock pick.
I am not saying to buy it, just look into it.

Derby6 10-10-2013 10:09 AM

Re: Into stocks? real money maker i think

Unless you have the time to follow stocks VERY closely on a daily basis and keep up and understand the big picture, you will find that you are much better off investing for long term in IRS's, CD's, 401K's etc... They don't put all eggs in one stock, they diversify
Yes you can make a quick buck the way you are doing it but as you already experienced you can lose it too.
Don't think NOW, think long term.....
I would only do what you are doing with limited amounts of money and consider it a "hobby".

chadcmb 10-10-2013 10:21 AM

I'm playing with about $5k in my brokerage link account. out of my $13k total. Not going to pull any more out of my 401k.
Each check gets 5% plus match from my employer. I had 10% going in but I needed more money each week. After a raise I'll bring it back to 10%

But yes it's risky and gambling in my eyes.
I'm addicted to gambling.

chadcmb 10-10-2013 01:59 PM

Did anyone buy?

Derby6 10-10-2013 02:12 PM

:der:

chadcmb 10-10-2013 03:01 PM

you'll see.

or ill give you permission to tell me "i told ya so"

haha.

but yes :nanner:

Niko 10-10-2013 04:13 PM

I like my IRA's. Like Derby said, think long term.

snowbear 10-10-2013 08:56 PM

I own lots of individual stocks, roughly 30-50 different companies and a few mutual funds. Mostly US companies on NYSE or NASDAQ and a few international companies via ADRs. I try and keep some in municipal bonds using a ladder approach. That's where some mature every other year. The returns on CDs suck. You don't have to watch 'VERY closely and on a daily basis' to be a successful investor. You don't buy IRS's (guessing you mean IRAs) or 401k's, those are types of accounts, not investments.

The number one rule in building wealth is, pay yourself first.

NO MATTER WHAT, put 10% from EVERY paycheck in savings.

The 2nd rule, don't go spend it on something stupid like a car, house, snogo, etc.

You want to speculate, play penny stocks, buy cars, etc. Set up an account different from your 'savings' account.

Derby6 10-11-2013 08:53 AM

Yea typo, I meant IRA’s…
Funny, I think I agree with you about 99% of the time, but differ a little bit here. Definitely not entirely though.:grin:

You don't have to watch 'VERY closely and on a daily basis' to be a successful investor, because you have several stocks and are committed. Chad on the other hand is young, appears not be as patient, and doesn’t have the $$$ for several stocks to diversify himself. That’s completely understandable and normal; we were all young guns once…:grin4:

I see IRA’s & 401’s as Investment accounts. We’re probably just splitting hairs here; Potato Patato…lol:i3:

I agree whole heartedly with paying yourself first, but not sure a house falls in with the “stupid” list. I know it is considered a sort of liability, but it can be a great investment as well. Just like stocks or anything you have to do your homework, understand what you doing, and be thinking long term. I am in the process of buying a second house and am keeping my current house as a sort of investment.:drool::drive::rock:

Black Bronco 10-11-2013 02:05 PM

I bought some Ford Stocks when they were around $9-10/share, why didn't I have money when they were $1???? :sad2: ) And now that they're at $16/share I've made a nice little profit :grin:

I was going to buy some Sony shares before the Playstation 4 was announced, and woulda made some good money there too... if I had money at the time :sad2:

crdude 10-12-2013 01:03 PM

I always wondered about investing in stocks.. But considering I have no clue about it, I'll stick to buying/selling/parting out sleds with my spare $.

chadcmb 10-12-2013 01:20 PM

It's my retirement I'm playing with. I just have to not pull any more out of the401k conservative part.

snowbear 10-12-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadcmb (Post 587709)
It's my retirement I'm playing with. I just have to not pull any more out of the401k conservative part.

No way to say this nicely. Don't do that!!!

I seen several people blow their retirement money by taking it out of 401ks for any number of reasons. Start another account to play with.

I started saving and investing late. If I had listened to that old fart at work when I was in my 20s and saved/invested that simple 10% I could possibly be retired now. Instead I spent in on toys that didn't last.

snowbear 10-12-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derby6 (Post 587601)
Yea typo, I meant IRA’s…
Funny, I think I agree with you about 99% of the time, but differ a little bit here. Definitely not entirely though.:grin:

You don't have to watch 'VERY closely and on a daily basis' to be a successful investor, because you have several stocks and are committed. Chad on the other hand is young, appears not be as patient, and doesn’t have the $$$ for several stocks to diversify himself. That’s completely understandable and normal; we were all young guns once…:grin4:

I see IRA’s & 401’s as Investment accounts. We’re probably just splitting hairs here; Potato Patato…lol:i3:

I agree whole heartedly with paying yourself first, but not sure a house falls in with the “stupid” list. I know it is considered a sort of liability, but it can be a great investment as well. Just like stocks or anything you have to do your homework, understand what you doing, and be thinking long term. I am in the process of buying a second house and am keeping my current house as a sort of investment.:drool::drive::rock:

ok, I should have explained the house thing a little better. Too many buy all they can afford. Borrow everything the bank will lend and pay the minimum down. If you want to build wealth live below your means. Buy less house, put more down. Sell it in 5-7 years. Use the equity to increase your down on the next house that is a little more than the last.

snowbear 10-12-2013 07:49 PM

There is a little book called "The Richest Man in Babylon". The rules it lays out for building wealth are very simple. I am sure there are other ways to save. This one worked for me.

907bob 10-13-2013 12:20 PM

I like Buccaneer for a penny stock

chadcmb 10-15-2013 03:17 PM

15% up from close today.
Did anyone even do some DD?
:con:

It's a new wireless WIFI system which can cover up to a square mile with around 5-7 units. As well as a a few other things.
They have patents.
Customers that have already bought thier product.
Changing their ticker symbol (ACYD was a bad company/name)

Wialan partnered with ACYD and now is going up up up. (IMHO)

Derby6 10-15-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadcmb (Post 587939)

Daily Driver?
Due Diligence?

chadcmb 10-15-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derby6 (Post 587942)
Daily Driver?
Due Diligence?

Due Diligence

chadcmb 10-15-2013 04:06 PM

http://investorshub.advfn.com/Americ...nc-ACYD-12684/

907bob 10-15-2013 08:53 PM

where did you hear about this company? whats up with the two jumps to about $80 in the end of 2008

Derby6 10-15-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadcmb (Post 587943)
Due Diligence

Thanks. Sometimed you got to spell it for slow older folks like me. lol
I think I'm still younger than a few on here though. Cough Cough SHACK. lol

acruxksa 10-16-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadcmb (Post 587939)
15% up from close today.

It's a new wireless WIFI system which can cover up to a square mile with around 5-7 units. As well as a a few other things.
They have patents.
Customers that have already bought thier product.
Changing their ticker symbol (ACYD was a bad company/name)

Wialan partnered with ACYD and now is going up up up. (IMHO)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadcmb (Post 587944)

From the link you posted the only thing really separating them from the competition is their software. Using 300-600mw radios is hardly revolutionary. I've got a 700mw engenius WiFi client clamped to the rail of my ship.

I'm not trying to talk you out of this investment but you should know everything they mentioned is available to other manufacturers. The geode processor, the ram, the 128 bit encrypted VPN, the 300-60mw radios etc. Their software may be different but software can be copied or imitated rather easily to work around patents.

You may still make money but unless they've got something more innovative than a 600mw radio w/ geode processor, 256mb ram and 128bit encrypted VPN they aren't going to be the next Cisco, Linksys, netgear or dlink.

You're essentially investing in this:
Quote:

For best efficiency our Spanning Tree Protocol ensures path redundancy while preventing undesirable loops

aka STP and sadly protocols and patents surrounding them are required to be licensed at a reasonable cost to all players in the game.
Cisco already seems to be using a protocol with the same name and characteristics http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/rout...nnningTree.pdf

They are also touting their "advanced" security, but you should know that the best security protocols are those that are open source because they are vetted by hundreds of thousands of security experts. Open source security protocols are available to everyone. This means that either they are using the best security measures and encryption methods, which is available to everyone for free or they are using a proprietary encryption which hasn't been vetted by anyone and is more likely to have vulnerabilities.

It may be worth the stock price just to see if it takes off, but I wouldn't put all my eggs into one basket. Who knows, Apple has made billions taking already available technology and software innovations, wrapping it up in a nice shiny package and telling everyone it's new and innovative. ;)

chadcmb 10-24-2013 12:09 PM

ACYD $.0501 I am up 9.57% now.
SBOTF $1.7786 I am up 61% now.
NTEK $.172 I am up 12.3% now.

Rdrash 10-24-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadcmb (Post 588589)
ACYD $.0501 I am up 9.57% now.
SBOTF $1.7786 I am up 61% now.
NTEK $.172 I am up 12.3% now.

Isn't it down like 50,000% from four years ago