Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > 4x4 Vehicle (car, truck, etc) > Build-up Threads

Build-up Threads Long term build up threads only please. This forum will be very heavily moderated. If you have a question about content, pm Logjam before posting it.

Old 06-11-2017, 07:49 PM   #1
ChevyMan0784
Registered Member

ChevyMan0784 will become famous soon enough
Default 2013 1 Ton JKUR

So. Long story short, I bought a 2013 JKUR, 6 speed manual last year. It looked like this the day I picked it up:

Now it looks like this:

Next few replies, I'll explain what all happened and I did to it.

Currently, it is sitting on Metal Cloak mid arms up front and short arms out back. Metal Cloak 5.5" dual rate coils, and front track bar. Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks. Synergy front tie rod, drag link, and rear track bar. Metal Cloak rear frame side control arm drop brackets. MoPar Ultimate D60's, with a Eaton E Lockers and 5.38 gears. Synergy front track bar with mount for the PSC hydro assist. Adam's Driveshafts (all Spicer, 1350 sealed). I think that rounds out most of the suspension.

Front bumper is JCR, rear is a Poison Spyder Rock brawler. AEV snorkel, ARB dual air compressor. Centerforce dual friction clutch. 17" steel wheels with custom rock rings cut out bun Chris Brown, wrapped in 40x13.50x17 ProComp MT2's, and Inner Air Lock beadlocks inside.

I'm sure I'm missing other things.

Last edited by ChevyMan0784; 06-11-2017 at 07:50 PM.
ChevyMan0784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:52 PM   #2
ChevyMan0784
Registered Member

Default Re: 2013 1 Ton JKUR

When I bought it, it was sitting on a 2.5" Metal Cloak lift, Metal Cloak steel fenders and inner fenders, JCR bumpers. And AEV Pintler bead locks with 35" STT's it flexed out and did a lot for me. But it's never enough...

Old 06-11-2017, 08:02 PM   #3
ChevyMan0784
Registered Member

One thing led to another. I realized how weak the factory front axle really is, and I know myself, it would never have lasted. By the time I priced all my options out (beefing up the D44's, building Super Duty axles, buying MoPar), I was going to be money and time ahead in just doing MoPar Ultimate 60's. Of course, that too wasn't going to be good enough.

After my swap, I wasted my sector shaft and went PSC hydro assist. Then shortly thereafter, I tore my front track bar mount off the front D60. So, I bought a Synergy replacement locally. Welded it on. Then proceeded to bend that one up too.

After all that, I blew the gears out of the rear 60. Factory did not set carrier preload, you know, at ALL. Checked the front (still intact), tons of carrier movement, by hand.

MoPar is warrantying the axles, and shipped a set from Tennessee to Pontiac MI, and flew the Dana axle engineer out to personally inspect them. Hopefully they ship out tomorrow.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:04 PM   #4
ChevyMan0784
Registered Member

So, rather than go long arm out back, I went with these control arm drop brackets. Super beefy, by Metal Cloak. I also bought a set of Centramatic wheel balancers (way cool, if you've never seen them before), used in semi's a lot.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:20 PM   #5
ChevyMan0784
Registered Member

It occurred to me, that most of you probably think "wow, another bolt on JK build". Yes and no. I definitely did a lot of bolt on. I also did a decent amount of cutting and welding.

When my new axles get in, I'll be modifying my track bar brackets and basically wrapping all the welds on all the control arm brackets. Also, at some point, I'm going to build a new rear bumper with a swing out-down tire carrier. Similar to what was on my Jimmy, but much lighter and with a couple cool features.

Really, all my fabrication time has been on Marisha's XJ. Body stiffeners, long arm kit, Ford 8.8 rear axle with disc/4.88 gears/ Eaton e locker, front G2 Core 44 with chromoly shafts/4.88 gears/Eaton e locker/custom track bar bracket, all steering and track bar is 1.5" DOM with GM 1 ton TRE's built by me, Teraflex high steer knuckle, Rusty's steel fenders, 36x13.50x16 Iroks, new ComeUp winch, Adam's Driveshafts, etc. so much has been done to it. It spent all winter in my shop.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:22 PM   #6
ChevyMan0784
Registered Member

Huuurrrrr eye gawt lerng eeeeerms!!!