Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > General Chit-Chat

General Chit-Chat Please keep this CLEAN, and FAMILY ORIENTED.

Old 06-11-2017, 07:39 PM   #26
ChevyMan0784
Registered Member

ChevyMan0784 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Missed something?

I think that is a shame, on all the points made. Nate, have you tried contacting James Jones directly? I think he and Alyssia run the FB pages exclusively. As far as the sponsors go, everything is now in a spreadsheet, and the people working it took sections and got to work. I haven't gone over that list, myself, so I wouldn't know what's missing (if anything). I honestly wouldn't know if any of this is a slight of hand, or just forgotten in all the chaos. I can certainly approach James about some of these concerns. Maybe I'll just message him and ask to have him hop on here and answer these. Maybe that would help?
Old 06-11-2017, 07:49 PM   #27
Rdrash
Registered Member

Rdrash is on a distinguished road

Meet and greet meeting Tuesday night at the Mati 7:00 pm

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

“A liberal is a person whose interests aren't at stake at the moment”
Rdrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:02 PM   #28
wrangler

wrangler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdrash View Post
What is the Mati ?
wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:02 PM   #29
Rdrash
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
I've seen nothing on Facebook, nor seen any ads. I just looked and there are only a few posts since this winter on the "official" meet and greet Facebook page until last week or so.

I've not been contacted about donating either. Seems to me calling old sponsors would be the first place to go?

The multiple messages I have sent asking about getting our excavator door fixed have gone ignored as well.
Tried to keep it on the "down low", but it it expected I'm supposed to shell out $1800 in repairs for generously donating use of the machine?... A $100k+ machine.
Think NC Machine, Craig Taylor, APR, etc would just say, "eh no big deal"?

Am I bitter? Sure! Because we got used. All nice and good when we had something that was needed, but once it wasn't needed basically forgotten about like yesterday's trash.

9/23/2016 at 2:51 am . The one and only message the meet and greet has ever received about the door. If anyone of the people that have access to the page look at the message then Facebook will not show it as a new message. I'd have to say the message slipped through and was not seen by myself Nate.

I'd also have to say that you and I have talked several times since then on the phone as well as face to face and you never mentioned it once, messaged myself about it, sent a text or called about. Show up at the mati on the 18th and I'll put $2,000 dollars in your hand and you can be on your way.

On the same note I also owe all seasons Argo $200

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

Old 06-11-2017, 08:04 PM   #30
Rdrash
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrangler View Post
What is the Mati ?
It's the location of the meet and greet for the last half decade Jack

Old 06-11-2017, 09:57 PM   #31
snowbear

snowbear will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'll try but no promises. Trying to earn a buck and they are leaving way faster than they are coming in.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:27 AM   #32
yellowk20
Registered Member

yellowk20 is on a distinguished road

Scott , my involvement has been like yours except I have just been grunt labor . My concern is that when a BOARD MEMBER (Chris) doesnt know what's going on how are things supposed to get done???? Chris Turner is my point of contact , and I can show you the texts and tell you about all the conversations we have had about doing course work since the snow melted .

I can also tell you I took this week off to help , but the lack of information being shared frankly pisses me off. The Damage to the excavator pisses me off, "Someone" coming in behind us and changing the course after we spent hours on it pisses me off.

Frustration about this makes me want to not be involved with any off it , it's not worth the stress . But that being said I think Meet and Greet is a awesome event that I want to be a part off.
yellowk20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:50 PM   #33
Derby6
Registered Member

Derby6 is on a distinguished road

Like everything in government and business, about 99% of this seems to be communication issues..
Old 06-12-2017, 02:57 PM   #34
wrangler

I was out to the meet and greet location Sunday and know one was there, looked like a pickup load of dirt was dumped. the mud pit looked hard and I would think it would take a backhoe to dig it up. With a few days left, this will be interesting.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:54 PM   #35
nate
Registered Member

nate will become famous soon enough

Quote:
9/23/2016 at 2:51 am . The one and only message the meet and greet has ever received about the door. If anyone of the people that have access to the page look at the message then Facebook will not show it as a new message. I'd have to say the message slipped through and was not seen by myself Nate.

I'd also have to say that you and I have talked several times since then on the phone as well as face to face and you never mentioned it once, messaged myself about it, sent a text or called about. Show up at the mati on the 18th and I'll put $2,000 dollars in your hand and you can be on your way.

On the same note I also owe all seasons Argo $200
I sent a few, one had some photos with a couple inches of standing water on the floor from the rain coming it. That's the big reason to get it fixed.

After the door was damaged, the original plan was to try and bend it straight and replace the glass. I'm not sure if the door was worked on?
The issue we have is the top is a good 2" from sealing so the cab keeps getting rain and snow in it.

The option is still there on repairing it if someone can. As long as it closes and seals that will work just fine, and I'd assume be a whole heck of alot cheaper.
The machine is out on a job right now, but we should have it back in the yard in the next week or two.

I have lots on my plate and it's been something that got put toward the bottom of the list. Don't think that I've been sitting in the corner just fuming about it this whole time. Certainly don't have any ill feelings toward anyone.

I tried contacting the main M&G page on Facebook because I wasn't too sure who was in charge of it. As I understand it's an LLC or Corporation, so I'd assume a board of directors? I'm guessing an insurance claim will need to be filed?

I called CMI today. The machine became "obsolete" this year as it's now 20 years old and parts aren't carried anymore.
What's remaining in inventory that the newer machines don't use went WAY up in price.
The door is $4555.50 plus shipping. That's the whole assembly with the window, they don't carry anything else anymore.

I did ask for them to see about a good used door, I'll know more later this week.
When I had called on it last year it was $1800 for the new door and we'd just swap over the hinges, window, etc.

Part number for just the door is 4341204 if you want to search around. 1997 Hitachi EX200LC-3

"The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments." - George Washington

Last edited by nate; 06-12-2017 at 06:02 PM.
nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:13 PM   #36
wasillashack
Registered Member

wasillashack has disabled reputation

Jack, To answer your question, MATI is commonly referred to as the Alaska Transportation Museum.

We are told not to judge Muslims based on the actions of a few.

I suggest we give the millions of responsible Americans gun owners that same courtesy.
wasillashack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:57 PM   #37
wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasillashack View Post
Jack, To answer your question, MATI is commonly referred to as the Alaska Transportation Museum.
Thanks, I called Scott to find out and made the meeting.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:02 PM   #38
wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyMan0784 View Post
Well, I can't really speak for the MG committee on what all they've been doing. But I do know they have been on the radio and all over Facebook and fliers, and the club meetings. Everyone has been talking about it for months.

*touchy subject* the board has been dead for sometime. So, maybe they overlooked the few people that come here for all their off road info. I am not sure. I just logged in for the first time in probably six months, yesterday.

That's an entirely different issue, but it connects. So, if you only come here for MG info, then that is exactly why you haven't heard anything about it. I'd like to think all the older members of the community would know MG is every Father's Day weekend, but I suppose I forget where my hat and keys are every day.. so...

Either way, MG is absolutely still on, and is going to be great. You should come lol. I'll be in the AKX booth, if I'm not running around getting things done for James Jones. My Jeep is still down, waiting on my axles to be shipped from Pontiac MI. So, we will have the XJ all ready to go.
Shack, Chevy man says it was on radio, Facebook and flyer's and I saw it in the valley paper. Also James said their was a meeting Tuesday at Mati which you new about. Sorry you missed this years Meet and Great, it was the best.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:09 PM   #39
nate
Registered Member

What is the address to send the bill from CMI for the new door?

"The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments." - George Washington
Old 06-22-2017, 09:54 PM   #40
wrangler

Nate, I heard if you didn't have something in writing, like pre inspection listing any damage to said vehicle before loaning it. Stating repair/replacement of any damage to said vehicle caused by M&G operators. I heard that all M&G operators of said loaned vehicle, that the damage was already there and not caused by them. It is said that the window was replace with a new one. Maybe you could take a press and reshape the door. With out an agreement and inspection of before and after of said vehicles use, it sounds like you have to except what it is and next time you loan equipment out, get it in writing. As I see it you have, 1. Take it to court, 2. A learning experence, 3. Suck it up, 4. Let it go. I rest my case. But then what do I know about such matters.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:16 PM   #41
yellowk20
Registered Member

Jack it's not gonna come to that. Nate, James has assured me that it will be taken care of. if I have to come get the door I will .

Moving forward, we will no longer be accepting donated equipment to work the course unless it is solely operated by the owner of said Equipment. That way we never have a situation like this happen again.

Nate , everyone involved last year deeply appreciated the what you did and it's been a point of contention that you have not been satisfied with the repair . It will be made right unfortunately it has not been timely and I understand if going forward you don't want anything to do with Meet And Greet
Old 06-23-2017, 01:20 AM   #42
nate
Registered Member

**** happens and it is what it is.

If it wasn't that the cab keeps getting wet it wouldn't bother me too much.
It's no fun sitting on a soaking wet seat all day or having to shovel snow off the seat.

If a body shop can fix it, or whoever, that's fine by me, just as long as it seals reasonably well. I'd rather not see 5k spent on a door, it's much too highly priced!

Jack, I have no idea where you got that info, but I can assure you that the door got bent and window broken at the M&G. That has never been in question.

I certainly have MUCH better things to do than lie about anything. It's rather appalling you'd question my integrity actually. I've been called an *** hole before, that's ok, but never a liar!

If you loaned your truck and it returned with the door twisted up, would you just shrug it off?
The excavator, while it's older is still a ~$50k piece of iron... new they are around $200k.. a replacement door is $5k.

I guess that's "shrug it off" money to you. I'm not eating steak suppers everynight like you! Some days I choose between buying groceries or fuel, parts, etc.

Last edited by nate; 06-23-2017 at 01:34 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:09 AM   #43
yellowk20
Registered Member

No one is saying you are lieing Nate, That's never been a question .

Jack, what was said is that moving forward we won't be using donated equipment unless the owner was operating.

When we rent equipment we get pre and post use inspections and we get insurance . That way if something gets damaged we don't get stuck with a large repair bill that wipes us out. 5000.00 for any repair or otherwise unexpected expense can kill the event .