Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > Alaskan Interest > Shooting, Firearms, and Reloading

Shooting, Firearms, and Reloading Looking for a new pistol, purchased a new rifle, have a range report, tell us about it here. All firearm related topics, including political, belong in this forum.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
NewbieFJ60
Registered Member

NewbieFJ60 is on a distinguished road
Default Gun Safes

Who uses what kind of safe ? I currently have a very large and well built solid oak 8 rifle cabinet that I want to replace with a fire safe after I move ..Lets hear what you have and why ? I see alot of them around 949-999 which is fine with me ..but just curious on brands etc . I'm thinking 12 rifle case or so
NewbieFJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
Full83size
Registered Member

Full83size is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gun Safes

Cannon safes, Boondocks, Sportsmans show. All you need to know about safes... Boondocks has blowout prices on the entire line up of cannons at the Sportsmans show every year. I picked up my 30 something gun scout for $599. My particular safe has a 30 minute burn time rating at maximum temp, and a lifetime warranty. If my safe is ever in a fire or an attempted break in, cannon will warranty the safe for free.

I'm super happy with it... It has data ports for a back up hard drive, power ports, and can be bolted to the floor. I think there are a few good companies out there, and cannon is near if not at the top of the list.

*A Tree huggin, Boondockin adict...

-Babe the BLUE OX, 83' Chevrolet, tons and 45" AG's
http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=55894
Full83size is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #3
Full83size
Registered Member

Full83size is on a distinguished road

Also worth mentioning, whatever you plan on size wise, get at least one size larger. Once you start to place items in there you will suddenly realize that there are a ton of things in your life that can never be replaced I.E. old photo albums, family air looms, hunting equipment, GPS, expensive optics and you name it....

*A Tree huggin, Boondockin adict...

-Babe the BLUE OX, 83' Chevrolet, tons and 45" AG's
http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=55894
Full83size is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
NewbieFJ60
Registered Member

NewbieFJ60 is on a distinguished road

Wonder if they would deliver to wasilla
NewbieFJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
wrangler

wrangler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full83size View Post
Cannon safes, Boondocks, Sportsmans show. All you need to know about safes... Boondocks has blowout prices on the entire line up of cannons at the Sportsmans show every year. I picked up my 30 something gun scout for $599. My particular safe has a 30 minute burn time rating at maximum temp, and a lifetime warranty. If my safe is ever in a fire or an attempted break in, cannon will warranty the safe for free.

I'm super happy with it... It has data ports for a back up hard drive, power ports, and can be bolted to the floor. I think there are a few good companies out there, and cannon is near if not at the top of the list.
I 2nd that, we got 2 from them, best deal. Unless its changed, the manufacture was there with Boondocks. Heal sells safes also here in Wasilla. His shop is on Wasilla lake where cottonwood creek dumps from lake, Palmer/ Wasilla hwy.
wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote