Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > 4x4 Vehicle (car, truck, etc) > Build-up Threads

Build-up Threads Long term build up threads only please. This forum will be very heavily moderated. If you have a question about content, pm Logjam before posting it.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:51 AM   #26
ls-tj
Registered Member

ls-tj has disabled reputation
Default Re: Barely Legal

Word that the LT5 is suppose to be dohc should be a nice motor, mercury did a dohc LS motor. Yea I've seen the v12 pretty neat.

Yea pretty much put project on hold, after i went back to work i was working a 16/5 schedule flying down to the states, when id go on days off i didn't feeling like doing ****, I'm now back to 3w/3w so progress should start picking up this spring, moneys always the biggest factor in how much i get done, but I'm hoping to have her almost complete next spring.
ls-tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:26 PM   #27
wasillashack
Registered Member

wasillashack has disabled reputation

Seems like that is the way life works, you have time, or money, but never both. Good luck, and keep us posted.

We are told not to judge Muslims based on the actions of a few.

I suggest we give the millions of responsible Americans gun owners that same courtesy.
wasillashack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:19 PM   #28
ls-tj
Registered Member

Well more parts arrived still waiting on a couple more things to arrive progress will continue on jeep will continue in the next few months once i get moved into the house, my hp power level is unknown at this time i bought a 22% overdrive lower pulley will be ordering upper pulley, acquired a 6l80 with 3k miles. I could of done without the notcher but i love making my life easier, should have my 43's tsl sx's any day and can mount to wheels, rings will be powder coated emblems painted, can't wait to start working on her again.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:15 PM   #29
ls-tj
Registered Member

So its been a bit since I've last posted but I've gotten parts and made some progress, don't have all pictures of tub being mounted can't find camera cable but phone pics work. But ill leave off where i left.

shocks came 16'' ori's kept them black still unsure on what color she's going to be, figure blacks always a good color

tires came daughter finally wanted to get involved so what the hell let her give me a hand wish she was older to get the true build experience

I don't have pictures of relink of front but redid it will be redoing it as I'm ditching the dana 60 and will be going 14bolt do to a couple issues. Built a new mount for the 6l80 seems to be abetter design this way

Rear finally linked up tcase support installed everything works

And tub took a bit to mount but got her on i have no clue how it balanced the first time i did it with the engine hoist but didn't this time. Eventually got her on and rolled out front

Next up build 14 bolt, fab a roll cage build shock mounts

Last edited by ls-tj; 06-02-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:28 AM   #30
broncoformudv
Registered Member

broncoformudv is on a distinguished road

Looking good! Thats going to be a nice setup when she is finished.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:50 PM   #31
wasillashack
Registered Member

wasillashack has disabled reputation

Is the front axle in its' stock location?

We are told not to judge Muslims based on the actions of a few.

I suggest we give the millions of responsible Americans gun owners that same courtesy.
wasillashack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:46 AM   #32
ls-tj
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasillashack View Post
Is the front axle in its' stock location?
If the axle normally sits underneath the grille then yes its in the stock location. I've got like 119'' wheelbase, when i started this project my goal was the front tires 7" past front bumper, the rear is 7" past the *** of the tub not bumper. everything was took with a 42'' tire in mind, it may change to a 45
Old 06-06-2017, 10:32 PM   #33
ls-tj
Registered Member

So I've got a lot of finish looking welds to be done cage is big one of them biggest reason for todays purchase, i also gotta build a fuel cell, center console, and possible aluminum fenders. Ive never touched a tig welder in my life its going to be fun learning curve. Yesterday i was talking with my cousin about building my cage, pointers, conversation lead onto you can weld?....yea, I've got a tig welder, soooo how much you want to weld up the cage when its finished? he said, nope not going to do it ill bring welder over teach you to weld but I'm not going to weld it for you, you've gone this far you can do it. Well I'm headed back to work Thursday work will resume in 3 weeks, its going to be a long 3 weeks.

Ive got my seat figured its the prp alpha price point is up there at 850 a piece don't come cheap but colors fully customizable, ill be ordering one for the time being so i can get cage built when i get home, last 2 will come later
heres a link to the seat https://www.prpseats.com/product/alpha-composite-seat/#
Old 01-03-2018, 10:33 AM   #34
ls-tj
Registered Member

Well its been a while since i posted much or did anything for a while, but heres an update build should start coming together more now as more parts start coming in.
This is how she's going to sit at ride height

Engine is starting to be pieced together all fittings will be an

Steering wheel setup, paddle shifts, waiting for cts2pro to come in then gotta get a piece of aluminum milled for mount

Seats all 3 heated very comfortable

And fabbed up roll cage not quite complete still need to fab harness mounts rear harness bar for my daughter, base of rear seat will be tied into bars going from b to c pillars which will also be used as shock mounts

Next up ditching ford anything on this build, front axle is going away in favor of a torq14 housing and outers ordered ill be running 40 spline, 300m rcv arb's, should be here when i get back from work

Last edited by ls-tj; 01-03-2018 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:45 PM   #35
Derby6
Registered Member

Derby6 is on a distinguished road

Roll cage from HE!!. You plan on driving over a cliff. lol
Old 03-15-2018, 09:42 PM   #36
ls-tj
Registered Member

Weel heres a couple month update not really much has changed...Theres definitely a lot of waiting on parts, when i don't have parts i don't feel like doing much of anything where honestly i could be doing stupid little **** that will slow me down in the end, I was hoping to have this done by fathers day but its looking like that isn't going to happen I tried to set a goal but the one goal i do hope is that its done in time for a little summer wheeling. So heres some update photo's

If theres one thing i do hate its packing peanuts i swear ever package i get has them

Ive since sold my axles yes plural

Ive since changed my dash setup mocked my center console yesterday

I decided on lsx concepts accessory drive and there hd race kit for blower, as of right now the spacing between blower and upper pulley is close i have a couple option, smaller upper or 1/2 spacer on tb but as you can see spacing between motor and where radiator will mount will be close or take a grinder to tb.

Brake setup for front, the rear should be similar

Bought myself a new saw, i used one while i was at work months ago and decided sooner or later id buy myself one. while out picking up steel for center console figured what the hell i wonder if air liquide had any, sure enough they did i sat on it for about 10 min if it was a tad cheaper i probably would of said yes right away

Just need to sheet over, saw works awesome wish i would of bought one when i first started this project

Where i stand now torq housings and 3rd members should ship by tomorrow, lockers on 4/20, I'm going to start fuel cell in next couple days i bought the aeromotive phantom 340 kit for fuel system

Last edited by ls-tj; 03-18-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:13 PM   #37
rondert
Registered Member

rondert has disabled reputation

Looks like you got some serious roll cage there. Nice project!
rondert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:36 PM   #38
ls-tj
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondert View Post
Looks like you got some serious roll cage there. Nice project!
Thanks, I'm probably going to redo cage eventually there's a couple things I don't like and didn't feel like redoing at the time, I just want it driving right now so I'm putting that off
Old 04-28-2018, 03:55 PM   #39
ls-tj
Registered Member

Axle's arrived and there getting fitted with c's and spindles, front wms 73'' rear at 70'' wms
still waiting for arbs's so i can set my 3rd's up

Radiator came in fitted with -16 fittings downfall had to do away with ls3 tb and go back to the standard lsa tb, im running out of room, still need to fit my heat exchanger up there, i may be mounting tranny cooler on fenders haven't decided ill figure that out when i get there

Parts back from powdercoating and **** do they look good love the color pictures don't do justice

Im thinking this is how my front 4 link will be setup dom will run along side of tub braced back to frame and lower sub this will serve as a rockslider also, upper links will be tied into it mounted outboard of frame lower links mounted along bottom of frame rail ive got it all pictured just need axles back so i can make it all happen, i also gotta make it look somewhat decent not some tacky looking ****

When i get free time at work i tend to buy **** i could do without but after using it sure glad i upgraded, i tried going back to the old hood and its ****. ill keep it around never know, definitely worth the investment considering the miller was a freebie

I had a goal to try and finish on a certain date that aint happening all i can hope is that i finish before summers over maybe getting some wheeling in, axles sure took a huge hit from the wallet.