Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > 4x4 Vehicle (car, truck, etc)

Old 06-19-2005, 09:05 PM   #201
Gazer
Semper Paratus

Gazer is on a distinguished road

Now make him check his PM's
Old 06-19-2005, 09:10 PM   #202
00TJ
Hermann The German

00TJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia
NOW THAT IS WRONG TAZ.... The war is ON...

watch it you start with TAZ, you start with all us OT's
Set the example in everything you do in your sport."Post Responsibly" "Ride Responsibly" "Camp Responsibly" "Drink Responsibly". Behave like EVERYONE in the world is watching and evaluating your actions. Have fun, yes. But realize we are threatened like never before. I've never seen so many closures and potential closures on the horizon. Please take heed and act now

By Del Albright,
00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 09:13 PM   #203
00TJ
Hermann The German

00TJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedB2
hey just moved up love to wheel have an 86 b2 have met alot of cool people already please let me know of any trips always willing to go will try to get some pics of my beast posted thanks

Alright ( Hippie ) good to see you here Watch out trails here we come
Set the example in everything you do in your sport."Post Responsibly" "Ride Responsibly" "Camp Responsibly" "Drink Responsibly". Behave like EVERYONE in the world is watching and evaluating your actions. Have fun, yes. But realize we are threatened like never before. I've never seen so many closures and potential closures on the horizon. Please take heed and act now

By Del Albright,

Last edited by 00TJ; 06-19-2005 at 09:18 PM.
00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 10:01 PM   #204
RedB2
Registered Member

RedB2 is on a distinguished road
Talking

would like to say thanks to everyone for welcoming me especially my brother andrew roudolph kahler hee hee

Last edited by RedB2; 06-19-2005 at 10:04 PM.
RedB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:11 AM   #205
AKBroncoII
Registered Member

AKBroncoII is on a distinguished road

hey hey hey, that's your middle name.
AKBroncoII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 03:37 PM   #206
Sarge's-boss
Registered Member

Sarge's-boss is on a distinguished road

Hi all. This is Sarge's wife. I have been Lurking so to say here at this board for a long time under my hubby's screen name and I just decided that I should have my own screen name. I know its not real origional but thats what I came up with ( I had 3 kids screaming at me in the background).
Most of you know my husband Sarge ( Kerry). He drives a Bronco II....and thats all well and good for him. BUT some day I am going to have myself a JEEP...none of this sissy FORD stuff. I want the real deal!!! And before you all go flaming me YES I have been wheeling. If you want proof look at our family web page and see my picture wheeling a Jeep and getting really muddy.
Anyways thanks for having me and Hope I can go on some runs with some of you all this summer ( if we can find a babysitter)
And P.S. MIKE this is not the same as what you are talking about in the PM to my hubby
Sarge's-boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 03:56 PM   #207
RTCUL8
Registered Member

RTCUL8 is on a distinguished road

I think Sarge's Boss needs to give Sarge a raise.... a rig raise.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:59 PM   #208
Sarge's-boss
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTCUL8
I think Sarge's Boss needs to give Sarge a raise.... a rig raise.
Yeah well will a Tahoe do?
Old 06-22-2005, 04:15 PM   #209
RTCUL8
Registered Member

Hmmm...I guess. A Cherokee would work better.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:38 PM   #210
Sarge's-boss
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTCUL8
Hmmm...I guess. A Cherokee would work better.
Well you find me one like Gazer's and I will get it....he has been over here at the house before and I would drive a rig like that
Old 06-22-2005, 06:12 PM   #211
nate
Registered Member

nate will become famous soon enough

You have more balls than I do

"The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments." - George Washington
nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:31 AM   #212
Highsociety
Registered Member

Highsociety is on a distinguished road

Hey guys just found you. I realy like the site. Lots of great info. I have been wheeling for several years now around the midwest and enjoy looking at new places to make road trips to. Iused to know a girl from Eagle River Ak. She used to send me lots of pics from up there when I was in Desert Storm beautiful country. Maybe someday I can make it up there and do some wheeling fishing and hunting. Here's a pic of my 99 tj

Highsociety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:07 PM   #213
Jez
Registered Member

Jez is on a distinguished road
Default oi oi!

Hey guys - its the Dodgy English bloke again

Just got back from Russia - what a truly mental place, epic coutryside, monster trails, goliath trucks and some of the friendliest people Ive ever met

We took a major kicking in the competition but learned a lot - new truck, need to build a new truck!

so - Laplander axles, Goodyear Terra Sure Grips, twin drum mechanical pto winch, additional electric front winch, supercharged 3.1 Isuzu charged cool diesel and Ive got to squeeze it all into a 100" wheel base, hmm and keep it under 1800kgs (4000lbs?)

I need to do a crash course on 4 link front and rear suspension - can anyone point me in the right direction?

hope its all good in AK?

Cheers

Jez
Jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 10:03 AM   #214
murdock

Default Moving Back to AK!

Hello everyone. I was on the northern4x4 forum a while back but haven't been on this one much. I've been in Houston, TX for the past year and I'm ready to leave this heat! I'm moving back to Anchorage in a few weeks and hopefully I can meet up with some of you. I bought a '74 EB in Mississippi last year and have been slowly working on it (wife is in grad school, so that is where most of my money goes!). I don't have much offroad experience and I'd love to learn some trail skills from you guys.

Here are a couple pics of the EB. First two are at Katemcy Rocks, other one is how the EB is right now. It is getting a body lift as soon as I get to Anchorage (needs a little clearance for the tires) and I'm bringing up new gears, a detroit for the 9", and 31 spline axles. I have half a suspension lift for it, just need to get the rest of the parts and install it (project for this winter).

I look forward to meeting everyone. This site is awesome! Keep up the good tech and trip reports!
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2005, 09:31 PM   #215
devildog290
Insomniac

devildog290 is on a distinguished road

Hy everyone,
I am glad to find a place to get advice from prople in my own backyard. I just bought my first jeep, a 90' cherokee 2dr. I know I know, a cherokee huh? well it only cost $450.00 with a blown head gasket, but that was easy enough to fix. Now I am hoping to aquire a ford 8.8" withdisk brakes for the rear to replace the POS D35. If anyone has any suggestions on what else I might do to make it more trail worthy, I look forward to hearing from you.
devildog290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:46 PM   #216
RTCUL8
Registered Member

Heh heh... more XJ's. People are coming to their senses.

So are you with that Marine Detachment on Ft. Rich, or prior service?
Old 07-06-2005, 11:47 PM   #217
Rescue
Registered Member

Rescue is on a distinguished road

Welcome aboard.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:03 AM   #218
AK4wheeler
Registered Member

AK4wheeler is on a distinguished road

Hey all,

I just found your site yesterday and wanted to say that this site rocks. I am pretty new to the 4 wheeling in AK world, have wheeled the swamps of SC when a youngster. Keep up the great work on the site.

AK4wheeler
AK4wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 05:43 PM   #219
northern_exposure
Registered Member

northern_exposure is on a distinguished road

I just signed up on this, I recently bought a 94 sierra that im hoping to be able to take on some fairly easy trails. I'm going to be adding a 3" lift and some 33's to start. What are some fairly easy trails to start with? thanks
northern_exposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:15 PM   #220
racinghoss
Registered Member

racinghoss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog290
Hy everyone,
I am glad to find a place to get advice from prople in my own backyard. I just bought my first jeep, a 90' cherokee 2dr. I know I know, a cherokee huh? well it only cost $450.00 with a blown head gasket, but that was easy enough to fix. Now I am hoping to aquire a ford 8.8" withdisk brakes for the rear to replace the POS D35. If anyone has any suggestions on what else I might do to make it more trail worthy, I look forward to hearing from you.
Sweet, another Jarhead. We are rather outnumbered by flyboys and dogfaces around here.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:29 AM   #221
CopperTopToy
Registered Member

CopperTopToy is on a distinguished road

Hi Im Eric and Im a newbie. I live in Anchorage using my 1980 toyota pickup truck as a daily driver. Im sort of new to the 4x4 life had a few 4x4 before but never got into a club and forums wern't around with my first 4x.
learned many things with my first two 4x's like '75 Broncos flip easy when ya get T-boned. Also '89 Broncos just plain suck. should have bought a Toyota the first time.
The toy being a '80 it needs a bit of help in the sheetmetal department but its only got 96,000 original miles on it. it was owned by a little old man in Soldotna that didn't drive it much, but he did put a 8274 Warn winch on the sharp end.
just a little paint to kill the rust and it'll be good as new.
Thank to Deepmud for pointing me to this board and John R. for the seats and bumper.
any help with floorboards would be greatly Greatly appreciated.
Eric
CopperTopToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 02:16 AM   #222
someguyinalaska
Registered Member

someguyinalaska is on a distinguished road
Default New guy to AK

Howdy, Im Luke originally from CA. Just moved up here in June, been dying to take truck out wheelin! Im still waiting on a front driveshaft I drive a 94 toyota pickup with all the usual goodies.
I had a rust free 81 until a drunk driver hot me and totalled it, so I ran out and bought a 94 (gotta love fuel injection) and it became the new recipient of a solid axle swap, arb lockers front and rear, marlin crawler duel t cases with 4.7 gears in the rear case, high steer crossover steering, 35" toyo open country mt's marlin crawler rear 56" springs, front marlin crawler springs etc etc......GPS and a bunch of other miscelaneous stuff. It was built for the rock crawling in California, but I think she will do just fine up here. I have been desperate to find people to go wheelin with, I have even put notes on windshields of trucks and jeeps to see if anyone wanted to meet up, but to no avail. So hopefully this is a good message board to meet freindly wheelers out there!
I came from a state where Jeep and Toy owners do not get along however I dont care what you wheel as long as its a 4x4!

as soon as I figure out how to post pictures I will get em up asap!
someguyinalaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 09:18 PM   #223
RTCUL8
Registered Member

Well mines 2 wheel drive so .

Old 08-07-2005, 09:55 PM   #224
aka_colt45
Registered Member

aka_colt45 is on a distinguished road
Cool so many projects so little knowledge

Well my name is Colton and I have lived in Nikiski AK all my life. I have two projects at this time. A 1975 chevy 1/2 ton and a 1983 chevy 3/4 ton. Im thinking of a trailer queen and a hauler combo. Theese are learning projects for me. So I came apon your website in the search for the tech info. You guys seem to know a lot about what you are doing. So I would like to say thanks for the site and hope you can help

Colton
aka_colt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 01:39 AM   #225
zroc
Registered Member

zroc is on a distinguished road
Default qwik howdy

been out of the truck and wheelin' scene for a while... just got ahold of an 87 burb 3/4 ton (for runnin kids around mostly)... needs a motor but got that figured out I think...

dad and I have a couple early broncos that we plan to get rolling eventually... he wants one for a daily driver and I would like a dual purpose sort of rig... the one I get is a rust bucket and ugly but thats how I like my trail rigs...

used to have a CJ7 (15 years ago), loved that rig but it cuaght fire and insurance company took it while I wasn't lookin...

I like trails and fun in the outdoors with rigs and wheelers... campfires and beer... I play with muscle cars a bit... have a 68 camaro and a 87 IROC... have some other cars but the list would get too long, heh... live in the chugiak area... have for years...

looking forward to participating... always needing parts... heh..

looks like a great tight group... lot of good knowledge and talent from what I've read... and surprised to see organized get togethers in the area... hopefully I will get to meat up with some of you... I am known to hang out at the drags (akracewaypark.com) and have been known to run a bit there...

thank you for providing this board and hopefully I can contribute in the future...

just call me "zroc"
zroc is offline   Reply With Quote