Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > 4x4 Vehicle (car, truck, etc)

Old 12-24-2005, 04:26 PM   #326
AK20
Registered Member

AK20 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: >>>THE OFFICIAL NEW MEMBER CHECK-IN THREAD<<<

I guess I should post up on the newbie thread as well. Name is Ryan, I've been a member of Arctic Offroad in Fairbanks for a little over year. Came to AK 6 years ago with the AF, have a about 15 months left and I will be seperating and staying here(North Pole). I wheel a 74 Chevy K20 that has been one ton'ed, 8" BDS leafs in the front with ORD HD shackles, 4" BDS leafs with a 4" ORD shackle flip in the rear, just swapped in a SM465/NP205, ORD cross-over steering, detroit locker out back, 18x39.5 Boggers, and just started a front bumper build to house a MileMarker 12K. Still trying to figure out how I can score a trailer to haul the beast down to M&G this year, would love to wheel with some of you this summer.

Last edited by AK20; 12-24-2005 at 04:29 PM.
AK20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 12:00 AM   #327
Charles98XJ
Registered Member

Charles98XJ is on a distinguished road

Marisha,

Thanks for your confidence in my trail spotting.
I will remember that !!!!
Do you remember this obstacle ??

Charles
Charles98XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 10:14 PM   #328
wolfheartak
Registered Member

wolfheartak is on a distinguished road

What obstacle?

-Marisha
Old 12-25-2005, 10:43 PM   #329
bgreen776
I'm on Team People

bgreen776 will become famous soon enoughbgreen776 will become famous soon enough

welcome to the board guys. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
bgreen776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 10:48 PM   #330
BigDan
Just me.

BigDan is on a distinguished road

Welcome! You folks that may be new to the scene or the area should definitly make plans to attend the Meet and Greet. Good times are had by all.

http://www.alaska4x4network.com/show...113#post373113

Boys become kings, girls will be queens. Wrapped in Your majesty. When we love, when we love the least of these.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:41 PM   #331
Rescue
Registered Member

Rescue is on a distinguished road

Welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by quansitCJ5
Hi all, my name is Mark, and I am new to this scene. I recently aquired a Jeep and am having a go at off roading it..... its pretty much stock as of now, anyone have any ideas as to what I should do first to make it more trail worthy?
Winch, tires.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:41 PM   #332
el_capiton_casey
Registered Member

el_capiton_casey is on a distinguished road

hey everybody my name is casey pretty new to the site and wheeling for that matter i know my way around trucks pretty well not everything but basics i just poicked up a jeep for 350 bucks and it runs with a 3.5 inch lift on it i just added 2 inch spacers to the front a buddy gave me 2 inch blocks for the rear im just tinkering with it right now waiting for the 1st of april (it has a seasonal IM) to start to test it out (which i fully intend to do) future mods will be 33's and an 8274 winch but a lil more about me im 19 a union ironworker which is awesome because im gonna be a professional welder and dont have to spend a dime for any of my certifications in fact they pay me to do it lol ive got a daughter ready to be born anytime now so thats me if you need help with your rig send me a pm and if i can help i definatley will
el_capiton_casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:45 PM   #333
bgreen776
I'm on Team People

bgreen776 will become famous soon enoughbgreen776 will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the board casey.
bgreen776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:26 PM   #334
AKblue
Registered Member

AKblue is on a distinguished road

Ive been lurking on this board since it came online, I was AKpostal on the old board but couldnt get that to work on this board. Learned alot on this board and picked up a deal or 2 as well.

Dan.
AKblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 02:41 PM   #335
bu5hf1yer
Registered Member

bu5hf1yer is on a distinguished road

Hey folks! I am a Jeepster from Cali now living in Tok. Thank goodness I found this site I need to find some good trails! =)
I woulda posted some pics of my rig but i dunno how to.
bu5hf1yer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 03:51 PM   #336
dman357
Let it SNOW!

dman357 is on a distinguished road

Welcome.
Here's a thread about posting pics.
http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=5958
I use supermotors.org. Host your pics "somewhere" and then link them to this board. Otherwise get a paid membership to the board and you can put them up directly.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:35 PM   #337
XJninja
Registered Member

XJninja is on a distinguished road

guess i should check in, name's josh, 21 work nights at world gym. i have a 19 month old son, and love wheeling. he digs it too most of the time, except for some reason he hates it when dad's wheels lose traction. waiting for more mods to take my xj out, but i usually co-pilot hockey's rig when he goes out. so hopefully i'll meet more of ya when the time comes. and in the less than a week i've been a member i've already gotten help on alot of things, and am definitely stoked on the availability of like-minded folks and the vast knowledge that this community has. thanks you guys and hope to see you on the trails soon.
and an open invitation to anyone lookin to do some stock wheeling lemme know when n where n i'll more than likely be there. and anyone interested in a severely discounted gym membership lemme know we have 2 locations one on A st. and another in muldoon.

93 5.2 v8 zj 3.5" lift 31x10.5r15 avalanche extremes
97 vw jetta - gotta motor?
XJninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:24 PM   #338
ryanman
Registered Member

ryanman is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm Ryan Morris, I live in Kodiak, lived here 22 out of my 26's yrs I've been alive. My 4x4 is a 94 Grand Cherokee 4.0, I have a 3" Rancho lift on order as of a couple days ago, 31x10.50 workhorses, Banks stainless header, hi flo cat, 40 series flowmaster, Jet performance ECU, K&N filter, Helix TB spacer, 3 row radiator, dual tranny coolers, "built" 42re tranny, full time 4wd x-case (249 I believe, looking for a 231), D30 front axle, D44 rear axle, both w/ 3.73's, ordering a limited slip rear diff in the next week or two, just gotta decide which one I want. Anyways I own/ride a couple different 4 wheelers, 3 snowmachines, 2 stock cars (one is retired, one needs to be finished. Been browsing the site for a couple months, signed up last month I think. Cya guys around.
ryanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:28 PM   #339
jdalton2
Banned

jdalton2 is on a distinguished road

well im new again, lost all my posts from my original jdalton name, some hacker must have got into my account and messed it up.... so this is my new name

thanks

JD
jdalton2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:37 PM   #340
00TJ
Hermann The German

00TJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdalton2
well im new again, lost all my posts from my original jdalton name, some hacker must have got into my account and messed it up.... so this is my new name

thanks

JD

Well I would like to meet you, i think you are someone I know....
Set the example in everything you do in your sport."Post Responsibly" "Ride Responsibly" "Camp Responsibly" "Drink Responsibly". Behave like EVERYONE in the world is watching and evaluating your actions. Have fun, yes. But realize we are threatened like never before. I've never seen so many closures and potential closures on the horizon. Please take heed and act now

By Del Albright,
00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 09:36 AM   #341
TJVigilante
Registered Member

TJVigilante is on a distinguished road

How's it going? I've been sort of lurking this board for a little while, guess I'd finally fess up and join in the conversations! I'm in Fairbanks, newest official member of Arctic Offroad, and I drive a 2000 Wrangler Sport, pretty much stock for now with 31x10.50 BFG AT's and cragar soft 8 wheels, and a pair of daylighters on a cut stock bumper. I picked up a York air compressor and just got the Kilby mounting bracket and serpenting clutch in the mail, and looking at acquiring a pair of chevy fullwidths to swap in sometime in the next year.

Here's my picture gallery: click

Last edited by TJVigilante; 02-04-2006 at 09:38 AM.
TJVigilante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 10:06 AM   #342
jpsfri

jpsfri is on a distinguished road

welcome, stay warm up there
Old 02-07-2006, 05:25 PM   #343
jeeperak
Registered Member

jeeperak is on a distinguished road

hello all, names dennis. some of you know me most wont admit it. i used to roll a white yj mostly built by oddball in jerrys gayrodge. the wife and i moved to Az a little over a year ago. i sold the yj before leaving(cried everyday ) i just bought a tj and well i need 3 more jobs and oddbal to fly down and do somemore work for me.. nice to find were you all went to.....Dennis
jeeperak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:46 PM   #344
ak_Subaru
Registered Member

ak_Subaru is on a distinguished road

hey im joe im 19 and i live in seward for now but grew up in anchorage. im goin to avtec to become a tech, i love to work on subarus ive owned 3 of them and all of them have either flown or been bruied or drowned......

ive been workin on subarus since i was about 8 years old they are my passion and i love them all. currently i have an 1989 subaru gl station wagon(last year w/ the hi/lo tranny) and i plan on droppin a ford 351 modified(i want a clevand dont get me started) with ford front and rear axles. one day.

ive post on outher alaskan forums(aksoul, alaska wrestling) and i was sent here by my freind bodey(88 raider). i hope to one day show you all the greatness of a subie flyin over washing machines (my fav place to jump has one

well thats about it if u been to aaa the shop(use to be aaa1 subaru) uve prop seen me or ive worked on one of your cars. maybe well see each outher on a trail or a creek bed...
ak_Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:56 PM   #345
Trigger
Registered Member

Trigger is on a distinguished road

Im not new, just havnt been around for awhile. Im Jeremy, 21, live in Huntington Beach CA for the last 6 months and I drive my girlfriends 2000 pontiac grand am, so what, wanna fight about?
Old 02-20-2006, 11:31 AM   #346
Hippi Chick
Registered Member

Hippi Chick is on a distinguished road

YEAH!!! My husband (Rubiclone) bought me a Jeep XJ for Valentines Day. It's stock now but give us a month and we'll be up and wheelin with it.
Hippi Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #347
Lil'dd52
Registered Member

Lil'dd52 is on a distinguished road

So I guess I'm a newbie checking in. I am on this board to learn all I can about Jeeps and wheeling and hopefully pick one up soon! Till then I will be a passenger in an bright red 84 CJ7.

Rogue Off Road

Last edited by Lil'dd52; 02-23-2006 at 09:50 AM.
Lil'dd52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:59 AM   #348
BadCo
Molon Labe

BadCo has a spectacular aura aboutBadCo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'dd52
So I guess I'm a newbie checking in. I am on this board to learn all I can about Jeeps and wheeling and hopefully pick one up soon! Till then I will be a passenger in an bright red 86 CJ7.
It's an 85 ya Noobie!

KODIAK OFF ROAD

The chair is against the wall
BadCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:29 PM   #349
Adventuresinthewild
Registered Member

Adventuresinthewild is on a distinguished road

I'm A newbie to the site. My name is Justin Wasilla I'm 29. After looking things over for a couple of days i spent my $25 so I can post an avatar I spent an hour or so today just picking out an avatar that I like. i hope you guys like it too becaus you may be seeing alot of it.
I've got an 84' chevy stepside with a 6" rough country suspension lift and a 3" body lift. It has a 350 with a crack in the block on both sides because the guy i bougth it from had water in the radiator instead of coolant and I bought it the day before the first big freeze, never even got it into the shop. So I'm looking for a new motor, I want to go 454 with fuel injection. I have some 35x12.50 tuff country tires on outlaw 2 rims, But i want to go to bigger tires 38-39" and i've got some 3/4 ton axles I picked up that are geared 4:10 and I'll be bolting them in soon. So I need to get rid of my existing tires and rims and get some new stuff.

I also want to get to a couple of meeting for the Wasilla club and then do some wheeling with you guys sometime this summer
I do need a little more info on who to talk to to get set up for a meeting with the 2 broke 2 play people, I understand they get together at the breakwind but i don't know when.
Hope to see you guys on the trails!
Justin

Last edited by Adventuresinthewild; 02-21-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Adventuresinthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:48 PM   #350
stretch
Registered Member

stretch is on a distinguished road

PM Akbearmoose and he will hook you up with the info.