Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > General Chit-Chat

General Chit-Chat Please keep this CLEAN, and FAMILY ORIENTED.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
Rocky
I dont break ****!

Rocky is on a distinguished road
Default Madei n China...

Last edited by Rocky; 01-08-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #2
Rocky
I dont break ****!

Rocky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Madei n China...

Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
Alaska ZJ
I Can Break Anything

Alaska ZJ will become famous soon enough

doesn't suprise me at all.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
JR2
Registered Member

JR2 is on a distinguished road

I think a Chinese company bought Hummer for GM... or was going to.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:59 PM   #5
southcentralpirate
Registered Member

southcentralpirate is on a distinguished road

Probably made from recycled US steel too
southcentralpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
Fix-It
Registered Member

Fix-It is on a distinguished road

bet it runs better than the 6.5 desiel we have ... the bigger windsheilds i bet are alot better view ..

i bet its made alot cheaper too lol .. wonder what motor and tranny they decided to use
Old 01-11-2010, 06:09 AM   #7
AK4wheeler
Registered Member

AK4wheeler is on a distinguished road

Well...it looks like more American money will be going to China since the military will probably buy this to replace the aging Hummer fleet. Yet another point why Chevy killed the Hummer line.

AK4wheeler
AK4wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:50 AM   #8
ChevyMan0784
Registered Member

ChevyMan0784 will become famous soon enough

Grill looks earily like that of a newer Toyota truck.... Call me crazy.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:39 AM   #9
00TJ
Hermann The German

00TJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK4wheeler View Post
Well...it looks like more American money will be going to China since the military will probably buy this to replace the aging Hummer fleet. Yet another point why Chevy killed the Hummer line.

AK4wheeler
I think military are gonna get away from Hummer concept and do something new?
Set the example in everything you do in your sport."Post Responsibly" "Ride Responsibly" "Camp Responsibly" "Drink Responsibly". Behave like EVERYONE in the world is watching and evaluating your actions. Have fun, yes. But realize we are threatened like never before. I've never seen so many closures and potential closures on the horizon. Please take heed and act now

By Del Albright,
00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #10
Strat
Registered Member

Strat is on a distinguished road

Representatives of China met with my brother's father in-law, a geologist, four days ago in Anchorage. They are scouting Alaska's mineral resources. They are most interested in gold, silver, and limestone.
Strat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:48 AM   #11
Logjam
Superchic

Logjam has disabled reputation

Lets face it, the US is now a toilet...like Europe. Asia (China, Korea, and Japan) is now and will forever be the world super powers. We have lost too much to get back to where we were in 1990. Korea has talent, Japan has manufacturing, and China has labor.

When North Korea falls and South Korea can use its natural resources, it will overcome Japan. (this makes Japan and China VERY scared, they support North Korea for this reason)

Singapore, Phillippeans, and Korea will produce hollywood movies.

Get used to it...
After seeing these tires I think that the 30 splines would get scared and go limp and not go in the housing! I think these tires have rockwells writen all over them!

www.brokenyoke.com
Logjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:57 AM   #12
Gazer
Semper Paratus

Gazer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logjam View Post
Lets face it, the US is now a toilet...like Europe. Asia (China, Korea, and Japan) is now and will forever be the world super powers. We have lost too much to get back to where we were in 1990. Korea has talent, Japan has manufacturing, and China has labor.

When North Korea falls and South Korea can use its natural resources, it will overcome Japan. (this makes Japan and China VERY scared, they support North Korea for this reason)

Singapore, Phillippeans, and Korea will produce hollywood movies.
Japan supports North Korea? I didn't know that. In which ways?

I have a hard time seeing Singapore with a hollywood type atmosphere. When we were there on a layover the OIC made sure to give us a strict talking to about the rules. Like don't spit on the sidewalk unless you want to get caned by the locals. Pretty strict place apparently, I won't be doing any vacationing there.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:02 AM   #13
NewbieFJ60
Registered Member

NewbieFJ60 is on a distinguished road

Japan supports north korea so much that they punch holes in the north korean navy and sinks them ... Japan worries alot about the very simple korean scud style missle launching systems

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123819923986362105.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/25/wo...a/25korea.html
NewbieFJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:17 AM   #14
ODDBALL
GRIND MASTER!

ODDBALL is on a distinguished road

When one sells out you come up short at some point. We want things. We need things. Im tired of seeing about every thing we own is made "NOT" in the U.S.A.!
Old 01-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #15
Logjam
Superchic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazer View Post
Japan supports North Korea? I didn't know that. In which ways?

Schools, remittances, allowing travel, etc. It is a very touchy situation over there.

North Korea hates japan far more than they hate the U.S.

Japan supports the DPRK to the extent that they don't want South Korea to control it. Most of my North Korean pop music was filmed in Japan. Any amount of support is too much...

Japan doesn't like DPRK. Japan doesn't like the idea of a powerful South Korea more. North Korea has SOOOOO many natural resources. If it were to be taken advantage of by South Korea...
After seeing these tires I think that the 30 splines would get scared and go limp and not go in the housing! I think these tires have rockwells writen all over them!

www.brokenyoke.com
Old 01-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #16
Logjam
Superchic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieFJ60 View Post
Japan supports north korea so much that they punch holes in the north korean navy and sinks them ... Japan worries alot about the very simple korean scud style missle launching systems

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123819923986362105.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/25/wo...a/25korea.html
Most of what we hear and read about North Korea is not correct.

There are interests in this country, in this current administration, to bend the facts to justify sanctions and military actions.

The last thing North Korea needs to ensure their security is a nuke, and everyone in the region knows it. They do not need a functioning nuke. It is US propaganda to act like this is something to be afraid of.

www.brokenyoke.com
Old 01-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #17
Gazer
Semper Paratus

Quote:

The last thing North Korea needs to ensure their security is a nuke, and everyone in the region knows it. They do not need a functioning nuke. It is US propaganda to act like this is something to be afraid of.
North Korea isn't something to fear? They are so closed off to the rest of the world that their economy sucks. If they had the means to produce a nuke, or several... you don't think they'd sell them to the highest bidder (like a bin laden type of wealthy terrorist) in order to profit and gain strength in other areas? After all, money is power.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #18
Gazer
Semper Paratus

Quote:
North Korea hates japan far more than they hate the U.S.

Japan supports the DPRK to the extent that they don't want South Korea to control it. Most of my North Korean pop music was filmed in Japan. Any amount of support is too much...

Japan doesn't like DPRK. Japan doesn't like the idea of a powerful South Korea more. North Korea has SOOOOO many natural resources. If it were to be taken advantage of by South Korea...
It's funny how NK hates other Countries but yet still accepts their assistance. I now see what you're saying about Japan. It's not that they really support NK but they're doing what best serves their own interest. Sort of an "enemy of my enemy, is my friend."

I wasn't aware NK was plentiful with natural resources. What kind of resources? I thought they were dirt poor... is it just that they can't take advantage of their resources due to the way they've cut themselves off from other productive countries?
Old 01-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #19
Logjam
Superchic

Quote:
North Korea isn't something to fear? They are so closed off to the rest of the world that their economy sucks. If they had the means to produce a nuke, or several... you don't think they'd sell them to the highest bidder (like a bin laden type of wealthy terrorist) in order to profit and gain strength in other areas? After all, money is power.
The nuke isn't something to fear. The only thing they've done is sold centrifuges to Pakistan delivered using jets that the US gave pakistan for the war on terror. India is watching all of this, because they care about Pakistan more than anyone else. I imagine it is very embarassing to Bush...

North Korea's GDP couldn't pay for the budget SHORTFALL of California.

There are plenty of other countries with rules far less rational, who have or have access to nukes. Those are the ones we should be worried of.

North Korea spends all of the money they have on their defense from South Korea (they call puppets of the US imperialist). Small arms and short range rockets are the only things they really need. North Korea's defense consists entirely of fear. They would NEVER win, but they would inflict serious damage on the biggest, most populated, and significant cities in the south.

I think in a war, they would send ~1,000,000 soldiers like lemmings into the south and send rockets at Japan.

www.brokenyoke.com
Old 01-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #20
Logjam
Superchic

Quote:
It's funny how NK hates other Countries but yet still accepts their assistance. I now see what you're saying about Japan. It's not that they really support NK but they're doing what best serves their own interest. Sort of an "enemy of my enemy, is my friend."

I wasn't aware NK was plentiful with natural resources. What kind of resources? I thought they were dirt poor... is it just that they can't take advantage of their resources due to the way they've cut themselves off from other productive countries?
They don't have any industry capable of extracting them. While a few nations support them, very few are brave enough to do large scale business with them. (due to pressure from US and South Korea).

Their resources are marine wild life and minerals. They also have a giant amount of unutilized realestate and a large labor force. Before the split, the north was where a lot of the manufacturing and industrial activities were. The south was where a lot of the agriculture was. Both were very poor off for a long time because without each other neither was strong or prosperous.

When the USSR collapsed and NK lost their source of food, over 2.3 million people died of starvation. People still starve over there. A ration is 100g of rice...

It is so dirt poor that the capital city experiences regular power outages. Relief agencies, when allowed in, bring Honda generators to provide light during surgery.

Since there is only one government TV and radio station, people think that the rest of the world lives like this. If life isn't any better elsewhere, why complain or revolt? When you tell someone in North Korea about freedom or the US, it would be like me telling you that Brazil doesn't exist. That Brazil is a lie, and that there aren't any people living there. These people are indoctrinated and brain washed... Only the rulling class and rich people (which there are some) are allowed to travel. They know everything, but they are well off, comfortable, and happy. They are a king in their land. When you are on the top (US Congress, House, President, etc) you don't care about the other "little" people...

www.brokenyoke.com
Old 01-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #21
NewbieFJ60
Registered Member

NewbieFJ60 is on a distinguished road

grant . you werent in country when the spy sub landed and the entire penninsula went nuts trying to find the 12 guys from the north on a spying mission who all ended up dead ... It was Rueters and the UPI that reported the sinking ... I'll ask you this ... when was the last time you stepped foot in south korea ?

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE52O4OC20090326

http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/19...15.sc6279.html

and here is the article on the sub that ran aground when I was in country

http://timelines.com/1996/9/18/north...49-day-manhunt

Last edited by NewbieFJ60; 01-12-2010 at 04:49 PM.
NewbieFJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #22
Logjam
Superchic

What is your point?

The idea that there aren't North Koreans otherwise in South Korea is silly. Both sides have spies. They freaked out last time they had the nuke test too. Don't get me wrong, I understand that it is the most guarded border on the planet and the atmosphere has been VERY tense for decades...but, and here I go with a liberal hippie term, I think North Korea is a rational actor.

And you know what? Most South Korean citizens that I talk to still think the U.S. is a more dangerous place to live. (Only people who speak very little English and who have never been to the US think that.)

I know more about North Korea's history, culture, and current society than ANY of the South Korean people I know. I was totally surprised. These are pretty highly educated people with good jobs. The thing that surprised me the most is that they beg me to sing a North Korean pop song. Apparently I do it "just like they do". I think its easier for an American to speak with a Pyeongyang accent than Seoul... I am always embarassed afterwards...

What also surprises me is the disrespect or distaste some express towards North Korean music. Only one has admitted to me that it is out of predjiduce.

There is a checkpoint where they have a North Korean products gift shop in South Korea. I think most of the stuff was made in China. The lady running the shop was very surprised when I wanted to know if they had any Ri Kyeongsuk music. Only on tape.

I think it would be fun to visit North Korea. It is the most ethnically and culturally homogenous country on the planet. But, I have been warned by my business associates that it would be...bad for business.

www.brokenyoke.com
Old 01-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #23
Gazer
Semper Paratus

Quote:
The lady running the shop was very surprised when I wanted to know if they had any Ri Kyeongsuk music. Only on tape.

I think it would be fun to visit North Korea. It is the most ethnically and culturally homogenous country on the planet. But, I have been warned by my business associates that it would be...bad for business.
Only on tape? They still use cassettes over there? Tell that lady to get with the times... you know you're doing something wrong when 10 year old Iraqi boys have better technology than you do lol. Oh the wonderful haji dvd's with their shaky camera work and people walking in front of the camcorder. I guess you can't expect much for $3.

Bad for business? Yeah that would be putting it mildly since you may never come back lol. What do you do for a living? Are the guy that checks metal structures? For like cracks in airplanes or something? Maybe that's someone else I can't remember.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:49 PM   #24
Josh
Registered Member

Josh is on a distinguished road

If I remember right his company has some pretty intense DOD contracts.
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:22 PM   #25
nate
Registered Member

nate will become famous soon enough

I think they should start out working on a good sewer system and tap water you can drink before worrying about cassette tapes!

Quote:
Only on tape? They still use cassettes over there? Tell that lady to get with the times... you know you're doing something wrong when 10 year old Iraqi boys have better technology than you do lol. Oh the wonderful haji dvd's with their shaky camera work and people walking in front of the camcorder. I guess you can't expect much for $3.

Bad for business? Yeah that would be putting it mildly since you may never come back lol. What do you do for a living? Are the guy that checks metal structures? For like cracks in airplanes or something? Maybe that's someone else I can't remember.

"The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments." - George Washington
nate is offline   Reply With Quote