Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > 4x4 Vehicle (car, truck, etc)

Old 09-12-2005, 08:47 AM   #301
BluOval
Does "synonym" have one?

BluOval is on a distinguished road
Talking just sayin hey

hello everyone i new here to the forum. i moved up here a year ago and been woundering where to go and who to talk with, i had a friend tell me about this and thought i would check it out. i am new to the off road and just got my 97TJ about 4mo. ago the only place i have been to is the back of Ft. Rich, i don't know where to go besides that and i seem to get stuck by my self a bit much. so i have been looking for people to go with, this looks perfect. and as for the getting stuck i just bought a winch and should be here in two weeks
BluOval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:16 AM   #302
BluOval
Does "synonym" have one?

BluOval is on a distinguished road
Default lookin around

after checkin out the site and reading through a few post turns out i live next to "mrbean" as far as i can tell from the pic anyway.
BluOval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 06:05 PM   #303
bgreen776
I'm on Team People

bgreen776 will become famous soon enoughbgreen776 will become famous soon enough

Your in the right place, welcome!

Check out the trip planning and trip reports forums to see when and who you can run with. Also check out some of the local clubs. You will find LOTS of cool people to wheel with.
bgreen776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:10 PM   #304
geeky907
Registered Member

geeky907 is on a distinguished road
Default Geeky907...noob Extrordinare!!!

Ok folks, well im another new kid on the block... i was @ the meeting tonite... wanted to send a thanks to everybody i met tonite for their hospitality and feeling of brotherhood... especially to a first timer..... ...

here's some info about me and my geek-mobile

Me:

Early 20's
computer - geek
Electronics tec
Broadcast/RF engineer....
Mechanic

My rig...

Nissan pathfinder
v6 -auto
4wd
stock everythinig.... .(that is untill next weekend)
31-10.5-15's

any comments, questions are more then welcome.... just shout.

- geeky907
geeky907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 09:11 AM   #305
KingDragyn
Registered Member

KingDragyn is on a distinguished road
Default '97 F150 4x4 manual, stock + 285/75/16 Bridgestones

Newer to the dirt than most, but I spent plenty of time in years past on the back of EAFB in an old 85 Bronco (sad to say, it's R.I.P. for that one).

I camp out in the King's River area quite often. I run around in a red '97 F150 4x4 manual, stock + 285/75/16 Bridgestones. Nothing near as insane or expensive as some of your toys, but hey, I gotta start back into it somewhere!

The best part of hitting the mud for me is when my giggling 2 year old starts shouting "FASTER, FASTER, FASTER!"

See you on the trail. KingDragyn
KingDragyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:27 AM   #306
Jonas
Registered Member

Jonas is on a distinguished road
Talking Soon to be newby

Hello to everyone. I'm going to be buying a 88 Samurai. Your forum was referred by a member. So far what I've read, everyone seems to be very hospitable. I know that the Sami I'm going to be picking up is going to have problems. So far it seems to have oil leaking from every seal on it, from the axles to the engine.
First undertaking is going to try and stop the leaking. It looks like it's going to take all winter though. Oh well, something to keep me busy. Need advice on websites for parts and upgrades. Any other advice and info would be appreciated.
Just waiting for the PFD check, than the Sami will be mine.
Thanks in advance
Jonas
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:39 AM   #307
dman357
Let it SNOW!

dman357 is on a distinguished road

Welcome everyone.
It's fun here on the board and every once in a while someone will get their panties in a bunch over something, but the important thing is get out and wheel.

As to sami parts..............I have no clue. Ask AkBearMoose.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:03 AM   #308
Guido
Outbound

Guido is on a distinguished road

Welcome aboard! Look forward to seeing you guys on the trail
Old 10-07-2005, 06:25 AM   #309
Taz
Gruff

Taz is on a distinguished road

Need advice on websites for parts and upgrades. Any other advice and info would be appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Hello to everyone. I'm going to be buying a 88 Samurai....Jonas
Here are a few to get you started. There are more, but the people at these sites are willing to talk to you about upgrades.

Hardcore offroad products for the serious offroad enthusiast!

Petroworks Off-Road Products Inc.Home of Suzuki Samurai Parts and Services

Trail Tough Products - Suzuki Stuff!

Spidertrax Offroad - The Next Level in Off-Road Performance

01 TJ, 7" RELA, Onboard air compressor, 36 IROK radials, Dual batteries, Warn 9000 winch/in cab remote, ARB front and rear.

Alaska Extreme Fourwheelers
Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 11:05 AM   #310
YotaGeoff
Registered Member

YotaGeoff is on a distinguished road

Hey, my name is Geoff and just found out about this site. I moved to Alaska about 2 years ago and just recently got into the 4-wheelin stuff. Picked up a few quads months back, Foreman 500 and a Recon 250. I got my first vehicle on Monday(as well as my license). It's an '04 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner 2WD with rear lock. Maybe further down the road I will get a 4WD truck. Got it out at the Valley Chevy dealership right when your going into town. About $6500 below retail, so we got a good deal.

Good site, glad to be here.
YotaGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 11:09 AM   #311
sledneck

sledneck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaGeoff
Hey, my name is Geoff and just found out about this site. I moved to Alaska about 2 years ago and just recently got into the 4-wheelin stuff. Picked up a few quads months back, Foreman 500 and a Recon 250. I got my first vehicle on Monday(as well as my license). It's an '04 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner 2WD with rear lock. Maybe further down the road I will get a 4WD truck. Got it out at the Valley Chevy dealership right when your going into town. About $6500 below retail, so we got a good deal.

Good site, glad to be here.
good to see ya here. lots of good people and info on this board!
Old 10-24-2005, 03:21 PM   #312
greentruck
Registered Member

greentruck is on a distinguished road

hey guys..i think i used to be a member under a old name but i cant rember the password. anyway i got a '96 Xplorer thats got a 2" body lift and 1" torsion twist in the front + 1" rear lift. and its got alot of pretty mods..haha i'm running 31x10.50s in summer and winter but i have room for 33s(but dont want/need them) anyway just wanted to say hi.

BTW you guys got some hella nice trucks..i have seen a few of you around town..very nice

Last edited by greentruck; 10-24-2005 at 03:22 PM.
greentruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:59 PM   #313
bgreen776
I'm on Team People

bgreen776 will become famous soon enoughbgreen776 will become famous soon enough

Welcome back!
bgreen776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 10:29 PM   #314
greythorn3
Banned

greythorn3 is on a distinguished road
Default new

guess im new too, hello. like to 4x and shoot guns. always working on somthing.

Ray
greythorn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 04:24 PM   #315
murphyslaw
Registered Member

murphyslaw is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hello everyone my name is Ian Murphy.

I have been a member or alaskaoffoad for a while and found this site from there.

I have been into wheeling for quite a few years tho people often ridicule me because of my automotive knowledge and the fact the I'm only 20. I grew up on the race track and in the shop with my father and my grandfather building race cars. i spend that ever time at the track as possible.

I used to have three jeep's an 85 an 86 and an 87. they were where Cherokee's that i had modded the hell out of. one was for rock climbing the 87 for mud and the 85 just to beat the crap outa. those have since been sold now i only have a '94 Cherokee.

I have a 1978 Chevy 3/4 ton f\t 4x4 with an 8" lift and 38's and front and rear winches. after next fishing season i will have front and rear lockers.
I also have a 2000 dodge with a 6" and 35's(I also use this to plow...dont laugh at me)

I would consider myself a good fabricator seeing as that thats what i did for three years at a ship yard in Oregon. I'm a certified welder g3 and g4 unlimited intershield and duel shield. and have a pipe cert but cant remember what class.

I am a certified mercruser and Volvo Marine service technician.

I have a brigs and stratt master service technician certification.

I have a 150 ton lattice crane license as well as a 50 ton hydraulic crane license, and of course the powered industrial vehicle license(forklift)

I also own a plowing company.

I have an Associates in applied sciences(physics)

and know a Lotta nec's

and finally a 100 ton masters license for motor and steam vessels.

Iam very out going, love to work on stuff(don't like working on my own stuff). i welcome others opinions on stuff. and i try to not make fun of them when there wrong. but being as that im only 20 there is alota people that have been there before so i DO listen.

I think thats about it i just might have the longest intro on this board if you have any Q's just send me a pm and ill try to answer it.

We carry guns here, act accordingly.
when in doubt, part it out.

Last edited by murphyslaw; 01-30-2006 at 02:38 AM.
murphyslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 07:06 PM   #316
Red_Ak_Ranger
Registered Member

Red_Ak_Ranger is on a distinguished road

Hi guys!

I'm in Fairbanks currently going to college and found this website searching for something. I'm a member at www.ranger-forums.com because guess what, I drive a 99 Ford Ranger! Unfortunately I'm truckless till summer though, unless I go buy one, but yah, that costs money!

Your site looks pretty cool, any other Fairbanks members? I saw the coolest red Dodge quad cab drivin to anchorage from Fairbanks(I'm from Juneau thou) and it had a HELL of a lift and big tires!

Nice site

Aaron
Red_Ak_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 06:37 PM   #317
tj Ely
Registered Member

tj Ely is on a distinguished road
Default Re: >>>THE OFFICIAL NEW MEMBER CHECK-IN THREAD<<<

Hi my names Ely Woods figured i should introduce myself i own a 02tj and an 88zuke (witch is for sale) i work at lynden as a mechanic and on my free time fix al my own junk i was introduced to the site threw a friend on here and hopefully i can meet some cool people and learn some new stuff from all you jeep heads
tj Ely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 06:42 PM   #318
AKBearMoose
JK WK F350 F150

AKBearMoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj Ely
Hi my names Ely Woods figured i should introduce myself i own a 02tj and an 88zuke (witch is for sale) i work at lynden as a mechanic and on my free time fix al my own junk i was introduced to the site threw a friend on here and hopefully i can meet some cool people and learn some new stuff from all you jeep heads
Tell me more about the Zuki Ely...and welcome aboard

Help me...I caught the Jeep thing!

( ||||||| )
o _________ o
\__o__o__/

AKBearMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 06:43 PM   #319
Sean76
Sick of Idiots!

Sean76 is on a distinguished road

Welcome Ely! Nice TJ
Sean76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:10 PM   #320
wilma83
Registered Member

wilma83 is on a distinguished road

Hey,
Names Brandon Gill. 22 yrs old. Currently live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada but from Eagle River originally. Moving back up around Sept. 2006. Geology nerd/student.
Own a 2003 TJ Rubicon, Full traction 6.5" lift + 1" body on 35" procomps Warn 9.5ti winch.
wilma83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:51 PM   #321
Rescue
Registered Member

Rescue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma83
Hey,
Names Brandon Gill. 22 yrs old. Currently live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada but from Eagle River originally. Moving back up around Sept. 2006. Geology nerd/student.
Own a 2003 TJ Rubicon, Full traction 6.5" lift + 1" body on 35" procomps Warn 9.5ti winch.
Welcome aboard
Old 12-23-2005, 07:09 AM   #322
ArcticOffroadSupply
Vendor

ArcticOffroadSupply is on a distinguished road

Hey everybody! I finally got back up here after the Air Force got done with me While away (Colorado Springs) I started a new online business dealing Rubicon Express and Spidertrax products. I am adding Performance Accessories after the new year, so let me know if I can be of your assistance. I look forward to wheeling with you guys and gals now that I am back for good
Ask for the best price!!
ArcticOffroadSupply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 07:19 AM   #323
Charles98XJ
Registered Member

Charles98XJ is on a distinguished road

New to this forum as a member...., but have been lurking for a while now.
Visited Alaska 25 years ago and was amazed at its beauty....
Presently live in San Diego, CA and have wheeled with WolfheartAK numerous times while she lived here....

I have owned my 98 Jeep Cherokee "XJ" since October '97 and have explored a lot of trails in California, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada and Utah.

The Jeep has a 4.0L, AX-15, 5.5" RE Extreme lift, C8.25 w/29 spline axles, Detroit locker and disc brakes, D30 w/ARB, NP 231 w/TeraLow and a lot more.....
Charles98XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 07:27 AM   #324
AKBearMoose
JK WK F350 F150

AKBearMoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles98XJ
New to this forum as a member...., but have been lurking for a while now.
Visited Alaska 25 years ago and was amazed at its beauty....
Presently live in San Diego, CA and have wheeled with WolfheartAK numerous times while she lived here....

I have owned my 98 Jeep Cherokee "XJ" since October '97 and have explored a lot of trails in California, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada and Utah.

The Jeep has a 4.0L, AX-15, 5.5" RE Extreme lift, C8.25 w/29 spline axles, Detroit locker and disc brakes, D30 w/ARB, NP 231 w/TeraLow and a lot more.....
Welcome aboard Charles...host a pic and post it up for us...sounds like a nice XJ

Help me...I caught the Jeep thing!

( ||||||| )
o _________ o
\__o__o__/

AKBearMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 09:00 AM   #325
wolfheartak
Registered Member

wolfheartak is on a distinguished road

Hey Charles! You found me!

AKBearMoose, You don't want to see pics. His rig sucks! He knows nothing...

-Marisha