Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > 4x4 Vehicle (car, truck, etc)

Old 11-28-2004, 06:54 AM   #26
frogmanclay
Registered Member

frogmanclay is on a distinguished road

Thanks, my uncle has it right now. When I deployed last time I put it in storage and someone broke in and robbed me. So he came and got it and stored it for me. He just started working on it about a month ago. I got the engine in, but he has installed the front axel. And then got the trany and transfer case in yesterday. Working on the rear axel now. I hope to get it back soon. I love working on it. Although I feel lost when I do. Always got a friend on the phone. "Hey, how do I....."
frogmanclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 04:20 AM   #27
Bigboi
Registered Member

Bigboi is on a distinguished road
Default Whats up everyone

I have been going to this forum and the other (northern4x4) for awhile just to read and see some of the pics . I figured what the hell and decided to register. Anyways just wanted to say whats up and say there are some nice rigs here.
Bigboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 12:13 PM   #28
hero
Registered Member

hero is on a distinguished road

I'm Scott I came over from Brook's board. There was a lot of good information and friendly people on there, and looks like there is here too. I know I'm not from Alaska, but I'll try to contribute where I can. I've got a 78 CJ7 with a stock 350, SM465, NP205. Stock Dana 60 front axle, 14 bolt rear Lincoln locked. 4.10 gears for now. Hydro boost brakes, and hydro assist steering. 44 TSLs. I made a roll cage for it last year that turned out pretty good, not that it's been tested yet. The suspension is nothing fancy, just leaf springs.
hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 12:51 PM   #29
AKBearMoose
JK WK F350 F150

AKBearMoose is on a distinguished road

Welcome guys...come along for the ride...make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in the upright position and enjoy.

Help me...I caught the Jeep thing!

( ||||||| )
o _________ o
\__o__o__/

AKBearMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 01:44 PM   #30
RTCUL8
Registered Member

RTCUL8 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero
I've got a 78 CJ7 with a stock 350, SM465, NP205. Stock Dana 60 front axle, 14 bolt rear Lincoln locked. 4.10 gears for now. Hydro boost brakes, and hydro assist steering. 44 TSLs.
...aaalllrighty-then.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:06 PM   #31
bgreen776
I'm on Team People

bgreen776 will become famous soon enoughbgreen776 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero
I'm Scott I came over from Brook's board. There was a lot of good information and friendly people on there, and looks like there is here too. I know I'm not from Alaska, but I'll try to contribute where I can. I've got a 78 CJ7 with a stock 350, SM465, NP205. Stock Dana 60 front axle, 14 bolt rear Lincoln locked. 4.10 gears for now. Hydro boost brakes, and hydro assist steering. 44 TSLs. I made a roll cage for it last year that turned out pretty good, not that it's been tested yet. The suspension is nothing fancy, just leaf springs.
Welcome to the board Scott. Glad to see you here.
bgreen776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:53 PM   #32
bigun
Registered Member

bigun is on a distinguished road

My Name is Charles. I came over from the AKFAB board. I am an electrical contractor here in New Mexico. Presently working on a 76 cherokee that we are putting a J20 cab and axles on. Then we're going to put on a flat bed convert to propane with 52 gallon manifold tank underneath the bed, spring over front axle, RB shackle flip rear, with exo skeleton. Motor is 360, tranny T18, Transfer case Dana 20 twin stick out of a scout. We do mud bogs, rock crawling, and play in dunes. I started reading at the other board for stories of the trail rides plus to get a look at tech. solutions from other areas of the country. I live in a small town that is 68 miles from Alb. NM. Ranching is the main industry around here most of us end up driving to Alb. to go to work.

Last edited by bigun; 12-02-2004 at 07:54 PM.
bigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 08:09 PM   #33
bgreen776
I'm on Team People

bgreen776 will become famous soon enoughbgreen776 will become famous soon enough

Welcome
bgreen776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 04:29 AM   #34
lanefj40
Registered Member

lanefj40 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Newbie

Hi, just found your site a few days ago. I'll be lurking here and enjoying your trip reports and photos. I'm in New Hampshire, I run a 74 FJ40, 4"lift, 34" swampers locked in the rear, onboard co2 system. I've installed power steering and disc brakes up front. Future upgrades include a winch, roll cage and whatever else that seems right. I want to make the rig as capable as possible but still be able to drive on the street. I'm a member of TLCA and Yankee Toys (www.yankeetoys.org) Other interests include backpacking, nordic sking, canoeing, yoga, camping, am also a Boy Scout leader. Married (Bette enjoys wheeling too) and have a 13 year old son that I'm trying to get interested in off road wheeling.
Great site here!
Lane Noyes
lanefj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 08:45 AM   #35
AKBearMoose
JK WK F350 F150

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanefj40
Hi, just found your site a few days ago. I'll be lurking here and enjoying your trip reports and photos. I'm in New Hampshire, I run a 74 FJ40, 4"lift, 34" swampers locked in the rear, onboard co2 system. I've installed power steering and disc brakes up front. Future upgrades include a winch, roll cage and whatever else that seems right. I want to make the rig as capable as possible but still be able to drive on the street. I'm a member of TLCA and Yankee Toys (www.yankeetoys.org) Other interests include backpacking, nordic sking, canoeing, yoga, camping, am also a Boy Scout leader. Married (Bette enjoys wheeling too) and have a 13 year old son that I'm trying to get interested in off road wheeling.
Great site here!
Lane Noyes
Lane, excluding the Yoga thing you have a hobby resume ready made for Alaska...LOL...Must be an Alaskan at heart...Welcome to the BBS

Help me...I caught the Jeep thing!

( ||||||| )
o _________ o
\__o__o__/

Old 12-11-2004, 06:08 AM   #36
dirt
Banned

dirt is on a distinguished road

nope
dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 08:25 AM   #37
Frosty
samurai guy

Frosty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanefj40
Great site here!
Lane Noyes
Welcome Lane. NH guy huh? Me to, originally. From a small town near concord. I was just back east a few weeks ago for the awesome fall weather. Ill have to give you a call next time im in nh.

If youre gonna be gay, you might as well go all out.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 01:42 AM   #38
lanefj40
Registered Member

lanefj40 is on a distinguished road

Yea, a NH boy! Born in Nashua,, grew up in Hollis and now live in Swanzey (near Keene) So what town are you from?
Lane
lanefj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 07:27 PM   #39
sweeper
Registered Member

sweeper is on a distinguished road

hello all, my name is david, aka Sweeper just moved to elemendorf in the beginning of nov. from phoenix. What a difference in weather. I drive a 01 k2500hd. I have not yet put a lift on it. I only as 31" MT/R's on her. Can't wait to meet yall and go out. I work in maintance at Elemendorf.
sweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 07:34 PM   #40
RTCUL8
Registered Member

RTCUL8 is on a distinguished road

Nice rig!
It's be perfect as a tow rig for your trail Jeep.
Old 12-25-2004, 10:45 AM   #41
1wook
Registered Member

1wook is on a distinguished road
Default Hello

Hi guy's, I finally came over from akfabshop since it's pretty much died. I'm not in Alaska but I enjoyed the people on the board. I did grow up in northern MN so I do know what some snow and cold is like.

I'm a design engineer and am finishing up building my house, am married with a 2 year old daughter and anouther one in the oven. Right now my 69 IH 800 (dead 302-c4-dana20-44s) is sitting in the woods because I've got no $$ to spend on it. The neighbor kids 78 bronco is in my shop and I've been giving him some direction on it, including removing the hockey puck body lift. In my free time I go 4wheeling with my arctic cat 500i.
1wook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 10:57 AM   #42
dstrbdxp-AK
Registered Member

dstrbdxp-AK is on a distinguished road

Whats up everyone? Names Daniel. I lived in Anchorage/Eagle River my whole life. Left July '04 for military purposes. Lookin at gettin out in May and headin back. I love wheelin but my truck doesnt exactly fit down every trail Alaska has to offer so I plan on buildin somethin just for that. I was on the northern board for a while but here I am. I'm into ANYTHIN truck related, love wheelin, huntin, fishin and welding.

nil carborundum illegitimi

Last edited by dstrbdxp-AK; 12-25-2004 at 11:00 AM.
dstrbdxp-AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 11:34 PM   #43
yeep74
Registered Member

yeep74 is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

Some of you already know a little about me but I never actually introduced myself to the masses.

My name is Brandon and I'm 18 and a Senior at Ferndale High School. I enjoy welding and fabricating very much. I have built lots of things for my own and my buddies trucks. For the most part I am self taught. The teacher at my school, is a good guy, but his shop skills leave much to be desired. So I teach myself through reading and a bunch of hands on hours how to use equiptment.

I used to wrestle and play football. But I resigned from both. Football at Ferndale is all politics. I am not in a hurry to play politics. The coaches play the atheletes for the most part by popularity and class rank. I told the coach that he should play the better players first and he told me that the older players have more time in. I said that I come to practice everyday and bust my a$$ for no chance for any play time just because I am a sophmore and he said exactly. So I did the only thing I could--I retired from football. Now I have been blamed for costing Ferndale the state championship. Boy do I get cr@p for that! Not by the players they respect my decision but the parents are vicious sometimes.

Wrestling is my favorite. And there is no politics!!!!! I was a freshman letter. I am not a spectacular wrestler. I have fun and that is the important part.Due to my work schedule I cannot wrestle. I have a proplem with calling yourself a member of a team when you are never there. So I retired. I still look through the window to the matroom and wish I had the money to pay bills and car insurance without working so I could wrestle.

Oh yes my job. I love my job. I work in excavation and I am a general handyman. I fix stuff when its broke and I fit pipes drive heavy equiptment. I do it all and I like variety! And my boss is awesome!

Just over a year ago I bought my J-10. I have alaway wanted one since my mom gave away her wag. I thought I was nuts when I saw 700.00 written in the window. I talked the guy down to four and bought it on the spot! I love 4wheelin and I was suprised that I could wheel as well as trucks on 35" tires with my 31"s. Last spring I did a Soa and only gained 4.25" beacause my front springs are shot. My drive train is 360/th400/q-trac w/ lo/d60 rear welded up! I am planning to build it up more when I get the money.

Thank you guys for all of your support. And help with my problems>

Thanx
Brandon

Heres some pics:

Frontyard flexing

yeep74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 11:43 PM   #44
NewbieFJ60
Registered Member

NewbieFJ60 is on a distinguished road
Default ferndale

ferndale would be in what state ?
NewbieFJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 11:50 PM   #45
yeep74
Registered Member

yeep74 is on a distinguished road

Washington, sorry.
yeep74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 12:54 PM   #46
Chris_L
Registered Member

Chris_L is on a distinguished road

I'm new here. Thanks to Brentt for the heads up on this forum.

03 Turbo powerstroke pucker puller
Chris_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 02:15 PM   #47
OneTonCJ

OneTonCJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_L
I'm new here. Thanks to Brentt for the heads up on this forum.

Cool Chris, Brentt has posted your Jeep a couple of times. Nice rig. Very nice. Glad to see you made it over to the forum.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:14 PM   #48
AKBearMoose
JK WK F350 F150

Welcome aboard Chris...anyfriend of Brentt's must be one patient mother... LOL...J/K...Enjoy!
Old 01-01-2005, 05:42 PM   #49
smalltruckbigcid
Registered Member

smalltruckbigcid is on a distinguished road

Hi all came over here from the old board. I just bought a 1986 blazer( ex-military) that is going under the knife. Plans...the 6.slow has got to go, I have a 500caddy for a power upgrade. Its going up 4" inches and getting new tires, 33's or 35's still haven't decided. I live in Minneapolis (suburbs) and do some fab work, bumpers and other oddball stuff in my spare time. I drive a truck to pay the bills and keep the GF fat.
George
smalltruckbigcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:44 PM   #50
chris112lee
Registered Member

chris112lee is on a distinguished road
Default new guy

Hey guys I've been reading your forums for a few days and finally decided to register and introduce myself. Names Chris and I just graduated from Chugiak, now going to UAA. I have a '91 150 with 35's and a 300+hp 302 crate engine, flowmaster, k&n, msd etc. AFter I replace the auto in it I'm going to sell it. I also have a 94 s-10 blazer thats might see a 2" lift but doubtful. I hate those torsion bar setups. I'm actually looking for a new wheeling rig, toyota or jeep (let me know if you see any deals ) I'm trying to get into the wheeling community up here and figure this is the best place to start.
chris112lee is offline   Reply With Quote