Alaska 4x4 Network

Go Back   Alaska 4x4 Network > Alaska 4x4 Network Forums > General Chit-Chat

General Chit-Chat Please keep this CLEAN, and FAMILY ORIENTED.

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 01:52 PM   #1
Mizzoura
Registered Member

Mizzoura Default Reputation
Thumbs up

Check this site out, turn up your speakers sit back, watch and remember.

http://members.cox.net/classicweb/Heroes/heroes.htm

Old 04-01-2004, 01:56 PM   #2
Badcop

linky no worky

Old 04-01-2004, 02:06 PM   #3
Mizzoura
Registered Member

Mizzoura Default Reputation

Try it again, Sorry

http://members.cox.net/classicweb/Heroes/heroes.htm
Old 04-01-2004, 02:10 PM   #4
Bronco85
Registered Member

Bronco85 is on a distinguished road

Well we'll never be able to forget because noone will let us forget. It has to be mentioned on the news every day. And Everything that happens bad in the world they're trying to make us beleive it's linked to that event.

Old 04-01-2004, 02:46 PM   #5
imported_Alaska ZJ
Registered Member

imported_Alaska ZJ Default Reputation

Yes they do Phil, and your a arrogant **** for thinking otherwise.

However I too am a little tired of hearing about it. I just wanna see Snowman Holding UBLS balls in his hand with AZ/CJ rams a red hot poker up his ******* (he is the medic afterall and should be the one to perform all invasive procedures).

"For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

USE YOUR HANDSAVER ON YOUR WINCH. WEAR YOUR **** GLOVES AS WELL!!</center>
Old 04-01-2004, 03:09 PM   #6
nate379
Registered Member

nate379 Default Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Bronco85 @ April 01 2004,14:10)]Well we'll never be able to forget because noone will let us forget. It has to be mentioned on the news every day. And Everything that happens bad in the world they're trying to make us beleive it's linked to that event.

The more I hear 911 the less it means to me.. and for the record 911 is an emergency number. Thats all its, if you are refering to the date that the trade center towers where run into it would be 9/11, 9-11, or Sept. 11, or how ever you would like to say a date. You don't refer to xmas as 1225 do you?

I don't want to come off as a uncaring ******* here. But these people do not deserve any more recognition then anyone else that is murdered or killed... Let them Rest in Peice and go on with your lives!
I don't refer to Christmas as xmas either.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:39 PM   #7
Chainman
Registered Member

Chainman Default Reputation

I can never forget. Working for an airlines, it is impossible to forget. 9-11 has changed our lifes. Tragedy of that scale is hard not to recognize.

*On a side note...
Brentt, Phil, You guys aren't "anger buddies" are you? Cuz it just occurred to me... that might not be the best match.

Kind of like Bobby Knight and Sean Penn being "anger buddies"
that did not work at all.

*Goosefrahba Phil, gooooooosssssfffrrraaaahhhbbbaaa...

Old 04-01-2004, 04:14 PM   #8
DNGRRNGR
Banned

DNGRRNGR is on a distinguished road

Phil, Brentt is right, you are an ignorant ****...... those people do deserve recognition for what happened to them and for the rescue workers and soldiers who have lost their lives as a result.

Am I getting tired of hearing about 9-11 on the news everyday??? yes.... but nontheless I will never forget and will always have the upmost respect for the people that have lost their lives and pray for their families.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:53 PM   #9
Maddening
Registered Member

Maddening is on a distinguished road

I see what Phil is trying to say, in his uneloquent way. And I guess I understand the frustration of being told over and over "never forget" every other day by media and everywhere else for that matter.

Thing is, I will never forget, I doubt anyone will, something like this you can't forget, something so personal to all Americans, where so many good people died trying to save the lives of so many others...

But.. I also am not going to stop living my life exactly the same way I did before 9/11, it's all I can do. In fact it's the best thing I can do to show that there has been no effect on me and that I am not scared of terrorism.

I could just as easily slip on a piece of ice and crack my head open than I could die by an act of terrorism. I will not live my life in fear of dying because "Crazy Osama hates America".

Now there's hearings going on trying to determine what they knew about 9/11 prior to it happening. Hindsight is always 20/20. It's easy to add things up afterhand and see what the equate to when you already know the answer. Stop trying to point the fingers and place blame now, it doesn't make a hill of beans difference at this stage of the game.

/shrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
Dammit, it's cold here!
...caught the Jeep thing again. '17 JK Hypergreen Hard Rock!
Old 04-01-2004, 05:50 PM   #10
imported_Country Boy
Registered Member

imported_Country Boy Default Reputation

First off. To anyone who says your not scared of terreroists your way off coarse. You should be scared of them but not let it affect your life. I have seen what they do first hand. Any dumb mother ****er who fills his car with 500lbs of exsplosives and drives it into a area with americans and his own people women and children nontheless and blows the **** out of himself and others, scares the **** out of me and it would you. Any ******* who kills himself to hurt others scares me period. Once you see it first hand you will be scared trust me. These ****s are plain and simply evil.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:05 PM   #11
FireMedic
Registered Member

FireMedic is on a distinguished road

**** You Phill! I lost 343 members of my family that day. I'm not asking you to bow and remember September 11th every day but if you ever disrespect it around me I'll knock your fat *** out. Those brave men and women that make the ultimate sacrifice to save pathetic hunks of **** like you possess a quality that you can't even imagine. It's something that you could NEVER do and to look at the events of that day lightly without almost tearing up at the magnitude of it all simply means that you are even more ignorant than I thought. You can lick my sack.

Old 04-01-2004, 06:19 PM   #12
imported_Country Boy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (FireMedic @ April 01 2004,19:05)]**** You Phill! I lost 343 members of my family that day. I'm not asking you to bow and remember September 11th every day but if you ever disrespect it around me I'll knock your fat *** out. Those brave men and women that make the ultimate sacrifice to save pathetic hunks of **** like you possess a quality that you can't even imagine. It's something that you could NEVER do and to look at the events of that day lightly without almost tearing up at the magnitude of it all simply means that you are even more ignorant than I thought. You can lick my sack.
Very well put firemedic. I Agree 100 Percent.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:25 PM   #13
Maddening
Registered Member

Maddening is on a distinguished road

Wow, that Firemedic... he don't mess around! *

As for being scared about terrorism CB, I understand, we thought we were invulnerable, and were sadly proven wrong. *If I was in another country full of these crazy ****s hell yeah, I'd be scared, but in the USA I'm proud to say I still feel secure and am not scared. *That's what you're over there to protect, and I thank you for it. Don't know how else to put it, I hope that makes sense..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
Dammit, it's cold here!
...caught the Jeep thing again. '17 JK Hypergreen Hard Rock!
Old 04-01-2004, 07:14 PM   #14
Bronco85
Registered Member

Bronco85 is on a distinguished road

Oh man Firemedic, your really scaring me now... So you threatening me and calling me "pathetic hunk of ****.." is suppost to make me respect you and feel sorry for those that where doing their jobs? Sorry it really doesn't. But Hell if thats how you feel it's your opinion. You have a right to it. As I have my opinion and also have a right to it.

Those that did the attach got exactly what they wanted out of it. The country is scared to death of them, and all others like them.

IF you feel the need to come and punch me be my guessed. I'm sure you'll feel much better about it while your sitting in Jail.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:39 PM   #15
imported_85toyflatbed
Registered Member

imported_85toyflatbed Default Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (FireMedic @ April 01 2004,18:05)]**** You Phill! I lost 343 members of my family that day. I'm not asking you to bow and remember September 11th every day but if you ever disrespect it around me I'll knock your fat *** out. Those brave men and women that make the ultimate sacrifice to save pathetic hunks of **** like you possess a quality that you can't even imagine. It's something that you could NEVER do and to look at the events of that day lightly without almost tearing up at the magnitude of it all simply means that you are even more ignorant than I thought. You can lick my sack.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:50 PM   #16
Chainman
Registered Member

Chainman Default Reputation

Show some respect Phil. FireMedic is going to feel a kindred with those lost.

Remember, they ran into a building everyone else was running out of. It was not just thier job that day. They should still be here to do the job today and tommorrow.

If you are tired of hearing about it, or reading about it...then move on, but show some respect. It is the decent and wise thing to do.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:34 PM   #17
Badcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] don't want to come off as a uncaring ******* here. But these people do not deserve any more recognition then anyone else that is murdered or killed... Let them Rest in Peice and go on with your lives!
Well you did, I cannot believe these came out of your mouth Phill!!! That is the most thaughtless uncaring thing anyone I know has ever said. Your saying all the Firfighters, Cops, and Medics who responded in the line of there duties to treat and care for the wounded are worthless and not worth remembering??? **** that! They are the true heros of our lifetime, same as Truman in Brentts old *** days. The people that lost there lives in 911 do need to rememebered and charished and immortalized for years to come.

Old 04-01-2004, 09:38 PM   #18
00TJ
Hermann The German

00TJ is on a distinguished road

Your a piece of work Phil
Set the example in everything you do in your sport."Post Responsibly" "Ride Responsibly" "Camp Responsibly" "Drink Responsibly". Behave like EVERYONE in the world is watching and evaluating your actions. Have fun, yes. But realize we are threatened like never before. I've never seen so many closures and potential closures on the horizon. Please take heed and act now

By Del Albright,
Old 04-01-2004, 09:43 PM   #19
imported_85toyflatbed
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (00TJ @ April 01 2004,21:38)]Your a piece of **** Phil
for once we thing the same jerry
Old 04-01-2004, 10:30 PM   #20
DNGRRNGR
Banned

DNGRRNGR is on a distinguished road

Tell you what Phill.... Brentt, Myself, Dan, and the other members of the military that frequent this board put our lives on the line to keep pieces of **** like you alive and free..... 911 brought that back into prespective for the american public, don't ever forget that, those brave men and women lost their lives and we SHOULD never forget that!! Firemedics fellow emergency personel put their lives on the line just like us soldiers in the armed forces to try and save those people. WHAT did you do Phill??? You sat on your friggin fat *** and played nintendo!!!!!! DON'T ever post about **** that you know nothing about.... THINK before you open your YAP! [/rant]
Old 04-01-2004, 10:42 PM   #21
imported_Overlord
Registered Member

imported_Overlord Default Reputation

Wow Phil, pretty heartless...
Old 04-01-2004, 10:52 PM   #22
NewbieFJ60
Registered Member

NewbieFJ60 is on a distinguished road

I'm an ******* for the most part and abrasive , that being said i don't know you personally so can't really say anything about you . I do however have family members and friends that are Detroit PD, and Detroit Fire Dept. as well as Cleveland Fire Dept. so your ****ed up comments do hit a bit close to home , the idea that anyone would treat the memory of the NYPD/NYFD and there actions and sacrifice in such a cavalier and careless attitude really makes me ****ing sick. You most likely don't care about what you say to anyone or what they think of your actions/words..Funny thing is your tune would be different when you dial 9-1-1 and beg for help.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:16 PM   #23
imported_85toyflatbed
Registered Member

makes me wonder do we need some like this to be a moderator for our board

Old 04-02-2004, 02:42 AM   #24
imported_Country Boy
Registered Member

Phill. Your comments have been eating through me all day.

They dont need any special recognition do they is what you said or something like that. Well lets see. Do you think the members who stormed normandy or what about the vietnam memorial or how about the lincoln memorial. Guess we dont need them either. **** we dont need the statue of liberty either do we nor the pearl harbour memorial. September 11 was a day that went down in our history. It was the worst day since Pearl harbour according to historians in our history. What the **** did you do about it. Or how about this what would you do if you would have been there. Ask yourself that. Would you have gone in for people? I know my answer and many others. You may have I dont know much about you. Dont know your family history. But for those who serve. Military, Police, Firemen, EMTs, DOD we have a code and respect that goes straight to our hearts and souls for each other. It doesent matter if you have seen combat in the military or been in any bad situations or anything it just doesent matter. It is still their for those who serve It is ever present. You cant understand this since you are not part of these but to actually say they dont need any special recognition. WTF? That is the most blatten disrespectful thing I have ever heard. As I speak their are several board members deployed to afganistan and iraq. We do what we do for us and people like you. It doesent matter. Its not for the money. Its not for fame. But things we do are for others. And when people disrespect us it hits hard. My father was a Veitnam vet as well as a POW. He then became a firefighter and was one for 25 years. I grew up respecting what he did for society. I went into the military for the simple fact to do what ever I could to serve. So when you make a comment like you did it shows your lack of respect for everyone who has ever served in any of the things I said. So I cant tell you to change nor would it be right of me to tell you how to feal. That is the freedoms I fight for as do others. But know this when you comment on things of this nature you show your true self. And you no longer have my respect. It may not matter to you. But it me hard especially here and now. Thats all. Just ranting I guess. But I had to say it.

my .02
Old 04-02-2004, 02:51 AM   #25
imported_Overlord
Registered Member

imported_Overlord Default Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Country Boy @ April 02 2004,02:42)]Phill. Your comments have been eating through me all day.

They dont need any special recognition do they is what you said or something like that. Well lets see. Do you think the members who stormed normandy or what about the vietnam memorial or how about the lincoln memorial. Guess we dont need them either. **** we dont need the statue of liberty either do we nor the pearl harbour memorial. September 11 was a day that went down in our history. It was the worst day since Pearl harbour according to historians in our history. What the **** did you do about it. Or how about this what would you do if you would have been there. Ask yourself that. Would you have gone in for people? I know my answer and many others. You may have I dont know much about you. Dont know your family history. But for those who serve. Military, Police, Firemen, EMTs, DOD we have a code and respect that goes straight to our hearts and souls for each other. It doesent matter if you have seen combat in the military or been in any bad situations or anything it just doesent matter. It is still their for those who serve It is ever present. You cant understand this since you are not part of these but to actually say they dont need any special recognition. WTF? That is the most blatten disrespectful thing I have ever heard. As I speak their are several board members deployed to afganistan and iraq. We do what we do for us and people like you. It doesent matter. Its not for the money. Its not for fame. But things we do are for others. And when people disrespect us it hits hard. My father was a Veitnam vet as well as a POW. He then became a firefighter and was one for 25 years. I grew up respecting what he did for society. I went into the military for the simple fact to do what ever I could to serve. So when you make a comment like you did it shows your lack of respect for everyone who has ever served in any of the things I said. So I cant tell you to change nor would it be right of me to tell you how to feal. That is the freedoms I fight for as do others. But know this when you comment on things of this nature you show your true self. And you no longer have my respect. It may not matter to you. But it me hard especially here and now. Thats all. Just ranting I guess. But I had to say it.

my .02

Great post, sums up my feelings on the subject.
Closed Thread