Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > 4x4 Vehicle (car, truck, etc) > Technical Articles

Technical Articles Extensive step by step articles, and threads of high technical reference value.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:10 PM   #1
etdavenport
Registered Member

etdavenport has disabled reputation
Default 2004 f250 lift project

I have a bulletproofed and built ford f250 6.0 that has [I think] about 4 or 6 inches of lift on it. It looks like they used custom front leaf springs and then a 4" block in the rear but I am not certain. I recently purchsed new rear springs to ge the rear to 8" but I need to do the front too. I was hoping to just add a 2" shackle kit to the front, swap out my rear springs and lower my blocks to get an overall excess lift of 2" but I have no idea If I can just change the shakle kit and actually get 2" in the front. It is looking lik e I need to buy 8" front springs?

Anyone know a shop in anchorage that can actually look at the truck and tell me what I need to do? ANd possibly do it for me? everyone wants over $600 just to swap the rear leaf springs... what a joke.. it is looking like I am doing this myself as usual because everyone wants the cost of a new lift kit jsut to install a couple springs on an old truck.]
etdavenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 12:24 AM   #2
nate
Registered Member

nate will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2004 f250 lift project

I don't exactly 7nderstand what your trying to do but can give Dan a call at Team Lance Garage.. (just Google it for the #)

He is in ER, but close enough to Los Anchorage. I bring my stuff to him and I'm in Palmer.

"The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments." - George Washington

Last edited by nate; 07-22-2016 at 12:26 AM.
nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:01 AM   #3
DRussell
Registered Member

DRussell has disabled reputation
Default Re: 2004 f250 lift project

Have you ever swapped rear leaf springs on a truck with a bunch of miles on it. It's usually no easy task. $600 doesn't seem all that out of the park. Anyway, they do have a nice front spring hanger and shackle drop kit, see sky off road http://www.skysoffroaddesign.com/col...nsion-1?page=2 This kit drops it all evenly to keep the geometry of the front axle in factory location. They have a rear drop kit too so you might not have to buy any new springs. I'm not sure your capabilities but no hanger kit is just bolt on. Once all the old junk is removed and cut off it bolts on from there.

Post some pics of it so we can see what your working with
DRussell is offline   Reply With Quote