Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > Classifieds and Vendors Section > Vendors and Local Businesses

Vendors and Local Businesses Please contact the board administrator if you are interested in posting here.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:55 PM   #1
stonetusk
Registered Member

stonetusk has disabled reputation
Default Russian low pressure tires from 'Arctictrans'

Hello Alaska4x4 Network!

I would like to introduce our company to you as we are trying to get our name out there to the northern 4x4 community.

Iím the co-owner of Stone Tusk Off-Road Ltd., based just outside of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and we an importer and distributor of Russian low pressure tires from Arctictrans. I see there has been some interest in these products before on this forum.

I first became interested in the Russian off-roading products and vehicles probably back around 2010 or so when I first found videos of the Cheburator online, similar to some of your members. I am personally from an oilfield background in Northern Alberta, working in a primarily muskeg and swampy area. I was intrigued by these Russian vehicles, and seeing how they can travel in the worst terrain as easily (or more effective than) tracks and thought if they can be successful there, then why not here? My interest and research into the tires and vehicles grew from thereÖ

We imported our first set of Arctictrans tires in early 2016, and shortly after put them on a lightweight Toyota axle and Suzuki engine-equipped rock crawler buggy. Following that we had a Jeep TJ professionally fabricated to feature the tires. Since then Iíve done extensive testing in the muskeg and deep snow, trying to replicate scenarios of the Russian vehicles and their native terrain. I can confidently say these tires are amazing and theyíve passed every challenge Iíve put them through. Floating the vehicle is possible, too, just based on the volume of the tires. I've tested this, safely up to about 5000 lbs in the Jeep.

Northern Canada, Alaska and Russia (and other northern areas) share virtually the same muskeg, boreal forest and tundra. Even though we may need to travel over these environmentally sensitive areas, it can be done in a very responsible manner with a light footprint, and these tires are certainly up to the task!

Please feel free to check out our website and other social media with pictures and videos!

Brent

http://www.stonetusk.ca

https://www.facebook.com/stonetuskoffroad

http://instagram.com/stonetuskoffroad

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWD...zSlZZUzPwarZZA
Attached Images

stonetusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 05:17 AM   #2
yellowk20
Registered Member

yellowk20 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Russian low pressure tires from 'Arctictrans'

Prices?
yellowk20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:43 AM   #3
stonetusk
Registered Member

stonetusk has disabled reputation

They're priced at $9,500 CAD, so about $7,225 USD (based on current $ exchange rate) for a complete set of 4 tires and 4 rims.

I looked into a quote for shipping from Lynden Transport, as they do pickups in Edmonton and deliver to AK and it came back at $2,000 USD (1540 freight, 430 fuel surcharge and 30 border crossing fee). That price seemed a little steep to me, though. Total shipping weight is about 800 lbs.

Brokerage and any applicable tariffs would also be extra
stonetusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 04:55 PM   #4
yellowk20
Registered Member

yellowk20 is on a distinguished road

Ok, cool thank you.
yellowk20 is offline   Reply With Quote