Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > General Chit-Chat

General Chit-Chat Please keep this CLEAN, and FAMILY ORIENTED.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:37 AM   #26
central8-23
Registered Member

central8-23 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So what say you about the Supreme Courts ruling on Obamacare...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Destructo' View Post
Under the "Cadillac" tax provision, a single guy who gets a state job will be looking at an excise tax on their premiums of over $6k. per year. The state kicks something like $1300/mo for premiums.
Im a state worker and I was just wondering about that. The state does pay most of my premium and I pay like 200 a month. So will the IRS factor what I pay or what the employer pays?
central8-23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #27
Rdrash
Registered Member

Rdrash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by southcentralpirate View Post
So what about all those people who get into debt from mortgage and credit card bills and then declare backruptcy? with a job without a job? When a person shrugs off their credit bills because they can't afford it and the banks takes it as a loss the government takes it as a loss too in the form of uncollected taxes. bankruptcy from irresponsible expenses accounts for ___% of all bankruptcies in the United States.

The United States is already one of the biggest credit providers in the world when you consider foreign aid. So by adding a few trillion more dollars who ever is not currently using benefits helps pay for the system to work.
I like the fact that this statement also applies to the majority of people on some type of social welfare or in need of free healthcare you just need to take out the health care words and put in credit/mortgage

Hellz yeah free housing LCD TV's and Xbox for everyone! Living like a Dooshe bag is fundamental right not just a privilege!

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

“A liberal is a person whose interests aren't at stake at the moment”
Rdrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #28
southcentralpirate
Registered Member

southcentralpirate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdrash View Post
I like the fact that this statement also applies to the majority of people on some type of social welfare or in need of free healthcare you just need to take out the health care words and put in credit/mortgage

Hellz yeah free housing LCD TV's and Xbox for everyone! Living like a Dooshe bag is fundamental right not just a privilege!
Oh please not those talking points again.

Turn off the AM talk radio shows for a few and do some actual study of the problems in this country rather than repeating what is being fed to you.

Show me the poor lazy xbox playing freeloaders who put lobbied to deregulate the banking industry that lead to the collapse of the stock market and caused billions of dollars of economic damage.

Also show me how much welfare and foreign aid have added to the deficit in this country as compared to military and DOJ spending since the 1980s when "Conservatives" took control of government.

Obamacare taking your freedoms? Where the heck were the screams from freedom loving conservatives when the Patriot Act was passes? oh yeah I think they were cheers.

If you have nothing better to add to a conversation than what is repeated on the radio every day your just as much of a kool-aid drinking sheepe as the liberals you make fun of.
southcentralpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #29
Dr. Destructo'
Bilge rat

Dr. Destructo' is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by central8-23 View Post
Im a state worker and I was just wondering about that. The state does pay most of my premium and I pay like 200 a month. So will the IRS factor what I pay or what the employer pays?
They will be required to report the value of premiums paid on your W-2 form.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #30
southcentralpirate
Registered Member

Since I doubt you have ever bothered to look at the actual federal budget numbers based on your assumptions.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/...n_4080#usgs302

Its always easier to criticizing where you THINK your tax money is being spent based on what some partisan hack is telling you rather than reading for yourself.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:07 AM   #31
central8-23
Registered Member

So on top of the new taxes that I will have to pay after the bush tax breaks expire I have to pay a 6250 dollar tax just because I have what they call a "Cadilliac" plan.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:25 AM   #32
central8-23
Registered Member

Quote:
Since I doubt you have ever bothered to look at the actual federal budget numbers based on your assumptions.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/...n_4080#usgs302

Its always easier to criticizing where you THINK your tax money is being spent based on what some partisan hack is telling you rather than reading for yourself.
So this website show that health care already cost over 400 billion more then defense. Now the CBO is saying obama care is going to cost the goverment 1.4 trillion dollars over 10 years and 4 trillion over 20 years. So with the defense budget getting cut by 400 billion in 10 years, health care will cost 1 trillion more then defense. So AM radio is telling the truth.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:22 AM   #33
snowbear

snowbear will become famous soon enough

Sen. Reid goes to a local GM dealer in Washington , D.C. with the intention of buying a brand new vehicle. Harry looks around and finds a big expensive one he likes. After going back and forth with the salesman, Harry settles on a price of $85,000. Harry and the salesman go back to the office to complete the paperwork. Harry works out a 10-year payment plan, and signs on the bottom line.
The salesman shakes Harry's hand and says, "Thanks Senator Reid, the car will be ready for pickup in 4 years." Harry says, "What are you talking about? Where are the keys to my new car?"
The salesman replies, "No, you don't understand Senator. You make payments for 4 years.....THEN we give you the car. You know, just like your health plan."
Harry, with a choking voice, says to the salesman, "But that's not fair".

And I say without any doubt or embarrassment: NO ****, Sherlock !!!
Get with the program Harry !!!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #34
greenoval
Registered Member

greenoval has disabled reputation

Does anyone remember the reason we "had" to elect GWB was because he was in a position to nominate Supreme Court justices? Thanks a lot, Justice Roberts. Thanks for nothing, GWB.

It is also--
"... difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!" --Upton Sinclair
greenoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #35
Rdrash
Registered Member

Quote:

Turn off the AM talk radio shows for a few and do some actual study of the problems in this country rather than repeating what is being fed to you.

Show me the poor lazy xbox playing freeloaders who put lobbied to deregulate the banking industry that lead to the collapse of the stock market and caused billions of dollars of economic damage.

Also show me how much welfare and foreign aid have added to the deficit in this country as compared to military and DOJ spending since the 1980s when "Conservatives" took control of government.

Obamacare taking your freedoms? Where the heck were the screams from freedom loving conservatives when the Patriot Act was passes? oh yeah I think they were cheers.

If you have nothing better to add to a conversation than what is repeated on the radio every day your just as much of a kool-aid drinking sheepe as the liberals you make fun of.
Way to deflect and not address what we are talking about, i'll listen to and consider your opinion when you stop making stuff up

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #36
Rdrash
Registered Member

Quote:

Here I will do just what you did.

Obamacare taking your freedoms? Obamacare taking your freedoms? Where the heck were the screams from freedom loving conservatives when the Facebook switched to timeline? oh yeah I think they were cheers.

If you have nothing better to add to a conversation than what is repeated on the radio every day your just as much of a brown shirt wearing goose stepping hippy bashing **** hating war mongering bush loving palinista as the conservatives you make fun of

Old 07-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #37
southcentralpirate
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by central8-23 View Post
So this website show that health care already cost over 400 billion more then defense. Now the CBO is saying obama care is going to cost the goverment 1.4 trillion dollars over 10 years and 4 trillion over 20 years. So with the defense budget getting cut by 400 billion in 10 years, health care will cost 1 trillion more then defense. So AM radio is telling the truth.

The truth, but only part of it.

How much revenue is the new HC law going to be able to generate compared to not doing nothing? How much do you suppose it helps reduce costs?

How much value does each dollar spent contribute to the economy or to other aspects of living in this country?

I have yet to hear a credible solution from AM talk radio or the people who listen to it almost exclusivly for their "news and information" other than completely cut social programs, outlaw poor people from everything and force them to work for sub-minimum wage as a penance for being poor in the first place. Or another way to look at it they want America to become more like India or China that have almost no social programs whatsoever or any other minimum standards for living for its citizens.

Yeah, cutting social programs and HC is going to get this country back on track to its former glory. I agree it should it be managed better, but not everybody is going to be completely happy with it no matter how much is done.

It will be interesting to see how some of the states adopt HC. Vermont has already passed a single payer HC system and is petitioning the feds to allow them to implement it sooner than the new HC laws allows.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #38
southcentralpirate
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdrash View Post
Here I will do just what you did.

Obamacare taking your freedoms? Obamacare taking your freedoms? Where the heck were the screams from freedom loving conservatives when the Facebook switched to timeline? oh yeah I think they were cheers.

If you have nothing better to add to a conversation than what is repeated on the radio every day your just as much of a brown shirt wearing goose stepping hippy bashing **** hating war mongering bush loving palinista as the conservatives you make fun of

I like your use of cliches Got anything new I haven't heard yet?
Old 07-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #39
Alaska ZJ
I Can Break Anything

Alaska ZJ will become famous soon enough

Actually CJ Roberts probably did more to seal the fate of this Healthcare than anyone else.

You guys might want to think harder.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #40
Alaska ZJ
I Can Break Anything

Alaska ZJ will become famous soon enough

I have hated the patriot act for a LONG time...just sayin'
Old 07-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #41
wasillashack
Registered Member

wasillashack has disabled reputation

Parallel thread discussion at PFD
wasillashack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #42
Full83size
Registered Member

Full83size is on a distinguished road

So much of this is smoke in mirrors. The bottom line is this, if I tell the government that I don't want their "free healthcare" I am fined a penalty.... How in the H-E-double hockey sticks does that work????? Get out of my life government! My health is non of you freaking business!

What makes anyone think that this is going to be such a great program that's going to work and save the country?? Show me a government program that has been successful and actually done something to decrease our national debt and get get government regulation out of our lives?? Social security??? Yeah that worked out great... They bankrupted the stinking thing, anyone that wants to retire on social security that we have all paid thousands of dollars into is going to die hungry. It's nothing but more government regulation and intrusion into our lives that will do nothing but drive us further into bankruptcy...

*A Tree huggin, Boondockin adict...

-Babe the BLUE OX, 83' Chevrolet, tons and 45" AG's
http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=55894
Full83size is offline   Reply With Quote