Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > 4x4 Vehicle (car, truck, etc)

Old 04-11-2006, 04:23 AM   #376
instigator
Registered Member

instigator is on a distinguished road
Default Re: >>>THE OFFICIAL NEW MEMBER CHECK-IN THREAD<<<

My name's Jerry and I'm an aquarius... Whoa, sorry; wrong board. I'm in the Air Force stationed at Elmendorf and fix F-15s for a living. At least that's what they tell me. I had a 1996 Cherokee, 6 inch RE lift, 33s, 4:10s, 8 1/4 rear, D 30 front, warn winch, bull bar, Bulletproof rear bumper, stuff, stuff and stuff. Then I rolled it just outside of Haines Junction on the way back up here a little over a year ago. Now I drive a WRX, which I'm selling because I hate payments; and will be looking for a new rig at the end of the summer. Why the end? Because I'm deploying for three months. Woot!!!!!!! (see dripping sarcasm)
instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 07:02 PM   #377
bender
Registered Member

bender is on a distinguished road

i`m Brian or bender or hey you in the bushs, whichever you prefer. i`ve lurked for a while so I figured i`d might as well join, currently living and working in wyoming and thinking about moving to AK.
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #378
crashnburn
Registered Member

crashnburn is on a distinguished road

Hey, my name is Chris. I'm a student at Texas A&M University studying Manfacturing & Mechanical Engineering Technology. I'm getting close to finally finishing up school, so I'm starting to think about where I want to go when I'm done. I've been giving Alaska alot of thought, since it seems like an ideal place for me. The weather would take some getting used to, but I'm sick of the heat, humidity, and lack of rain down here.

my current rig, which I'm sad to say is for sale

crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:26 AM   #379
T1h5 Ta3
Registered Member

T1h5 Ta3 is on a distinguished road

so i forgot to post up when i joined..
im an average joe, have an average job, make average pay... blah blah bla...

oh and what i do for a living? heres a hint

it is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speek and remove all doubt.
T1h5 Ta3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:25 PM   #380
subranger

subranger is on a distinguished road

hello all my name is keith was on the 55 mile tail up at chena hotsprings this week end. got a chance to talk to kodiak dodge thats the only name that i can remember right now but i have live and worked in fairbanks most of my life my truck is a 96 ranger on a 75 subruban frame 310h 350 sm456 205 d60fr 14ff r 44 boggers and soon 5-13 (sitting in boxes in the shop) hope to get to know a few of you talk at you all later
subranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:53 PM   #381
*Hell's Child*
Registered Member

*Hell's Child* is on a distinguished road

hey all. im bre... akbearmoose's middle daughter. im currently a studnet at colony high, palmer, ak. my truck is an '87 dodge raider. still stock til i get better at driving.

If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers.

Anyone who thinks the art of conversation is dead ought to tell a child to go to bed.

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
*Hell's Child* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 06:16 PM   #382
4x4 taco
Registered Member

4x4 taco is on a distinguished road

how's it going all I'm up here in fairbanks and wheel with Arctic offroad not a member. I've been up here now for about 4 years and ready to leave. I'm getting stationed to Anchorage in Aug. My rig is a 98 tacoma and my AO name is 2T2. Just wanted to touch base with you all and see what clubs are down there. I was at the 55 mile run last weekend and had a blast. Hope to wheel with you all some time.
4x4 taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 02:50 PM   #383
stuck_in_seward
Registered Member

stuck_in_seward is on a distinguished road

well i have been on here for awile and i figure i should post up since i dident when i frist joined back in jan. im 20 years old , married , fat , have a 2 year old lil girl . im currently going to AVTECH in seward but my home is anchorage/jim creek , my ride is a 01 gmc ext cab 4x4 with a 6 inch lift and 35inch rubbers and tons of other junk that makes it look nice ( its for sale by the way ) i will soon be getting a 2006 chevy 4door long bed dually and a 81 gmc 1 ton with a six inch lift and every pannel is a differant color . im always down to help someone get unstuck ( unless they try to tell me how to get them unstuck) also im allways down for some BBQ's so if your haveing one and i smell it plan on putting out another plate for me , and thats about it
oh and another thing , i love to fish so if anyone wants to come down to seward for the weekend and want to get your fish on , let me know

my ringer box number is :764-1058 and my name is max
stuck_in_seward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:02 PM   #384
joe
Registered Member

joe is on a distinguished road

hello all. im new to the sight, havent quite figured it out but it said this ones for newbies so i guess im in.
anyway my girl and i drive a '95 wrangler YJ with a 4" lift and '33s its all white with a black top, flares, and trim. The only chrome is the grill and front bumper, got a have a little bling in front ya know.
mike over at auto crafters built us an awesome rear bumper and installed the new wide flares in the rear, he also patched the top. AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!
well any advice is welcome, thanks for the hospitality.
see ya!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 05:17 AM   #385
t3mporaryism

t3mporaryism is on a distinguished road

My name is Nick, I got to Alaska (Elmendorf AFB) about 4 months ago. Currently driving a tan 04 TJ with 31's/snorkel and a few other random addons. I'm still awaiting next month to get my lockers and bumpers installed.

I've been up to Jim's Creek a couple of times since i've been here and I love it. I'm glad ot be here.
t3mporaryism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:59 AM   #386
murphyslaw
Registered Member

murphyslaw is on a distinguished road

welcome aboard.

We carry guns here, act accordingly.
when in doubt, part it out.

murphyslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:22 PM   #387
MTBlazer89
Registered Member

MTBlazer89 is on a distinguished road

Hey everybody new guy here I registered on the board because I am coming to AK next week for work (Navy) I made a post in the trips forum http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=17816

Anyway just saying hi I just found the check in thread

1989 K5 TBI 350/TH350/241/10b/14BFF 4" Superlift 37" SSR's..lockers crossover yada yada
1989 V3500 TBI 454/TH400/205/D60/14BFF 6" Superlift 33" SSR's
MTBlazer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:24 PM   #388
cheapf150
Registered Member

cheapf150 is on a distinguished road

HI every one my name is mike and im currently in the navy and in 22 days I will be back in the great state of Alaska i was born and raised in soldotna i curently own a 97 f150 4.6 4x4 but being in the military i dont get paid enough to do much to the truck but i was wonding if you had any cheap project ideas for a poor salior
thanks
cheapf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:20 PM   #389
B_Cheetah23
Registered Member

B_Cheetah23 is on a distinguished road

So I've been around for about a year or so. My name's Shawn, was down in Cali playing college football, but **** happened, they canceled my degree I was going for. So moved back up here. Been going to school at uaa and mat-su for the time being. I'm a firefighter out in the Valley. Pretty sweet, pay isn't the greatest, but just knowing I am helping ppl makes me feel good.

I currently drive an '85 Nissan 300zx. Fixing up my '85 Fullsize Bronco(351w 4bbl carb). Sold the lift and changed the exhaust is all that's done on it now. Plan on doing an SAS and throwing on another lift. But for the time being, doing small upgrades to the engine and plan on painting it this summer as well.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:04 PM   #390
badWrangler97
Registered Member

badWrangler97 is on a distinguished road

hey i'm anthony from mckinney texas and up here for three years to "Kill people and blow **** up" haha yeah right. anyways i have a 97 wrangler that is for sale with lots of extras so hit me up if you are interested. oh yeah, i am glad that there are not any penguins here i was worried. and us texans don't all ride horses and **** either but i have three.
badWrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:43 PM   #391
scumby
Registered Member

scumby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by badWrangler97
hey i'm anthony from mckinney texas and up here for three years to "Kill people and blow **** up" haha yeah right. anyways i have a 97 wrangler that is for sale with lots of extras so hit me up if you are interested. oh yeah, i am glad that there are not any penguins here i was worried. and us texans don't all ride horses and **** either but i have three.
welcome, but i'd keep the wrangler and sell the horses instead. j/k
Old 06-21-2006, 11:48 PM   #392
AK_Snowman
Registered Member

AK_Snowman is on a distinguished road

Hey I'm Jeff.I'm originally from Kentucky,and I'm up here on the 3 year tour aswell, I have a stock 2002 explorer, that I pretty much beat the **** out of it, and its not liking it, so I'll probably end up getting something to thrash by the end of the year.
AK_Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 10:52 PM   #393
gv1600
Registered Member

gv1600 is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I,m Vasilis from Greece and i own a SUZUKI GV with a few mods.
Nothing at all against your rigs that i see in here, but its funny!
I like the place here!!

Have fun and take care!
gv1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 04:48 AM   #394
La.charlie
Registered Member

La.charlie is on a distinguished road

hey Ya'll New guy here, my nane is Charlie and I have a '97 z71 That I plan on building soon and wheeling the hell out of. I used to go to Ak. when I lived in Wa. but i live in the wet land of the U.S.A. now, Louisiana
La.charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:06 PM   #395
mskitty
Registered Member

mskitty is on a distinguished road

Hi my name is Diana I have lurked for a very long time and Gus won't post
stuff I tell him to. So I signed up. I drive a blue swamp Buggy.
mskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:14 PM   #396
BigDan
Just me.

BigDan is on a distinguished road

Poor Gus. Relegated to pass. seat duty.lol Good to see you on here mskitty.

http://www.alaska4x4network.com/show...113#post373113

Boys become kings, girls will be queens. Wrapped in Your majesty. When we love, when we love the least of these.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:04 PM   #397
Speedo
Registered Member

Speedo is on a distinguished road

I thought I'd post a pic of Diana's rig for her.

Gus

Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:54 PM   #398
TheMadMoose
Registered Member

TheMadMoose is on a distinguished road

TheMadMoose
Ashley Lauer
Chugiak, Alaska

I would like to start out by saying hello to everyone, and how excited I am to finally be able to join you all. For years I have been interested in everything off road, but it wasn’t until this summer that I was finally able to afford a toy. I bought a 1982 Jeep “Scrambler” from a guy at work, whom is on this forum, and I have already fixed many of the little things that needed attention. From my understanding this rig of mine has been passed down from alaska4x4network member to another alaska4x4network member for years. Now, it’s my turn. I have found photos of my rig on the forum and… it has doors! Anyway, it doesn’t anymore (If you have them… Call me) oh well.

I have been talking about getting a rig for years with my best friend Kyle, Advent, and I have learned a few things from our talks. Yet, I am still such a noob. I look forward to expanding my knowledge about the sport, trails around this great state, and further expanding my skill as an off road enthusiast.

As for me myself; I’m a twenty-one year old legally dyslexic semi-republican hippy. I love AM talk radio, 650 700 and 750AM, and I live out in Chugiak. I drive a 2000 Ford Ranger 4x4 as my everyday commuter vehicle, and I love pie. I have been trying to become a diesel mechanic forever, but due to silly unfortunate life events my educational goals have been but on hold. This summer I have been trying to go to AVTECH, but my parents still have yet to file their 2005 taxes. Very much needed to file a FAFSA. *Groan*

Anyway, I live on my own with my fiancé and this summer I’m currently working for the Rail Road as a crew driver. It’s a fair paying job, but my biggest pet peeve is tested everyday by the crews which I drive. You see, I hate being treated like an idiot. Nothing annoys me more, and as a crew driver I get treated like one almost everyday. I can hardly wait for the day that this trivial inconvenience can be overcome, so that I may to be treated as the intellectual equal that I am and less of an inconsequential muttonhead.

In closing, I would like to thank you all in advance for allowing me to join such a large family. I hope that I may prove to be a valuable asset in the future, and also be able to join you on any and all events that may come.

Ashley L. Lauer
TheMadMoose
Old 08-21-2006, 02:55 PM   #399
MoonDog
Registered Member

MoonDog is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I'm Tate, I've been lurking around for a little while now (mostly just reading your trip reports and being envious of your pics.) My truck is an older Toyota 4runner built for rock crawling since that's what everyone seems to be into down here (Portland, Oregon) but my real interests lie in longer expedition / enduro type outings. But really as long as it's not mud, I can enjoy it.

Anyway, work is allowing me some travel and sending me up there among other places, and I'm posting up now since I have the feeling I'll be wanting to ask lost of questions about the place later!
MoonDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:47 PM   #400
maddmike
Registered Member

maddmike is on a distinguished road

hello all, i'm writing from all the way down in southern california. thanks for letting me post to this board, seems like a tight knit group of people. this site was recommended to me by my friends sven and magdalena of XXXpedition, whom mentioned to me that they had wheeled with some of you last summer during their trip.

I own a stock '03 TJ Sport which I use a plenty down here in the sun and big rocks near Los Angeles.
maddmike is offline   Reply With Quote