Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > 4x4 Vehicle (car, truck, etc)

Old 07-24-2007, 07:38 PM   #451
Mini-Moose
Registered Member

Mini-Moose has disabled reputation
Default Re: >>>THE OFFICIAL NEW MEMBER CHECK-IN THREAD<<<

hey all,
my name is brook ... on here i'm none as Mini-moose.
you all probably know my parents my dad is akbearmoose or just moose and my mom is akrebelroz.... my dad told me alot about the borad and i thought it might be intresting. my parents are in the 2 broke 2play club and soon i will be a member, just like them.... i'm very excited about this and can't wait to use it more!!
I love offroading and playin the mudd!
i think it's fun as i can get out!

brook(Mini-Moose)

Last edited by Mini-Moose; 07-24-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Mini-Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:12 PM   #452
AKBearMoose
JK WK F350 F150

AKBearMoose is on a distinguished road

There went the neighborhood

Help me...I caught the Jeep thing!

( ||||||| )
o _________ o
\__o__o__/

AKBearMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:17 PM   #453
Mini-Moose
Registered Member

Mini-Moose has disabled reputation

Thanks alot dad!!

Is my 16 showing?

2 BROOKLYN 2 PLAY 4 WHEELIN
Mini-Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:27 PM   #454
murphyslaw
Registered Member

murphyslaw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKBearMoose View Post

There went the neighborhood
Dang you moose, your not supposed to bring your kids up like this, its an un-healthy environment for youngins

HAHAHA

We carry guns here, act accordingly.
when in doubt, part it out.

murphyslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:05 PM   #455
AKBearMoose
JK WK F350 F150

AKBearMoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyslaw View Post
Dang you moose, your not supposed to bring your kids up like this, its an un-healthy environment for youngins

HAHAHA
Look at the language in her signature ....and this is my "prissy" daughter...LOL

Help me...I caught the Jeep thing!

( ||||||| )
o _________ o
\__o__o__/

AKBearMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:12 AM   #456
AkHockey10
Registered Member

AkHockey10 has disabled reputation

Hey whats up! AkHockey10 here Been on for a while and just now introducing myself ! ! I graduated for East High in May this year.

anyone wanna know more just ask!

01 Silverado 4.8
95 F-150 5.8
89 Jeep XJ 4.0

2007 East High School Grad
AkHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:59 PM   #457
jasonx1968
Registered Member

jasonx1968 has disabled reputation

I am another newbie. Not just to this forum but to trucks in general. In 20 years I have had over 60+ vehicles and all cars of one sort or another except for 3 1960's Dodges, and they weren't even 4x4. So here I move to Alaska and quickly discover muscle cars and street rods aren' the most practical vehicle for the environment here. So I go and get a 4x4. Ok, I'm hooked. I plowed through any snow bank I came across. Now that it is warm weather, I am ready to try out some starter trails. I grew up in the country in the lower 48. Driving grave roads, watching the Dukes and copying everything they did. I even took my '77 Mustang II on powerline trails. Now I got 2 red-blooded boys of my own and want to share in this wonderful experience of combining playing in the mud and vehicles.
Here is the link to my toy http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2727765 . It isn't much yet but it is fun so far. Any advice on where to start around here?
jasonx1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:13 PM   #458
AK4LIFE
Registered Member

AK4LIFE has disabled reputation

Hello everyone,

My name is Dave I have lived most of my life in Alaska. I love it here because it's home. I found this board from a friend and I'm looking forward to meeting and talking with some/or all of you. I don't know much but I'm learning everyday. I plan to post my 72 k-5 project in the build up threads soon. If your in Anchorage on the Jewel Lake side, hit me up at Uncle Joe's Pizzeria where I work, if you hungry for PIZZA yeaaah! Ask for Big Dave. I'm a driver there and NO I don't use my blazer for deliveries ,haha, well sometimes when I'm bored of driving my pos.

Here are a few pics of my blazer below.

Cheers!,

ak4life

STUCK AGAIN OFF-ROAD club
"You Aint Havin' Fun Till Yer Gettin' Stuck!"

Last edited by AK4LIFE; 07-29-2007 at 02:01 PM.
AK4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:05 AM   #459
falcon_ford
i bleed blue

falcon_ford has disabled reputation

hello everyone im new to the treading idea and thought id give it a try im i ford guy have 1991 crew cab diesel 1979 broncos (2) and aquiring a ranger for trade a bronco, love 4x4 and 2x4 (quads) grew up in kenai grad kchs 2003 and have gone to wyotech i tinker with cad programs on the weekends and build during the week lol this seams like a pretty nice place to start my online life lol
thanks for the site
falcon_ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:06 PM   #460
jeeperzpeepe
Banned

jeeperzpeepe is on a distinguished road

Hello, I am a new user with very beginner talents. I enjoy looking at this website and am a big fan. I ask that you please look at my posts and respond to them. I thank you in advance and look forward to growing in my skills. Oh and I have a jeep, 1983.

Jeffery
jeeperzpeepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:11 PM   #461
crdude
Registered Member

crdude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK4LIFE View Post
Hello everyone,

My name is Dave I have lived most of my life in Alaska. I love it here because it's home. I found this board from a friend and I'm looking forward to meeting and talking with some/or all of you. I don't know much but I'm learning everyday. I plan to post my 72 k-5 project in the build up threads soon. If your in Anchorage on the Jewel Lake side, hit me up at Uncle Joe's Pizzeria where I work, if you hungry for PIZZA yeaaah! Ask for Big Dave. I'm a driver there and NO I don't use my blazer for deliveries ,haha, well sometimes when I'm bored of driving my pos.

Here are a few pics of my blazer below.

Cheers!,

ak4life

I think I seen you driving your blazer around anchorage a month or so ago, it looked NICE!!
crdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:13 PM   #462
stihl029
Registered Member

stihl029 is on a distinguished road

Hey all, I am Andy. Grew up in So.Cal. then joined the Coast Guard. I just got stationed at the ESU in Kodiak a few months ago, before that I was in Cordova for 5 1/2 years. Well I am wheelin a 1988 XJ, and have a 1995 XJ as a daily driver. I am in process of building up some more items on it, but aren't we all. I made a few trips with the wounded warrior project on island, and have been scouting around on my quad and jeeps as well. yeah while I am trying to figure out how to post pics on here ; my 88 is Camo with a snorkle, fenderflares, and rolling on 33's with white rims.
stihl029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:33 PM   #463
TintedSnow
Registered Member

TintedSnow is on a distinguished road

Hey, I'm Sam. I grew up in the AK. I've got a 1996 Jeep Cherokee....I rule. =D

Last edited by TintedSnow; 09-03-2007 at 08:45 PM.
TintedSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:57 PM   #464
AGJeepYJ
Registered Member

AGJeepYJ has disabled reputation

howdy, hope you don't mind another coastie. I'm headin up to kodiak at the end of Nov for the comm station up there. I've been wheelin for a few years now and figured I'd stake some stuff out about kodiak offroading before coming up there. I've got a 1994 Jeep YJ and a 2005 Jeep TJ. I'll be bringing the TJ up to kodiak and doing some small time wheeling til I pick up a lift kit. Here's a shot of each of them.

AGJeepYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:26 PM   #465
71 blaze
Registered Member

71 blaze is on a distinguished road

hey ive been a member for a few months now. my names chris im from the great cornhusker state of nebraska. grew up on a farm there and decided that i needed to see something else so enlisted in the airforce and got stationed up here. I had a blue 71 k5 but i got married and to buy stuff for the house so the toy had to go, so now im looking for a new blazer to start a new project.
71 blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:00 AM   #466
BroncoMan20
Registered Member

BroncoMan20 is on a distinguished road

Hello Everyone
My name is Jonathan Hursh Im 24 years old and Im stationed at Fort Rich.
I deployed to Iraq in October of 06 and am coming home this November!

I am originally from Colorado and love Beautiful country...and Alaska has no shortage.

I have 2 kids and a wife who, at least support, my love of my truck!
I have a 1991 Ford Bronco Silver anniversary edition that I love to death...My uncle was the first owner nd I bought it from him before I moved to Alaska...Drove it to Anchorage across the Alcan and had a blast. I am finally having Matt at Northern 4X4 put a 6" lift and new Tires/Rims on t so I am stoked to come home to it.

I cannot wait to get home from Iraq but I LOVE AMERICA si it was worth it.

I found this forum when I was looking for a website for Northern 4x4 I was at least happy to find this.

I have enjoyed reading and looking at all the pictures of what y'all have going on.
It makes me feel a little closer to home.
Ill be home soon, though i sadly missed the summer season, I look foward to rolling with some of you guys in the futre...and more importantly I look foward to good food and beer!
BroncoMan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:04 AM   #467
George61
Registered Member

Location: Foresthill, CA. Its located about halfway between Sacramento CA and Reno NV. In the Sierra Nevada's
George61 is on a distinguished road

Hi My name is George Dempsey from Foresthill, Ca. I'm a newbe to this board. My wife and I will be comming to Alaska in our motor home draging our jeep. Would hope to meet some of you along our travels. We have a 86 CJ7 with 14 bolt rear, Dana44 front both locked. Dana 300 with 4 to 1 kit, Ford T-18 trans. on board air and welder. 4.2 motor with 4.0 head and mpi. 37x12.5X17 Bfg Mud T/A KM on H2 wheels. Its not real fancy but functional. We live close to the Rubicon and Frodyce trail, therefore run those trails mostly. I have been looking at the trip reports posted here. The picture are great and looking forward to seeing some of the places first hand.
George61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:25 AM   #468
marK89
Registered Member

marK89 is on a distinguished road

Hey my names Mark Huck and im another newb for this board. I live, work, and go to school here in anchorage. just bought a 90 yota single cab short bed with the 22re, and have a lot of plans for it in the future, when i get the money to do it all. Im also a big time dirtbike rider and have been for the past eight years. im always lookin for people to ride with so come summer if your plannin a trip let me know. oh yeah, i race bikes on the ice in the winter too out at big lake. its a lot of fun and not as dangerous as one might think. come check us out by the northshore boat launch. the season starts at the beginning of january. thanks. mark.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:59 PM   #469
murphyslaw
Registered Member

murphyslaw is on a distinguished road

welcome to the community mark. I remember running ice races in FBX in cars on the china, no studs allowed 2wd only man that was a blast.

We carry guns here, act accordingly.
when in doubt, part it out.

murphyslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:00 PM   #470
Stumblinman
Registered Member

Stumblinman has disabled reputation

Hey all, new to thread/Alaska livin' in Fairbanks. Born in Anchorage but only lived here a year now. hmmm ahhh no I'm not 1 year old though.... I drive an '88 Grand Wagoneer with saggy springs,2 inch body lift, 31-10.5's and a couple Wally World lights on top that make it look like Mickey Mouse. Oh yes, and it is by choice. Actually it was pretty bad when I first got it. I've replaced/rebuilt everything on the engine minus block/heads/intake and I still haven't found a vacuum schematic that makes sense to me. Blew the transfer and replaced, I don't know what was sticking through the top but I figured it shouldn't be there. Did an interior swap and 2.5" exhaust swap, still tryin' to make the manifold flange leak to stop. It rides great though for what it is and I keep up w/my bro-in-law in his '74 CJ5 on the snowy trails so far. I had a weird thing happen to me the other day though the cheapo chrome after-market air filter metal top imploded on me... I guess it was time for a new filter, Oh well I'll see what the K&N does.
Well, intro complete here's a pic..

Stumblinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:15 PM   #471
B1
Registered Member

B1 will become famous soon enough

welcome stumbli
Old 01-03-2008, 12:49 PM   #472
1984 ford
Registered Member

1984 ford has disabled reputation

Hey Im Aaron, i've lived up here for about 11 years now, I have 3 vehicles that i wheel. I have a 1984 Ford F-250 that I've had since I was 17, Its black, 6" skyjacker suspension lift, 35" bfg mud terrains, 6000 miles on new 351w, edelbrock carb/intake, hooker competition headers, D.U.I. ignition, np435 4 speed, np208, rear dana 60 with a posi, open front dana 44 ttb more trouble than its worth. I also have a 81 ford bronco with rust and bald 33s, there is pics of it in last winters knik glacier run, we were in the bigger group, its pretty tuff for 433,000 miles haha, and i also have a 99 arctic cat 500 atv, that thing is built like a brick sh** house. Anyways, hope to see you guys and gals on the trails, im probably goin to be on baldy/kb-29 most of this summer, along with other trails around the valley, mostly on my 4wheeler (atv parts are alot cheaper that truck parts) haha my lifted truck is my pavement pounder I dont know how to post pics on here, so if some one wants to post them, shoot me an email littleaaron@gci.net, thanks

Last edited by 1984 ford; 01-03-2008 at 12:54 PM.
1984 ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:59 AM   #473
capt_kipp
Call Me Captain

capt_kipp has disabled reputation

Thought I should check in, been wheeling the valley for years now but wasn't ever connected to the site, long time lurking type thing. Some people know that my rig burned last year and I'm now half way through a new build. The plan started as a 3/4 ton axled 35" tired mini truck but I got lured away again. So much for street legal... I'm gona start my build tread today so see ya there.
Ryan aka Capt. Kipp
capt_kipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #474
Derby6
Registered Member

Derby6 is on a distinguished road

Another New guy from the Valley. PACKINHEAT told me about this place and I have already got some good info from the site for my sled....
Not really a big time 4X4er, but 4 wheeler, snowmachiner, hunter, fisher, and demolition derbier
Just postin to check in.....
Derby6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:36 AM   #475
LadyRed

LadyRed has disabled reputation

Hi All! I'll make this short...

Full time land use advocate, Life member BlueRibbon Coalition and member of several groups.
Snowmobile Alliance Western States

My BLOG
LadyRed is offline   Reply With Quote