Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > 4x4 Vehicle (car, truck, etc)

Old 03-14-2005, 04:43 PM   #101
jpsfri

jpsfri is on a distinguished road
Default fresh meat

hello everybody,
mine name is Ben, i have been in alaska for almost a year now. i love it. my wife and i moved up from utah last may. i am originally from vegas and she is from portland. we own a black 98 xj w/ 6.5" and 33"s , and a 98 dodge cummins w/ 35"s. i am looking forward to having fun this summer as i almost have the kinks worked out of the xj. i hope to be able to meet the group and have a good time.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:03 PM   #102
Gvus
Registered Member

Gvus is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Ya... I'm new.

Well all i just wanted to say hi to everyone.....Where to start well I've got a 2000 regular cab Taco sittin on 33" BFG KM's, custom winch bumper (Built by Mike @ Autokrafters), warn m8000, some lights, a c.b., and alot of other mods. and thats about it... glad to be here and meet everyone.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:26 PM   #103
Joshua
Registered Member

Joshua is on a distinguished road

welcome... as soon as you weed through all the BS there is always some good information on here..
Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 05:28 PM   #104
offroadhero
Registered Member

offroadhero is on a distinguished road

Hi I'm new. I spend 3 summers in Fairbanks when I was a kid. Have not been up there since. Would like to but it's a long drive from South Carolina. I've been reading our post for almost a year and I think you all are a good group of people
Old 03-23-2005, 08:52 AM   #105
Jomama
Registered Member

Jomama is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Newb to board saying hey..

Ola folks, just saying hey..

Long time cruiserphile here.. Wheeled a Fj40 in Utah thru college untill limited finances were my undoing with keeping her running...

Took a few years to get another cruiser, although I'm not really wheeling this one yet...

[IMG]xxx[/IMG] Hmm tried to post a pic of my rig hosted on my ftp but couldnt get it to show..

Cheers!

J.

Last edited by Jomama; 03-23-2005 at 09:36 AM.
Jomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:47 PM   #106
sledneck

sledneck is on a distinguished road

welcome all!
sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:21 AM   #107
windmill
Registered Member

windmill is on a distinguished road
Default Farm boy

Hi guys I'm new to this board I came from brooks old one. I will try to post more
on this one . It should be a little easer now since I'm working on my truck again
and have a camera now. Just need to learn the computer thing now.

My truck is a chevy 75 K20 . Engine 472 BBC 585 HP Trans Turbo 400 built to last
behind this engine and a 205 Tcase.
Axles are 14FF with 5.13 disk brakes and a SPOOL (yes they make one for this axle)
D60 front 5.13 and a true track high steer and Xover steering
truck has 6" springs and 3" aluminm body lift
tires are 18.4 -16.1 R1 firestones (see tires on the freak)
I already have everything except the rims and the steering stuff. It just isn't in the
truck yet.

I live on a farm in Palmer with my wife and two kids. They all love the outdoors.
Luke my stepson is 13 and has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and is in a power
wheel chair . I have a circle track chair I put him when we go 4x4ing.
Photos and posts will follow with time.
windmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:33 AM   #108
smolt
Registered Member

smolt is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

Another newbie here. Not a hard-core wheeler. Presently doing some basic upgrades to my gen.1 Ranger pickup--lower gears, axle rebuild/swap, suspension upgrades. Nice board. When I'm logged in here I spend most of my time just reading; especially the tech threads. Good stuff. Thanks to all who participate in bringing this forum to the 'wheeling community.

d
smolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:16 PM   #109
bigsub
Been there, done that.

bigsub is on a distinguished road
Default Better late than never

Hello all! I registered on the board last month and am just now getting around to introducing myself. I'm Brian. I have a wife, three children (only one still at home), a dog, and a cat. I drive a lt blue '90 Suburban, 4" lift w/ QR78/16 Buckshot Mudders. A family size rig that takes 1/2 of the family budget to keep on the road (and off the road). LOL. I used to wheel in AK about 15 years ago before moving to the states. Glad to be be back and look forward to getting reaquainted with the 4X4 community. I met some of you at Knik last month and had a good time. This is a great forum and I have already purchased something from the classifieds.

Thanks!
Brian MItchell
bigsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:54 PM   #110
Rescue
Registered Member

Rescue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Another newbie here. Not a hard-core wheeler. Presently doing some basic upgrades to my gen.1 Ranger pickup--lower gears, axle rebuild/swap, suspension upgrades
Sounds sweet.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:42 PM   #111
redneckangel
Registered Member

redneckangel is on a distinguished road
Default Yet another newbie

Howdy all, I am Cindy, I is just a redneck from MT and I am O so new to all this 4x4 n . But am learnin at a rapid pace ( I think) I have yet to get my own ride so must settle on bein a copilot for now. But only for a while.
I went on my first trip April 16, rode as Gvus's navigator. Wow, was it a blast. Did a lot of mud slingin back home on the ranch, but this trip way topped any of that, sept maybe the cow tippin (LOL) Eveyone out there was so cool ya'll just let me hang out like I had been there before. Thanks.
Hope to see ya all out on the trail again real soon.
redneckangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:41 PM   #112
bgreen776
I'm on Team People

bgreen776 will become famous soon enoughbgreen776 will become famous soon enough

Welcome!
bgreen776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:47 PM   #113
Dr. Destructo'
Bilge rat

Dr. Destructo' is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smolt
Hi all,

Another newbie here. Not a hard-core wheeler. Presently doing some basic upgrades to my gen.1 Ranger pickup--lower gears, axle rebuild/swap, suspension upgrades. Nice board. When I'm logged in here I spend most of my time just reading; especially the tech threads. Good stuff. Thanks to all who participate in bringing this forum to the 'wheeling community.

d
Don't sweat it...Too many jump strait to the hardcore stuff and don't have the experience they should have. Sounds like you have a good start. Good to see more Fords

Hello to all and welcome aboard!
Old 04-25-2005, 10:00 PM   #114
AK-Edge
Registered Member

AK-Edge is on a distinguished road

Well, my name is Josh. Im from Anchorage and last fall I finally got a vehicle that might have some off-road potential. A 1995 Ford Bronco, its all white and is pretty much stock except for a few aesthetic mods that were on it when I got it. Sometime kind of early this summer I am hoping to get a 4" lift with 35" tires and a bumper spacer thing so I can fit the tires under there. Maybe Ill see you all out on the trails this summer.
AK-Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:45 PM   #115
wolfheartak
Registered Member

wolfheartak is on a distinguished road

Hey all, just came back to Alaska after 3 years in California. Hope to get out on some of the trails around here since I never went before I left. I've got a 00 XJ with a few mods (nothing too exciting) but it's done good for me so far, and went everywhere I wanted to go, and some places I didn't. Hope to see you all out on a trail soon!

-Marisha
Old 04-27-2005, 07:28 AM   #116
Jez
Registered Member

Jez is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Morning all :-)

Thought I'd say hello from the wet side of the world, we dont build with the same toys you guys do - we do it a little differently but the end results are pretty similar. Im always looking to blag info and build techniques for the constant struggle to build a better car than the last one and you guys build some pretty impressive cars :-)

My old bus is a lifted 1978 2 door Range Rover classic with a 100" wheelbase minus 18" from the rear and 4 inches from the front runnning an Isuzu turbo diesel through an armoured personnel carrier 4 speed auto trans, ARBs front and back, 36inch Simexs, front and rear Type R hydraulic winches on plasma, GBR halfshafts and CW&Ps, Allisport intercoolers, 3.1 IHI turbo, WVA compressor bla bla bla

Cheers

Jez
Jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 07:32 AM   #117
dman357
Let it SNOW!

dman357 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the board everyone.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:44 AM   #118
AK ORD
Ak Off-Road Development

AK ORD is on a distinguished road

Welcome,
Jez where are you from originally?
1979 FSJ Cherokee. AMC 360, Edelbrock Intake, Holley Truck Avenger Carb, Hooker Headers, Flow Kooler Hi flow water pump, Flex-a-lite electric fan, TH400/D20 (twin stick), SOA, 7" custom lift, Rancho RS5000, D44 Front 4.89s, (Lock-Rite) Parts Mike High Steer Knuckles, Crossover Steering, Rear D-44 4.89s (Spool), 4" Drop Pitman Arm, 37x13x15 Boggers.

2 Broke 2 Play
AK ORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 02:43 PM   #119
Jez
Registered Member

Im English, my dad was an RAF pilot so we moved around the world a bit but always came back to the UK- my wife is from Slovakia so thats our other home - the Hungarian bit is from our little 4x4 shop

I gotta admit Im in awe of your countryside - it looks epic! We are finishing the car for a competition in Russia for next month but Im planning on doing the Bone road to Alaska next spring :-)
Old 04-27-2005, 02:59 PM   #120
dman357
Let it SNOW!

Bone road or do you mean haul road. Otherwise the Dalton Highway.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:07 PM   #121
00TJ
Hermann The German

00TJ is on a distinguished road

Welcome folks.....Jez let us see some wheelng pics from your side of the world?
Set the example in everything you do in your sport."Post Responsibly" "Ride Responsibly" "Camp Responsibly" "Drink Responsibly". Behave like EVERYONE in the world is watching and evaluating your actions. Have fun, yes. But realize we are threatened like never before. I've never seen so many closures and potential closures on the horizon. Please take heed and act now

By Del Albright,
00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:38 AM   #122
Jez
Registered Member

This was funny - take a Brabus 500 G Merc (£60k ish or $114,000) and come out a play with us in the snow - not too bright

this is the old bus - she was modded for travelling and went everywhere - double bed in the back, blown air heating, underfloor storage

this is the new wagon in build

almost done!

:-)
Old 04-28-2005, 06:41 AM   #123
AK ORD
Ak Off-Road Development

AK ORD is on a distinguished road

Would be nice to see some wheeling pics from Slovakia, grandparents are from there.
1979 FSJ Cherokee. AMC 360, Edelbrock Intake, Holley Truck Avenger Carb, Hooker Headers, Flow Kooler Hi flow water pump, Flex-a-lite electric fan, TH400/D20 (twin stick), SOA, 7" custom lift, Rancho RS5000, D44 Front 4.89s, (Lock-Rite) Parts Mike High Steer Knuckles, Crossover Steering, Rear D-44 4.89s (Spool), 4" Drop Pitman Arm, 37x13x15 Boggers.

2 Broke 2 Play
AK ORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:59 AM   #124
dman357
Let it SNOW!

Nice.
Chicks with welders rock!!!!!!!!! Nice vehicles too.

I was stationed in Germany for a collective total of 8 years. 6 years in Stuttgart and 2 in Darmstadt. I made it up to London once. Nice place. My friends wife is from Budapest. I was going to make a trip to Budapest to visit them but the War popped up and I was unable to make it. Would have been a great trip.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:02 PM   #125
NSW Sparky
Registered Member

NSW Sparky is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone, My name is Chad I live in central MN, I would say I am a little crazy. (the smart crazy) I wheel an 2.8L 86 cherokee on 3 inches and a rear locker. it was my DD up untill last Oct. I also drove it the 1200 miles to Moab for EJS and back this year. Now its out of commision blown T 904 Here is a pic.
I want to visit alaska some day. I know of somone who lives 40 miles north of Nome but she is an Anti-tecnogily person.

Here is my photo page check it out.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v47/NSW_Sparky/
NSW Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote