Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > Alaskan Interest > Hunting and Fishing

Hunting and Fishing Got a good hunting or fishing story? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
AK2AZ
Registered Member

AK2AZ is on a distinguished road
Default Whittier 7/13/12-7/15/12

My buddy Rob invited Jerry, Cory (High-Stick), and myself out for a 3 day trip on the water. We packed heavy and headed for some gulf water in search of some bigger fish on friday. While we didn`t get anything huge the numbers were good. Limits of lings and halibut made it worth the ride. Being on a 24' boat made for cramped camping so I volunteered to camp on-shore at our destination....no bears-in-tent action so I was happy. Each day we were met with rain and more rain PWS style. Waters were decent and only fuel stopped us from venturing any more than we did. All caught fish til we were sore and decided to bail out a bit early when we heard the forecast was jumping up to 30 knots/5'. On the way back we decided we still had some steaks to burn so we threw the pick in Shotgun Cove and ate well and got some serious rain. Bright and early we packed it up and headed home.

Enough jabber...here`s a quick vid courtesy of Steve...thanks buddy. We had 44 gigs of footage that he had to weed through mostly on his own so I give him all the credit for having anything at all to watch.

http://vimeo.com/46273205
AK2AZ is offline   Reply With Quote