Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > 4x4 Vehicle (car, truck, etc)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2005, 07:24 AM   #51
AK ORD
Ak Off-Road Development
 
AK ORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 724
AK ORD is on a distinguished road
Default

Welcome Chris
AK ORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:37 AM   #52
neonshark
Registered Member
 
neonshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 51
neonshark is on a distinguished road
Default

Thought I would introduce myself. My names Mike and I drive a Patriot Blue Rubicon on 35s with a 5" lift. Last year was my first year in the 4X4 community. Only took two runs last year. One back in October with dman357, AK-Cruiser, and some other folks to the Knik glacier. and the other was maybe Sept. to Coyote Lake with Nate and ODDBALL. Had a blast both times. Haven't done much since then except add a few mods. Had to get some things before I made any serious runs in the winter. My little boy loves to go wheelin' so I can't disappoint him any longer!! Lookin' forward to gettin' together again with you folks to do some runs!! ODDBALL is helping me out this weekend with some new lighting for the rig so that I can see in the dark :devil4:

Last edited by neonshark; 01-21-2005 at 10:39 AM.
neonshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:47 AM   #53
dman357
Let it SNOW!
 
dman357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 3,634
dman357 is on a distinguished road
Default

Welcome
__________________
Jeep >>>>> Just Empty Every Pocket
dman357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 01:15 PM   #54
Grandcherokee41
Registered Member
 
Grandcherokee41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Central Michigan (Eaton Rapids)
Posts: 70
Grandcherokee41 is on a distinguished road
Default Hello

hello from michigan......I visited Alaska back in July and was lucky enough to have a few peeps take me out on a few runs.. ( Thanks Oddball) anyways.I look forward to visiting again....next time bringing my Jeeps if at all possible .. it's nice to keep up on what other states are up too.especially a beautiful state like Alaska !

Karen
Grandcherokee41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 01:50 PM   #55
AKBearMoose
JK WK F350 F150
 
AKBearMoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Matanuska-Susitna Borough, Alaska
Posts: 14,316
AKBearMoose is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi Karen glad to see you make the jump to this board as well! Now get your stuff packed up & Move...LOL You know you want to....
__________________

Help me...I caught the Jeep thing!


( ||||||| )
o _________ o
\__o__o__/


AKBearMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:11 PM   #56
Professor
Registered Member
 
Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Shreveport Louisiana
Posts: 24
Professor is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hey boys and girls.....Just jumping in and giving an intro. Bone dog stock Rubicon (my third short wheelbase jeep) with some serious clearance issues as my bent skid plates will attest. My 10 year old son and I are planning a road trip up to your beautiful land from the bayous of Louisiana the summer of '06 and we are driving the Jeep. 12,000 miles and 8 weeks of round trip. Guess we better pack two tooth brushes.....We intend to run the rockies up and catch the coast on the way back. My fartherest trip north was to Calagary on two wheels in my wilder days, and my son has only been to Colorado as his northern most trip. Wish us luck!

We would love to do some fishing, wheeling, hiking, and just some general goofing off. We intend to run up to cold foot, well, just for the heck of it.
Any ideas on what to do and what to bring?

You guys seem to have a tight crew....kinda like ours. Check us out sometime at bayoujeepersoffroad.com.

Have a happy Mardi Gras..................

Last edited by Professor; 01-21-2005 at 07:18 PM.
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 01:06 AM   #57
burnt orange
Registered Member
 
burnt orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Elmendorf
Posts: 8
burnt orange is on a distinguished road
Default

Hello, my name is Dane. I finally decided to register. I met some of you last fall when I attended the picnic/softball game with blueyota. We made it back from our winter trip to the ROK (Republic of Korea). Looking forward to some trips this year, hopefully all in AK. Oh yeah, I have a stock 02 X, looking to change the stock part!
burnt orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 09:24 AM   #58
OneTonCJ
Full Member
 
OneTonCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wasilla, Alaska
Posts: 1,721
OneTonCJ is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Hey boys and girls.....Just jumping in and giving an intro. Bone dog stock Rubicon (my third short wheelbase jeep) with some serious clearance issues as my bent skid plates will attest. My 10 year old son and I are planning a road trip up to your beautiful land from the bayous of Louisiana the summer of '06 and we are driving the Jeep. 12,000 miles and 8 weeks of round trip. Guess we better pack two tooth brushes.....We intend to run the rockies up and catch the coast on the way back. My fartherest trip north was to Calagary on two wheels in my wilder days, and my son has only been to Colorado as his northern most trip. Wish us luck!

We would love to do some fishing, wheeling, hiking, and just some general goofing off. We intend to run up to cold foot, well, just for the heck of it.
Any ideas on what to do and what to bring?

You guys seem to have a tight crew....kinda like ours. Check us out sometime at bayoujeepersoffroad.com.

Have a happy Mardi Gras..................
Coldfoot! I have worked up there in that area several times. Only thing you have to watch out for is the tractor trailers on the Haul Road. They do not like slowing down for tourist. But, you will see views from the Haul Road that you will never see any where else in the lower 48.... Hope you make it up here, and check out the state. Get the steak sandwich at the Slate Creek Inn. (Thats the only place to eat in Coldfoot)
__________________
'98 UTE Brute
OneTonCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 09:32 AM   #59
dirt
Banned
 
dirt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in my house
Posts: 1,375
dirt is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Hey boys and girls.....Just jumping in and giving an intro. Bone dog stock Rubicon (my third short wheelbase jeep) with some serious clearance issues as my bent skid plates will attest. My 10 year old son and I are planning a road trip up to your beautiful land from the bayous of Louisiana the summer of '06 and we are driving the Jeep. 12,000 miles and 8 weeks of round trip. Guess we better pack two tooth brushes.....We intend to run the rockies up and catch the coast on the way back. My fartherest trip north was to Calagary on two wheels in my wilder days, and my son has only been to Colorado as his northern most trip. Wish us luck!

We would love to do some fishing, wheeling, hiking, and just some general goofing off. We intend to run up to cold foot, well, just for the heck of it.
Any ideas on what to do and what to bring?

You guys seem to have a tight crew....kinda like ours. Check us out sometime at bayoujeepersoffroad.com.

Have a happy Mardi Gras..................
Welcome to our lil home. I originally came from Louisiana, spending time around Baton Rouge, Alexandria, and lastly Ruston. Things around here are a bit different than what I'm sure y'all are used to, but well worth the visit. Too bad I won't still be here by the time you get here.
dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:38 AM   #60
brokesolid
Registered Member
 
brokesolid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Falling Waters, WV
Posts: 397
brokesolid is on a distinguished road
Default

Figured I would say hi. I'm pretty new to this board but I work with nate and 74k5 and met a bunch of you guys on the knik camping trip. I've already made a couple of posts but figured I should say hello to everyone I don't know and that doesn't know me. ~brooks
__________________

1989 Toyota 4runner, SAS, Locked, 4.88, exo, bobbed, 4.7:1 ready to crawl.
1977 International Scout II(P7100 4BT cummins, G360, NP205. finally started)
brokesolid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:03 PM   #61
kbeefy
Registered Member
 
kbeefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: here and there
Posts: 4,552
kbeefy is on a distinguished road
Default checkin' in

Howdy folks-

Thought I'd drop a line here since I just found this particular board. Some of you know me, most probably don't. I've been away from 4x in alaska for a few years due to work and family, but hopefully this summer will change that. I've really been getting the itch to get back out there and churn up some mud. Theres quite a little community going here I see, hopefully helps with orginizing some trail buddies and the sort. For those who don't know me I wheel a 83 (I think) CJ-7 and drive a 99 F-350. Been wheelin since mid-nineties mainly in jeeps but have had a few fullsizes as well.

So, hope to see y'all out there!
kbeefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:18 PM   #62
OneTonCJ
Full Member
 
OneTonCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wasilla, Alaska
Posts: 1,721
OneTonCJ is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeefy
Howdy folks-

Thought I'd drop a line here since I just found this particular board. Some of you know me, most probably don't. I've been away from 4x in alaska for a few years due to work and family, but hopefully this summer will change that. I've really been getting the itch to get back out there and churn up some mud. Theres quite a little community going here I see, hopefully helps with orginizing some trail buddies and the sort. For those who don't know me I wheel a 83 (I think) CJ-7 and drive a 99 F-350. Been wheelin since mid-nineties mainly in jeeps but have had a few fullsizes as well.

So, hope to see y'all out there!
Ken! Great to see you on the board! And glad to see you still own the 7!!!!!!
__________________
'98 UTE Brute
OneTonCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 06:45 AM   #63
kbeefy
Registered Member
 
kbeefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: here and there
Posts: 4,552
kbeefy is on a distinguished road
Default

thanks, this is frank, right?

Gonna try to get out more this summer... been slackin on the 4x scene lately.
kbeefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:39 PM   #64
DirtofAK
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 283
DirtofAK is on a distinguished road
Default

I guess it is time to check in.

I live in Anchorage, married with 2 kids, retired AF (F-15 avionics). I grew up wheeling in Colorado in the mountains above Loveland. I have built several Jeeps, a couple Ford trucks, and off road cars (buggies). I enjoy getting out and exploring, camping, recreational mining and I usually carry a rod for a little fishing.

My current project is a 95 Toyota, reg cab, V6. After a rollover, it needed a bit of a facelift. I have swapped over a cab, bought new fenders and am bobbing the bed 8" (a lot of work and too much welding if you ask me, hopefully it will look good). I need to build some bumpers (front winch), a headache rack to carry my canoe and get a set of nerf bars on it too. One small step above a mall runner.

Take care,
Mike
DirtofAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 01:00 PM   #65
OneTonCJ
Full Member
 
OneTonCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wasilla, Alaska
Posts: 1,721
OneTonCJ is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeefy
thanks, this is frank, right?

Gonna try to get out more this summer... been slackin on the 4x scene lately.

Yep. Sure is. PM me your number. We want to get out with you some this summer. I still say the funnest run that I myself have ever done was the night run up to Hatcher we did with you, and Jason Cloud. And Ed and nick showed up later on that night. That was awesome! We should do the same trip this year!
__________________
'98 UTE Brute
OneTonCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 02:10 PM   #66
samwe
Registered Member
 
samwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Eagle River, Ak
Posts: 2,815
samwe is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeep74
Hello all,

My name is Brandon and I'm 18 and a Senior at Ferndale High School.
My parents graduated from Ferndale.
I have family in Custer, on Willeys Lake road.
samwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:37 PM   #67
DNGRRNGR
Banned
 
DNGRRNGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Back in Alaska
Posts: 1,870
DNGRRNGR is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeefy
Howdy folks-

Thought I'd drop a line here since I just found this particular board. Some of you know me, most probably don't. I've been away from 4x in alaska for a few years due to work and family, but hopefully this summer will change that. I've really been getting the itch to get back out there and churn up some mud. Theres quite a little community going here I see, hopefully helps with orginizing some trail buddies and the sort. For those who don't know me I wheel a 83 (I think) CJ-7 and drive a 99 F-350. Been wheelin since mid-nineties mainly in jeeps but have had a few fullsizes as well.

So, hope to see y'all out there!
Ken, glad you made it over to this board buddy......... I'm gonna have to get in touch with you next time i'm in town get some wheeling in. Glad you kept the CJ....... catch ya later man.
-Jon
DNGRRNGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 04:26 PM   #68
nate
Registered Member
 
nate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Palmer, AK
Posts: 9,029
nate will become famous soon enough
Default

Which Nate... me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonshark
Only took two runs last year. One back in October with dman357, AK-Cruiser, and some other folks to the Knik glacier. and the other was maybe Sept. to Coyote Lake with Nate and ODDBALL.
__________________
"If you shoot straight and tell it like it is, you will never have to worry over what you lied about yesterday" John Wayne
I can weld anything from the crack of dawn to a broken heart.

"The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments." - George Washington
nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 07:31 PM   #69
OneTonCJ
Full Member
 
OneTonCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wasilla, Alaska
Posts: 1,721
OneTonCJ is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNGRRNGR
Ken, glad you made it over to this board buddy......... I'm gonna have to get in touch with you next time i'm in town get some wheeling in. Glad you kept the CJ....... catch ya later man.
-Jon

Thats right, you were on that run also. Just remembered that! You remember that run? Ed, Curtis, Ken, Nick, Our black CJ-5, The treasurer of the Old Alaska Extreme Four Wheelers, Jason.... We should try and do that run again! Oh, and also the guy with the 350 in the yellow FJ-40...
__________________
'98 UTE Brute
OneTonCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 07:37 PM   #70
kbeefy
Registered Member
 
kbeefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: here and there
Posts: 4,552
kbeefy is on a distinguished road
Default

howdy Jon, I see you've still got the ranger. Seems to have changed a bit since the last time I saw it!
EDIT: I just noticed your location... I saw a ranger that I thought looked just like yours when I was in fairbanks last summer, discounted it as I didn't know you were posted at Wainwright. I was working out of wainwright for almost a month last summer on the fires up there, our helibase was basically across the street from some barraks where I often saw the truck that looked like yours! That sucks that I was right there sitting around for so long and knew someone so close!! Darn!

Frank - That was a good run, I think that maybe your recolection is a bit skewed as your prior 4-wheelin experiences were mostly comprised baldy runs with lightly modified vehicles... (no lockers, no winches) now that you've seen the light, so to speak, I think that run would be much less exciting. I like a small group of good friends though, regardless of the technicality of the trail.

Last edited by kbeefy; 01-28-2005 at 07:43 PM.
kbeefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 10:29 PM   #71
OneTonCJ
Full Member
 
OneTonCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wasilla, Alaska
Posts: 1,721
OneTonCJ is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeefy

Frank - That was a good run, I think that maybe your recolection is a bit skewed as your prior 4-wheelin experiences were mostly comprised baldy runs with lightly modified vehicles... (no lockers, no winches) now that you've seen the light, so to speak, I think that run would be much less exciting. I like a small group of good friends though, regardless of the technicality of the trail.

Cant beat Baldy still The Jeep has seen a lot of changes. But, was never wheeled without a winch Now Coles Chevy... Its went from what you seen at Hatchers.... To this...
__________________
'98 UTE Brute
OneTonCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 10:37 PM   #72
DNGRRNGR
Banned
 
DNGRRNGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Back in Alaska
Posts: 1,870
DNGRRNGR is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeefy
howdy Jon, I see you've still got the ranger. Seems to have changed a bit since the last time I saw it!
EDIT: I just noticed your location... I saw a ranger that I thought looked just like yours when I was in fairbanks last summer, discounted it as I didn't know you were posted at Wainwright. I was working out of wainwright for almost a month last summer on the fires up there, our helibase was basically across the street from some barraks where I often saw the truck that looked like yours! That sucks that I was right there sitting around for so long and knew someone so close!! Darn!
should have left me a note Ken, I would think all the Alaska Extreme stickers and the Northern 4x4 sticker on the bug shield would have clued you in!!!! Yea those are my barracks accross from the smoke jumpers, explains why you saw my truck all the time....... man really wish you would have left a note buddy, would have taken you out for a beer. If your ever up this way again, drop me a line....
DNGRRNGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 11:06 PM   #73
72FJ40
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 42
72FJ40 is on a distinguished road
Default Hello

hello i guess its time i stood up and let you know a little about myself i'm long winded but i'll try to keep it short my name is Edy Burrow i've been in Alaska since 1974 and have no plans on leaving till god calls some of you may already know me some have no doubt fliped me off as i blew by but hello just the same glad to see a board with so much info just hope you can tolorate my inputs i just bought another toy a 72 fj40,350cid/400turbo,33's with a sidewinder winch nothing spectaculer but give me time and i'll try to keep up with the big boys,i was informed about this board by georgia [boy with a girls name] just giving you a hard time James....anyway looking forward to meeting a few more of you in person... and Nate good work on the knik river videos i thought you did a good job and if they want music do a video of how to turn on a radio...........? see me later..Edy
72FJ40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:44 AM   #74
kbeefy
Registered Member
 
kbeefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: here and there
Posts: 4,552
kbeefy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNGRRNGR
man really wish you would have left a note buddy, would have taken you out for a beer. If your ever up this way again, drop me a line....

Will do, who knows what next summer will bring. I spent more than one evening at Pikes landing, and some hole by beaver sports. And of course Kodiak Jacks.


Cole - I was reading through your site earlier tonight, man... your jeep is awesome! I often toy with the idea of building a dedicated wheeler w/ 4-link, but then a writeup like yours reminds me of how much work is really involved and I regain my senses!! The amount of metal that was made by Jeep is dwindiling to nothing on that beast, soon you'll be able to fit the factory parts in your back pocket!

anyways, I'm jeleous of the time and devotion you and your family have devoted to the sport, I hope it's not overlooked by anyone. Tell Cole and Joey I said Hi, and hopefully see y'all this summer on the trails!
kbeefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 09:29 AM   #75
OneTonCJ
Full Member
 
OneTonCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wasilla, Alaska
Posts: 1,721
OneTonCJ is on a distinguished road
Default

Ken,

Hey we have a shop now Bring your Jeep out and lets get to work Thanks for the compliments. People always look at the money part in a rig. But there is way more time, and work than money... I just want to be able to use it this year. Last year was a sucky year for us wheeling. Work took over... I will tell Cole, and Joey hey for yah. We have a club run the 12th of Feb. You should try to come. With the Jeep If the Jeep isnt ready you could ride with Cole or something.
__________________
'98 UTE Brute
OneTonCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 06:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Alaska 4x4 Network