Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > General Chit-Chat > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you wish, introduce yourself here!

Old 10-04-2017, 10:02 AM   #1
Czechsix
Registered Member

Czechsix has disabled reputation
Default Howdy folks

New member, but been on other forums for....seems like forever, come to think of it.

Pirate, RaceDezert, Benzworld, Expedition Portal, etc. Various firearms forums too.

In my 50's now, I've had various 4x4's and 6x6's over the years, Chevy Blazer, Land Rover DiscoveryII, Ford F350, Unimog S, Unimog 404.0, Unimog 406, Tatra T805, Tatra T813, M35A2, Dodge WC 51 and 52's, Puch Haflinger, Rokon, FUSO...and on and on.

Right now I'm stuck for another year in California, but the rest of the family/kids/grandkids are up in Eagle River and Wasilla. The wife and I get up there two or three times a year, and we're trying to get out of this Godforsaken state down here. We'll be getting somewhere into the Mat-Su in the next year, setting up a small shop too so I can work on my crap. Fab, welding, machining, etc. Also woodworking since I do that to work on houses, furniture, etc.

Interests are four wheeling, dirt bikes, ATV's, UTV's, shooting, exploration, history, and all sorts of other things.

Work in the past has been in retail sales, animal sales, archaeology, construction, vehicle import, military surplus sales, home rentals. I might go ahead and go for an FFL once we move, and possibly go for a contractors license. We'll see. Then again I might just sit in a rocking chair with a beer in hand.

Anyway, that's a bit about me, the FNG.
Czechsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:19 AM   #2
Rolling
Now you can have it.

Rolling is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Howdy folks

Welcome to the party!! Albeit a little late, the forums are on life support..

Facebook some of the local groups while you're down there and for sure when you get up here! Love to meet and join you for a beer, get out and do some off road exploring in this place!!

FZJ-80 Lexus on 35's....if you gotta ask whats a ZJ you can't afford it....
Rolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:44 PM   #3
Czechsix
Registered Member

Czechsix has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling View Post
Welcome to the party!! Albeit a little late, the forums are on life support..

Facebook some of the local groups while you're down there and for sure when you get up here! Love to meet and join you for a beer, get out and do some off road exploring in this place!!
Ah well, I'm late to lots of things in life, it seems. What the heck is up with the low traffic on the forum?

Also hate Facebook, lol.

But yeah, I'll do some research and see what's what up there, I definitely want to find a group or club once we're re-established. In the meantime I'll have one more season in the desert, maybe do Panamint, John Bull, some other things. Also have the Calico Mogfest I'll be doing in a couple of weeks. I don't think I'm coming down here again once I'm up north.

Thanks for the welcome!
Czechsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:28 PM   #4
wasillashack
Registered Member

wasillashack has disabled reputation

First, welcome to AK4x4network! Hope to see you in AK soon!
Lot's of reasons for the migration from AK4x4network, lack of active participation by site owners/administrators, other forums are perceived to be more user friendly, Alaskans tend to be more independent minded, choose your reason. There are many extremely talented individuals in Alaska, many are overwhelmed by day to day responsibilities, and/ or too busy making things happen to document their activities. A general attitude of apathy also figures in. A shame, really, when we can learn from each other by sharing information.

We are told not to judge Muslims based on the actions of a few.

I suggest we give the millions of responsible Americans gun owners that same courtesy.
wasillashack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fng