Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > 4x4 Vehicle (car, truck, etc) > Glow Plug

Glow Plug Diesel performance, modifications, tuning, and repairs.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #126
ak_petey
Registered Member

ak_petey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Official Picture of Your Oil Burner Thread

Current Oil Burner:
2003, 24 V , leveling springs, 285/75 r17, some fancy wheels I cant remember, too much chrome., Don Thuren track bar, fully loaded with bun warmers , Bagged in the rear, Auto... and some fancy cat back dual exhaust. ( I know i know)
needing: to install skyjacker control arms to correct caster issues, reconnect sway bar links (broke), and drag link, 2008.5 steering upgrade

Last edited by ak_petey; 12-09-2012 at 10:09 PM.
ak_petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #127
ChevyMan0784
Registered Member

ChevyMan0784 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full83size View Post
X2 That stuff is craziness

On another note, a buddy of mine is claiming 18-20 mpg on the new 6.7 with all the deletes. I'm not sure how good it is, but it's a far cry better than the stock 6.7's
I guess there's a lot of hate in here for buying a new rig lol. Had no idea. 36K is a good deal for my rig with the low miles and being loaded. And the mileage, I get between 18-23 on the "lieometer" and hand calc'd. Being off by about 1 mpg. Nothing done to it yet. I like it. And just like I remember being stated in another thread about Dodge Cummins trucks, if you like it, and you are happy, who gives a ****.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #128
joe231
Registered Member

joe231 is on a distinguished road

Yeah
Thanks to you guys, and others like you, the UAW will continue to live the life that they are accustomed to

Chevy Only
joe231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #129
ChevyMan0784
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe231 View Post
Yeah
Thanks to you guys, and others like you, the UAW will continue to live the life that they are accustomed to
So. Please. Tell me how the UAW makes money from me buying a used truck? I had better never see you ever buy a used Chevy or Dodge ever. Also. Ford, took massive tax breaks so they wouldn't go bankrupt, so don't buy them either. Ever. See the logic there? Doesn't work so well. But, I suppose Gus may have supported them. But who really cares? These Rams are as good as it gets these days. The list goes on Joe. Don't buy Chinese and Japanese products either, also, better nit buy fuel or have a bank account unless it's a credit union. Lol.....
Old 12-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #130
murphyslaw
Registered Member

murphyslaw is on a distinguished road

Those rams are not as good as it gets.

Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep has had the lowest reliability rates for the past 6-8 yrs. So says consumer reports....

We carry guns here, act accordingly.
when in doubt, part it out.

murphyslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #131
joe231
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyMan0784 View Post
So. Please. Tell me how the UAW makes money from me buying a used truck? I had better never see you ever buy a used Chevy or Dodge ever. Also. Ford, took massive tax breaks so they wouldn't go bankrupt, so don't buy them either. Ever. See the logic there? Doesn't work so well. But, I suppose Gus may have supported them. But who really cares? These Rams are as good as it gets these days. The list goes on Joe. Don't buy Chinese and Japanese products either, also, better nit buy fuel or have a bank account unless it's a credit union. Lol.....

Lol
I was just following up your line "a lot of hate in here for buying a "new" rig"
Lol
It was all tongue in cheek, hence the smilies
Just felt like stirring the pot on a Monday morning.
I do only bank at a credit union, and I wish I could quit buying fuel.
I totally agree with you there

I think yous guys trucks are sweet (you and Gus)
So no hatin' here

Chevy Only
Old 12-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #132
ChevyMan0784
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe231 View Post
Lol
I was just following up your line "a lot of hate in here for buying a "new" rig"
Lol
It was all tongue in cheek, hence the smilies
Just felt like stirring the pot on a Monday morning.
I do only bank at a credit union, and I wish I could quit buying fuel.
I totally agree with you there

I think yous guys trucks are sweet (you and Gus)
So no hatin' here
You be trollin so early?? Lol I still love my Chevys...
Old 12-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #133
joe231
Registered Member

Chevy Only
Old 12-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #134
Full83size
Registered Member

Full83size is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_petey View Post
Current Oil Burner:
2003, 24 V , leveling springs, 285/75 r17, some fancy wheels I cant remember, too much chrome., Don Thuren track bar, fully loaded with bun warmers , Bagged in the rear, Auto... and some fancy cat back dual exhaust. ( I know i know)
needing: to install skyjacker control arms to correct caster issues, reconnect sway bar links (broke), and drag link, 2008.5 steering upgrade

I'm leveled and bagged and mine doesn't sit that high. Almost looks like you have an extra 2" body in the pic... Maybe it's just the tires, I'm still running 285's

*A Tree huggin, Boondockin adict...

-Babe the BLUE OX, 83' Chevrolet, tons and 45" AG's
http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=55894

Last edited by Full83size; 12-10-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Full83size is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #135
murphyslaw
Registered Member

murphyslaw is on a distinguished road

This mornings action shot.

We carry guns here, act accordingly.
when in doubt, part it out.

murphyslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #136
yellowk20
Registered Member

yellowk20 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyslaw View Post
Those rams are not as good as it gets.

Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep has had the lowest reliability rates for the past 6-8 yrs. So says consumer reports....
Obviously you haven't seen the row of 30+ new duramaxes on the dead line up here at Kuparuk...............
yellowk20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #137
joe231
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowk20 View Post
Obviously you haven't seen the row of 30+ new duramaxes on the dead line up here at Kuparuk...............
Ohhhh
Send me a couple, please!?!?
Lol

Chevy Only
Old 12-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #138
ak_petey
Registered Member

ak_petey is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Full83size;563635]I'm leveled and bagged and mine doesn't sit that high. Almost looks like you have an extra 2" body in the pic... Maybe it's just the tires, I'm still running 285's

edit**
running 285/70 r17 toyo tires.

I have the Don Thuren leveling springs on the front. not sure what all has been done to the back but all I have done is put on air bags. Those bags are aired all the way up. and in the picture that water tank was full
it was a 500 gallon tank

Last edited by ak_petey; 12-10-2012 at 07:19 PM.
ak_petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #139
ChevyMan0784
Registered Member

Quote:
As much as I agree, our dodges will be soon to. Effin EPA screwed everything up.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #140
yellowk20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyMan0784 View Post
As much as I agree, our dodges will be soon to. Effin EPA screwed everything up.
I plan on doing all the deletes, Dodge warranty kinda sucks anyways they look for ways to void them.

All the d-maxes here are down for emissions related problems
Old 12-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #141
nate
Registered Member

nate will become famous soon enough

Had around 140k when I bought it in 2005. I think I paid around 13k for it, but I don't remember for sure. Pushing 240k on it now and still runs fine.

Quote:
you paid under 20,000 for your Dodge? how many miles were on it when you bought it?

If you bought a comparable truck today with comparable age,mileage, and features. would cost closer to 30,000 . prices have gone up.

it took alot of thought and research for me to pull the trigger on a new truck, but I make decent money and this is my only debt as off now so i seemed like a good time to buy.

that combined with not being able to find the right used truck for what I though was fair price.........oh and patty yelling at me and calling me a cheap *** for driving my beater *** 6.5 truck

"The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments." - George Washington
nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:30 AM   #142
yellowk20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
Had around 140k when I bought it in 2005. I think I paid around 13k for it, but I don't remember for sure. Pushing 240k on it now and still runs fine.
well a comparable truck , with those miles is over 20,000 now . I bought new because I could not find a used truck for the money I was willing to spend unless it had a ton of miles .

I've been on the hunt for 6 months for the right truck, up here and even in the lower 48 . I decided I was going to special order one and went to the dealer. found out it would be april before I could get one . so I checked the lot my truck is optioned out exactly as I would have ordered it with exception to the 6-speed. which at this point I'm glad i didnt go with.

Plus buying of the lot let me haggle the price down, they dont budge when you order one
Old 12-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #143
ChevyMan0784
Registered Member

Quote:
well a comparable truck , with those miles is over 20,000 now . I bought new because I could not find a used truck for the money I was willing to spend unless it had a ton of miles .

I've been on the hunt for 6 months for the right truck, up here and even in the lower 48 . I decided I was going to special order one and went to the dealer. found out it would be april before I could get one . so I checked the lot my truck is optioned out exactly as I would have ordered it with exception to the 6-speed. which at this point I'm glad i didnt go with.

Plus buying of the lot let me haggle the price down, they dont budge when you order one
Why did you change your mind about the G56? I love mine so far... Also, I agree with not ordering if you can help it. They'll rip you off regardless if you do. Seems like I could have saved a bit more, but, i really wanted the G56. And, I know it's on the rare side and desirable. So it should hold its value. But really why I got this truck, is because I want to keep and pay something off. And I figure if I do, it had better be something that'll last.

Edit: and be exactly what I wanted!!

Last edited by ChevyMan0784; 12-11-2012 at 07:34 AM.
ChevyMan0784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #144
yellowk20
Registered Member

My reason to not get the g56 was based on a few factors.

Manuals are De-rated

Would have to wait until April to get a new 6speed

All the used 6-speed trucks were either short beds our over priced

Easier for Patty to drive , she can drive a manual very well but she gets nervous in traffic and on ice with the manual trans.

The Auto can built to take more power.( and price for a good clutch and billet shafts in the 6-speed is about the same as a full billet auto )

Autos are faster

Now with all that I still would prefer the G56, but only because I like to shift not because it is better.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #145
alaskangiles
Registered Member

alaskangiles is on a distinguished road

Quote:

WRONG! Your just impatient. I've been talking to a lot of folks for a couple months now about me buying a Cummins. Well, guess what BABY! In the morning I go pick mine up! 04.5' 71,000 miles, 3500, CCSB, SLT......yup! $14,000

WILL WORK FOR SANITY

"Go ahead skin that smoke wagon and see what happen's"

My butt itches and my finger stinks.
alaskangiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:36 AM   #146
yellowk20
Registered Member

To many miles, and wrong length bed and ,the 48RE sucks donkey balls so if I got a 2004.5 - 2007 it would be a 6-speed . Those factors considerably narrow my field.

Also I wanted one that was bone stock. not some clapped out **** box that was driven by some kid with improper tuning and lack of maintenance.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:22 AM   #147
alaskangiles
Registered Member

alaskangiles is on a distinguished road

Haha! You funny when you uptight. If all that is what you wanted, why didn't you wait two months and buy the 2013? H.O. is putting out 385 HP and 850 ft lbs out of the freaking box! Kinda hard to compete with those numbers. Plus, what did this new Obama law against diesel tuners do for yours? I'm not up to date on it, but I know the diesel world just got changed. And you got a nice truck at a fair deal! I ain't taking that away from you. This is why there are so many different vehicles and makers on the road. Your entitled to spend your money any way YOU want.

WILL WORK FOR SANITY

"Go ahead skin that smoke wagon and see what happen's"

My butt itches and my finger stinks.
alaskangiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:52 AM   #148
yellowk20
Registered Member

I'm not uptight, LOL I got fair deal on a nice truck with 350/800 ft/lbs stock

I would have had to wait until April to get a 6-speed 2013

Also I've heard some rumblings that the 2013's will have even more emissions crap that is harder to defeat.

I already bought all the deletes and a tuner and a full 5" straight exhaust. But I'm not sure yet if I'm ready to void my warranty

Bottom line this truck fits my needs . The compromise on the 6-speed was something i'm ok with .
Old 12-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #149
Full83size
Registered Member

Full83size is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm not uptight, LOL I got fair deal on a nice truck with 350/800 ft/lbs stock

I would have had to wait until April to get a 6-speed 2013

Also I've heard some rumblings that the 2013's will have even more emissions crap that is harder to defeat.

I already bought all the deletes and a tuner and a full 5" straight exhaust. But I'm not sure yet if I'm ready to void my warranty

Bottom line this truck fits my needs . The compromise on the 6-speed was something i'm ok with .

And here I was thinking you were a tight wad Well let's just hope that we don't get a huge solar blast from the sun causing an EMP blast that takes out all of our computer controlled toys ---------------

*A Tree huggin, Boondockin adict...

-Babe the BLUE OX, 83' Chevrolet, tons and 45" AG's
http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=55894
Full83size is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #150
joe231
Registered Member

Holy sh*t!
So many posts and no pictures.
What is the name of this thread again.....hmmmm?

Chevy Only

Last edited by joe231; 12-15-2012 at 03:35 PM.