Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > Special Interest > The Shutterbug

The Shutterbug This forum is for discussion of all things related to taking great photographs.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:57 AM   #1
00TJ
Hermann The German

00TJ is on a distinguished road
Default After seeing some pictures

Well after seeing some of these pictures people are posting up, I wanted to upgrade my camera..

I got one of these yesterday..I cant wait to play with this.. Any pointers from the experts out there?

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=16303
Set the example in everything you do in your sport."Post Responsibly" "Ride Responsibly" "Camp Responsibly" "Drink Responsibly". Behave like EVERYONE in the world is watching and evaluating your actions. Have fun, yes. But realize we are threatened like never before. I've never seen so many closures and potential closures on the horizon. Please take heed and act now

By Del Albright,
00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:47 AM   #2
Noah
Registered Member

Noah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: After seeing some pictures

Cool you got it. I'll let you try out some of my lenses so you can see it's the lens that makes the picture. I'm thinking about selling my stuff too because it's just sitting there.
Noah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:51 AM   #3
00TJ
Hermann The German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah View Post
Cool you got it. I'll let you try out some of my lenses so you can see it's the lens that makes the picture. I'm thinking about selling my stuff too because it's just sitting there.
Selling..Why Hope it does not come to that...BUT I would like to check out See what you MIGHT have for sell
Set the example in everything you do in your sport."Post Responsibly" "Ride Responsibly" "Camp Responsibly" "Drink Responsibly". Behave like EVERYONE in the world is watching and evaluating your actions. Have fun, yes. But realize we are threatened like never before. I've never seen so many closures and potential closures on the horizon. Please take heed and act now

By Del Albright,
Old 08-19-2008, 06:57 AM   #4
Noah
Registered Member

Noah is on a distinguished road

I would sell it because I'm not using it. There are a lot of other things I could do with the money instead of storing it some bags in the closet. If wish Newbie used a Canon, he like camera toys too.
Noah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:47 AM   #5
00TJ
Hermann The German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah View Post
I would sell it because I'm not using it. There are a lot of other things I could do with the money instead of storing it some bags in the closet. If wish Newbie used a Canon, he like camera toys too.

Yea Newbie dont like me..He wont give me hug And he thinks Im a Nazi
Rock has the camera also, might have to hang with him and learn some stuff with him..He loves me

That was joke Rick...I love you too

i wanna see your camera stuff Noah, if you are thinking of getting rid of it.

By Del Albright,
Old 08-19-2008, 12:25 PM   #6
NewbieFJ60
Registered Member

NewbieFJ60 is on a distinguished road

didnt say I didnt like you MR SENSATIVE . I said you annoyed me , hell my dog annoys me but I stil like him ... I dont think you're a nazi , just the king of cut and paste ... I'll help ya with any camera stuff you need help with ... =BUT remember nikon is superior
NewbieFJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:32 AM   #7
ODDBALL
GRIND MASTER!

ODDBALL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieFJ60 View Post
didnt say I didnt like you MR SENSATIVE . I said you annoyed me , hell my dog annoys me but I stil like him ... I dont think you're a nazi , just the king of cut and paste ... I'll help ya with any camera stuff you need help with ... =BUT remember nikon is superior
Old 08-21-2008, 02:41 AM   #8
ODDBALL
GRIND MASTER!

ODDBALL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00TJ View Post
Well after seeing some of these pictures people are posting up, I wanted to upgrade my camera..

I got one of these yesterday..I cant wait to play with this.. Any pointers from the experts out there?

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=16303
I think if you took the time to clean off the bacon grease your old cam would work like gold! Take care of it.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:56 AM   #9
00TJ
Hermann The German

Quote:

It's ok I love you too..and Thanks

By Del Albright,
Old 08-26-2008, 08:05 AM   #10
00TJ
Hermann The German

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODDBALL View Post
I think if you took the time to clean off the bacon grease your old cam would work like gold! Take care of it.

Thats not bacon grease..

the old camera is ok...BUT this new one wow cool stuff here read up on it..

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/XSI/XSIA.HTM

By Del Albright,
Old 08-31-2008, 09:16 PM   #11
moo.
Registered Member

moo. is on a distinguished road

I was looking at the new xsi's as far as i can tell they are just a dumbed down 1d processor in a rebel chasis. i'm just using a XT, 8mp processor, but when it comes to pictures it really doesnt mater if you have the old 6mp or the new 15+mp cammeras, if the image is in focus, and you have a good lense, the shot will come out awsome.

Even if you have a 15mp cammera, you can still take horrible photos. learn your fstop settings, aperture size, and exposure times you can't go wrong...

Does anyone have a nice 100-300mm macro only lense (not one of thoes crappy combos that arnt good for either macro or standard shots) they would be willing to part with?

www.kohlerphotography.com
Scalable Customizable Professional Photography
moo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:28 PM   #12
NewbieFJ60
Registered Member

NewbieFJ60 is on a distinguished road

also consider the quality of processor , the size and grade of sensor , and all that . Frame integrity is super important . BUT glass is where the money is at . My last lens cost me almost $1100 . for a 80-200
NewbieFJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:23 PM   #13
Trigger
Registered Member

Trigger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
also consider the quality of processor , the size and grade of sensor , and all that . Frame integrity is super important . BUT glass is where the money is at . My last lens cost me almost $1100 . for a 80-200
your 80-200 I am assuming is a f2.8 Does it have the VR in it or was this the older pull zoom?