Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > 4x4 Vehicle (car, truck, etc) > Build-up Threads

Build-up Threads Long term build up threads only please. This forum will be very heavily moderated. If you have a question about content, pm Logjam before posting it.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #76
plyr2k
Registered Member

plyr2k is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let the games begin.... GMT400 SAS

Rear shackle angle at ride height.

I can't remember if it was here or another forum, but somebody mentioned that my tie rod end looked a little far out. Just wanted to show how long they are.

T-case is in. Drive shafts going in. Gotta build my new cross member. And get the y pipe to clear then it'll be driveable.
"Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag .We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language .and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

T. Roosevelt-1907
plyr2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #77
plyr2k
Registered Member

So instead of building a new crossmember, I ordered a clocking ring. It's registered and insured but I don't want to drive it until all four wheels are turning. It's slippery.

I've been at work/sick. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get some more done.
"Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag .We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language .and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

T. Roosevelt-1907
Old 01-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #78
plyr2k
Registered Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaXLPqDgYks

A short video of me driving it before i came back to work. I got my clocking ring but havent installed it. Trans is blowing fuses again

On a good note, the PO had some wiring under the dash with a switch that fired the gauges. Turns out, there was a 40 amp fuse under the hood blown. Replaced it and it works like a charm, then removed all the wiring.

Dont know if this was Greg or not.......

Rear seats are out, front seat is unbolted, floors out, and that'll be one of the next tasks.

This transmission is beating me to death.

T. Roosevelt-1907
Old 01-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #79
Dr. Destructo'
Bilge rat

Dr. Destructo' is on a distinguished road

Those stock front springs or? How tall are the zero rates?

Thinking hard about doing this to my truck, but wanting to keep it as low as I can.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #80
plyr2k
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Destructo' View Post
Those stock front springs or? How tall are the zero rates?

Thinking hard about doing this to my truck, but wanting to keep it as low as I can.
Yes, stock 52" springs, 1 inch zero rates. Kerts kit actually has less lift built into the brackets than almost anyone else. It looks good with 36's, but i could clear 40's very easy.

T. Roosevelt-1907
Old 02-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #81
plyr2k
Registered Member

I guess i never updated this with the transmission cure...
Since december 31st ive only been home 6 days and just come back up north a week ago.

Anyways, after a bunch of research, i ended up on a forum that a guy was asking about going from a 4l80e to a 4l60e. thats where a found my diagrams. It turns out, the owner before Greg installed a 4l60e pigtail. the 4l60e uses 13 wires, the 4l80e uses 11. Thats where the two extra wires coming off the pigtail came from.

When the transmission shifted after changing the solenoids it was only a 1-2 shift. The 1-2 wire is the same on both transmissions, but the similarities stop there shortly after.

Anyways, 32$ for a brand new connection at the transmission, some time spent wiring, and it shifts. It shifts good too. After being able to spin the tires i soon found out my rear drive shaft is to short, and kind of took some splines out of my slip yoke, but it shifts.

T. Roosevelt-1907

Last edited by plyr2k; 02-26-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #82
ChevyMan0784
Registered Member

ChevyMan0784 will become famous soon enough

All I know is that bag of Redman looks awesome lol. Glad the trans is up and going!
Old 10-06-2014, 05:41 PM   #83
plyr2k
Registered Member

Yes. I know. It's been almost 2 years since this thread was even posted in. I have a lot of things change in my life during that time, but there's no need to talk about that.

I bought a set of 47" ltbs. Then I bought some Rockwells. Then I bought PSC steering for the Rockwells. Then I realized I needed to go up 4 inches. And that's about where we are at.

Right now the rear is just bolted in. It still needs to go up 4 inches. The front is still a 60, but that will change tomorrow. I have a set of 4" 52s for the front.

Plans, Rockwells Detroit front spool rear. PSC full hydro. I put a factory transfer case back in it. Wheel brakes up front and pinion brakes out back. Re centered h1s (at great land being cut and

T. Roosevelt-1907
Old 10-07-2014, 05:32 AM   #84
nate
Registered Member

nate will become famous soon enough

I'm surprised Greatland would mess with the wheels. I asked them to weld up a set a while back and I got laughed out the door.

"The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments." - George Washington
nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:26 PM   #85
AirmanSkee
Registered Member

AirmanSkee has disabled reputation

Gonna be badass man. Glad I could help with what I could. After messing with those Rockwells, when I look at my D44 it looks puny lol
AirmanSkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:43 PM   #86
plyr2k
Registered Member

T. Roosevelt-1907
Old 10-15-2014, 09:19 PM   #87
SourdoughJoe
Registered Member

SourdoughJoe has disabled reputation

Very cool truck.
SourdoughJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:21 PM   #88
AKPrice
Registered Member

AKPrice is on a distinguished road

Looking good man
AKPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:23 AM   #89
DRussell
Registered Member

DRussell has disabled reputation

I spot wheel disc brakes on a deuce! that's not cheap. should be pretty sweet. my pinion brakes were cheap and they work but man do they suck. so noisy and I cant get the calipers to stop dragging. I would like to see how well the wheel disc setup works. nice truck!
DRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #90
|AK|Chevelle
Registered Member

|AK|Chevelle is on a distinguished road

That thing sure has come a long way! Looks good bud!
|AK|Chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #91
plyr2k
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRussell View Post
I spot wheel disc brakes on a deuce! that's not cheap. should be pretty sweet. my pinion brakes were cheap and they work but man do they suck. so noisy and I cant get the calipers to stop dragging. I would like to see how well the wheel disc setup works. nice truck!
You're more than welcome to come check it out. I live close to Lee. I couldn't find any pinions that would work with 32" spring pad width. What calipers do your pinion brakes use?
Quote:
Originally Posted by |AK|Chevelle View Post
That thing sure has come a long way! Looks good bud!
Thanks Greg!! I remember when I first bought it.... I wonder how many inches of lift it has now!

T. Roosevelt-1907
Old 10-16-2014, 01:37 PM   #92
DRussell
Registered Member

chevy 3/4 ton calipers. im looking into wheel style brakes. im going to make my own setup. hope it works!
Old 10-16-2014, 02:03 PM   #93
plyr2k
Registered Member

Quote:
chevy 3/4 ton calipers. im looking into wheel style brakes. im going to make my own setup. hope it works!
Same caliper I have out back. Good luck!

T. Roosevelt-1907
Old 05-20-2015, 06:11 AM   #94
plyr2k
Registered Member

Mounted the steering reservoir.

I think the Stinky Fab mount is meant to use a smaller 8"x2" ram. Im using a 9"x2.5", so it was kind of a tight fit. This was the only way the clamps would work.

Orbital.

Power steering cooler
Before we added another front crossmember and dropped the front spring hangers 2 inches.

How it sits now.

Here you can see the small crossmember we added between the frame and front spring hangers.

Mad thanks for anyone who has lended even the slightest help in getting it this far.

T. Roosevelt-1907
Old 05-20-2015, 08:32 PM   #95
joe231
Registered Member

joe231 is on a distinguished road

Beast!
Very cool!

Chevy Only
joe231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:16 PM   #96
DRussell
Registered Member

Looks great man. I know your not
Home for the memorial trip but theres always july 4th. Lets tie up all the loose ends next time home.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:07 AM   #97
plyr2k
Registered Member

Quote:
Looks great man. I know your not
Home for the memorial trip but theres always july 4th. Lets tie up all the loose ends next time home.
For sure. I kind of have a group of people coming to Caswel July fourth though. I was looking for another big run sometime end of july/beginning of August. Have fun though. That should definitely be a good time.

T. Roosevelt-1907
Old 05-25-2015, 12:48 PM   #98
bigtex
Registered Member

bigtex is on a distinguished road

That rig is truely massive in person adam. Made the ford look small
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyot...lack-81-a.html
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/ford/...bler-tech.html
bigtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:48 PM   #99
plyr2k
Registered Member

T. Roosevelt-1907
Old 07-17-2016, 10:10 PM   #100
DRussell
Registered Member

Ouch man. Ouch. That one hurts.